talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gianluigi Buffon Announces He Will Leave Juventus

• Subscriber

https://www.espn.in/football/juventus/story/3501156/gianluigi-buffon-announces-juventus-exit?src=com

"Gianluigi Buffon has confirmed he will leave Juventus after 17 years, with Saturday's Serie A fixture against Hellas Verona his last match for the club but not necessarily of his career.

Speaking at a news conference in Turin -- Buffon's home since 2001 -- the 40-year-old admitted he is yet to decide whether he will be retiring or continuing his playing career elsewhere -- revealing he has some interesting offers."

Great career at the club and I don't think he's totally done as a goalkeeper just yet. Someone will come along for his services.

• The title was changed to Gianluigi Buffon Announces He Will Leave Juventus
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

According to Le Parisien, PSG´s offered a two-year deal to Buffon.

Also, in Argentina there were some rumours about Buffon at Boca Juniors. 

I'd like to see him try Argentina but after that many years at a club and in a city he likes I can't see the man leaving Italy.

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

I'd like to see him try Argentina but after that many years at a club and in a city he likes I can't see the man leaving Italy.

Buffon has ruled out in the interview joining another italian club. If he continues his career, it´ll be in another country. 

I can see him going to PSG. They´ll offer a lot of money to him and he will still be close to Italy. PSG desperately wants to be viewed in a more sympathetic light and Buffon would bring a lot of good will to them. In PR terms it makes sense. Strictly on the pitch though, in the present both Areola and Trapp are better than Buffon. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Buffon has ruled out in the interview joining another italian club. If he continues his career, it´ll be in another country. 

I can see him going to PSG. They´ll offer a lot of money to him and he will still be close to Italy. PSG desperately wants to be viewed in a more sympathetic light and Buffon would bring a lot of good will to them. In PR terms it makes sense. Strictly on the pitch though, in the present both Areola and Trapp are better than Buffon. 

When I said not leaving Italy I was thinking more on the lines of, he stays at Juventus in a coaching capacity and starts to train their youth or helps as a GK coach. I think he has immense experience that would benefit the club in the longer run instead of letting him go to another club. 

I actually think he should really just retire in all honesty. Can't really picture seeing him in any other teams kit, would be odd.

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

When I said not leaving Italy I was thinking more on the lines of, he stays at Juventus in a coaching capacity and starts to train their youth or helps as a GK coach. I think he has immense experience that would benefit the club in the longer run instead of letting him go to another club. 

I actually think he should really just retire in all honesty. Can't really picture seeing him in any other teams kit, would be odd.

I agree. Either retirement or a return to Parma to help them return to Serie A seem to me the most logical options. 

Even in the last season, it was clear that Sczesny was the better goalkeeper, but out of respect for all he did to the club, Buffon started.

On 17/05/2018 at 18:18, El Profesor said:

I agree. Either retirement or a return to Parma to help them return to Serie A seem to me the most logical options. 

Even in the last season, it was clear that Sczesny was the better goalkeeper, but out of respect for all he did to the club, Buffon started.

Even better, return to Parma now back in Serie A and break Maldini's appearance record at his first club.

Archived