talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ryan Ledson Joins Preston

Preston have agreed a deal to sign midfielder Ryan Ledson from League One side Oxford United.

The 20-year-old England youth international will sign a three-year deal at the Championship club for an undisclosed fee.

Preston attempted to bring Ledson to the club in the January transfer window.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
On 17/05/2018 at 22:45, The Palace Fan said:

He was. He seems to be a part of an age group with Lundstram, Duffy etc who have had to take a step backwards to take two steps forwards.

You mean two steps backward to take one forwards? I know we're shite but I still wouldn't call Preston a step forward :D.

Anyway, I've been thinking recently how much is expected of players at such a young age these days. It took Leon Osman until he was 23 to break into the first team for us and he went on to be one of our best and most consistent players for a decade. People start muttering now if a player is 20 and he has a year on loan in the Championship then gets loaned out again the following season as if that means they'll never make it at a top side. If I was in charge of what to do with young players at Premier League clubs I'd be more careful about writing these young lads off.

7 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

You mean two steps backward to take one forwards? I know we're shite but I still wouldn't call Preston a step forward :D.

Anyway, I've been thinking recently how much is expected of players at such a young age these days. It took Leon Osman until he was 23 to break into the first team for us and he went on to be one of our best and most consistent players for a decade. People start muttering now if a player is 20 and he has a year on loan in the Championship then gets loaned out again the following season as if that means they'll never make it at a top side. If I was in charge of what to do with young players at Premier League clubs I'd be more careful about writing these young lads off.

Antonee Robinson. He's class - I would love him back on loan next year.

Archived