talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Portugal World Cup Squad

Squad List:

Screenshot_20180604-162005_Drive.thumb.jpg.13667344c32fa405b21025fb5cd4facf.jpg

Preliminary Squad: Anthony Lopes (Olympique Lyonnais/France), Beto (Goztepe SK/Turkey), Rui Patricio (Sporting CP) Antunes (Getafe/Spain), Bruno Alves (Rangers/Scotland), Cedric (Southampton/England), Joao Cancelo (Internazionale/Italy), Jose Fonte (Dalian Aerbin/China PR), Luis Neto (Fenerbahce/Turkey), Mario Rui (Napoli/Italy), Nelson Semedo (Barcelona/Spain), Pepe (Besiktas/Turkey), Raphael Guerreiro (Borussia Dortmund/Germany), Ricardo (Porto), Rolando (Marseille/France), Ruben Dias (Benfica) Adrien Silva (Leicester City/England), Andre Gomes (Barcelona/Spain), Bernardo Silva (Manchester City/England), Bruno Fernandes (Sporting CP), Joao Mario (West Ham United/England), Joao Moutinho (Monaco/France), Manuel Fernandes (Lokomotiv Moscow/Russia), Rony Lopes (Monaco), Ruben Neves (Wolverhampton Wanderers/England), Sergio Oliveira (Porto), William (Sporting CP) Andre Silva (AC Milan/Italy), Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid/Spain), Eder (Lokomotiv Moscow/Russia), Gelson Martins (Sporting CP), Goncalo Guedes (Valencia/Spain), Nani (Lazio/Italy), Paulinho (Braga), Ricardo Quaresma (Besiktas/Turkey)

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

will be keeping an eye on Ricardo Pereira. We're apparently front-runners to sign him from Porto and a deal which I'm hoping will be done before the World  Cup. 

2 hours ago, El_Loco said:

Surprised Renato Sanches is not even on the 35-men list.  I hope he can turn things around for the next World Cup cycle.

Not a surprise at all mate for those who have watched him this season.

Andre Gomes might not be going as well which could also be a surprise to some.

• Subscriber

Renato Sanchez has been in heavy decline since his Euro outing where everyone thought he had everything going for him so its no surprise to really see his exclusion. Whats the reasoning behind not taking Andre Gomes? Not enough playing time to make a call or just poor performance in general?

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

Renato Sanchez has been in heavy decline since his Euro outing where everyone thought he had everything going for him so its no surprise to really see his exclusion. Whats the reasoning behind not taking Andre Gomes? Not enough playing time to make a call or just poor performance in general?

He's genuinely shit. 

Ronaldo

Guedes---------Lopes--------B.Silva

Fernandes----Neves

Guerreiro---Fonte---Pepe---Semedo

Patricio

Portugal have genuinely one of the more exciting teams should they play their young players. 

3 hours ago, Mel81x said:

@Machado you happy with those choices?

Not much to choose from unfortunately.

I'm more worried about the line up. Will be very frustrating if it's not something similar to what Cicero posted above, with Bruno Fernandes or Manuel Fernandes in the middle instead of Lopes. Maybe Guedes out for Andre Silva making it a 4-4-2, which will probably happen.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Machado said:

Not much to choose from unfortunately.

I'm more worried about the line up. Will be very frustrating if it's not something similar to what Cicero posted above, with Bruno Fernandes or Manuel Fernandes in the middle instead of Lopes. Maybe Guedes out for Andre Silva making it a 4-4-2, which will probably happen.

think you'll definitely have one of the better teams to watch at the tourney and you'll are in a group that is going to showcase one of the matches of the tournament for me. I'll be rooting for you'll in the Iberia Showdown. 

22 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

It's between Andre Gomes and Moutinho for the "last" place in the midfield. Don't really care as they shouldn't get many minutes if any. Far better players atm... in better form anyway.

1 minute ago, El_Loco said:

@Machado , wasn´t Pepe injured? I think I read somewhere he was injured in a Besiktas match. 

He is but I also read that he will be fit for the world cup. Nevertheless it's worrying the lack of new centre backs in Portuguese football. There's Ruben Dias but he needs more experience. The ones that will be called are going because we have nothing better.

Just now, Machado said:

He is but I also read that he will be fit for the world cup. Nevertheless it's worrying the lack of new centre backs in Portuguese football. There's Ruben Dias but he needs more experience. The ones that will be called are going because we have nothing better.

That's the only thing that would worry me about your squad is your CB's. I think you have some top quality in midfield and up top, genuinely believe you can do quite well here.

Just now, Chaaay AFC said:

That's the only thing that would worry me about your squad is your CB's. I think you have some top quality in midfield and up top, genuinely believe you can do quite well here.

Think they are fine there for now. Their defence won them Euro 2016 after all. Fonte and Pepe have loads of experience 

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, Cicero said:

He's genuinely shit. 

Ronaldo

Guedes---------Lopes--------B.Silva

Fernandes----Neves

Guerreiro---Fonte---Pepe---Semedo

Patricio

Portugal have genuinely one of the more exciting teams should they play their young players. 

Loved watching Guedes for Valencia whenever I've seen them this season. Hope he performs this tournament. Portugal (and PSG) lucky to have him!

Goalkeepers - Anthony Lopes (Lyon), Beto (Goztepe), Rui Patrício (Sporting)

Defenders - Bruno Alves (Rangers), Cédric Soares (Southampton), José Fonte (Dalian Yifang), Mário Rui (Napoles), Pepe (Besiktas), Raphael Guerreiro (Borussia Dortmund), Ricardo Pereira (FC Porto), Rúben Dias (Benfica)

Midfielders - Adrien Silva (Leicester City), Bruno Fernandes (Sporting), João Mário (West Ham), João Moutinho (Monaco), Manuel Fernandes (Lokomotiv), William Carvalho (Sporting)

Forwards - André Silva (Milan), Bernardo Silva (Manchester City), Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid), Gelson Martins (Sporting), Gonçalo Guedes (Valencia), Ricardo Quaresma (Besiktas)

Nelson Semedo and Ruben Neves out for Cedric, Adrien and Moutinho, the manager's darlings 😂

• The topic was pinned
1 hour ago, Machado said:

Goalkeepers - Anthony Lopes (Lyon), Beto (Goztepe), Rui Patrício (Sporting)

Defenders - Bruno Alves (Rangers), Cédric Soares (Southampton), José Fonte (Dalian Yifang), Mário Rui (Napoles), Pepe (Besiktas), Raphael Guerreiro (Borussia Dortmund), Ricardo Pereira (FC Porto), Rúben Dias (Benfica)

Midfielders - Adrien Silva (Leicester City), Bruno Fernandes (Sporting), João Mário (West Ham), João Moutinho (Monaco), Manuel Fernandes (Lokomotiv), William Carvalho (Sporting)

Forwards - André Silva (Milan), Bernardo Silva (Manchester City), Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid), Gelson Martins (Sporting), Gonçalo Guedes (Valencia), Ricardo Quaresma (Besiktas)

Nelson Semedo and Ruben Neves out for Cedric, Adrien and Moutinho, the manager's darlings 😂

Nelson Semedo still hasn't nailed down his first team place at Barça properly so I understand him not making the squad from that perspective. Although he would've made a great 'B' option in that position because of his dynamism.

I can't wait to see Guedes perform at the World Cup though.

• Administrator
On 15/05/2018 at 19:41, Stan said:

Loved watching Guedes for Valencia whenever I've seen them this season. Hope he performs this tournament. Portugal (and PSG) lucky to have him!

Just now, SirBalon said:

I can't wait to see Guedes perform at the World Cup though.

JOIN THE QUEUE MOFO

Archived