talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Justin Kluivert Signs for Roma

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My understanding of this is that he's annoyed that Ajax have offered him to teams across Europe, and therefore is not signing a new deal?

I imagine United, Tottenham, Chelsea, Arsenal, even possibly City are looking at him as an alternative forward to their main strikers with the view of him becoming the lead striker at some point. 

Whilst he would be a good addition at a Dortmund, or a Milan, or Athleti I really hope we see him over here.

2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

My understanding of this is that he's annoyed that Ajax have offered him to teams across Europe, and therefore is not signing a new deal?

I imagine United, Tottenham, Chelsea, Arsenal, even possibly City are looking at him as an alternative forward to their main strikers with the view of him becoming the lead striker at some point. 

Whilst he would be a good addition at a Dortmund, or a Milan, or Athleti I really hope we see him over here.

Overmars and van der sar said thats not true.  The problem is Ajax wanted to give him a new contract with a release clause.  Mino Raiola has just become Kluiverts agent and has got it into his head that Ajax only want to sign a new contract so they can get more money for him.   He is only 18 Ajax already have over 250 million in their accounts, due to the amount of talent coming through, they are not in a postion to spend but also they do not need to sell.  Kluivert needs to develop at Ajax he isnt ready to leave.  Raiola is cleary the problem and he has been in Dutch football, Kluivert really doesnt need the money as he has previous said due to his upbringing.  

Raiola claims that, while the winger is not looking to leave, that does not obligate him to sign a new contract.

The Italian told Quotenet: “All that is happening right now is that Justin has not renewed.

“That does not mean he wants to leave. No, Ajax just want him to renew so they can ask for money.”

Kluivert’s contract at Ajax expires at the end of next season, and Raiola insists that he has no plans to leave before then — which should be sufficient

That comment from his agent was pure bollocks, of course they want him to sign again if he's only got a year left. The only reason you're not signing is to gain a greater advantage in any potential sale, especially a signing on fee/agent fee.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

Good signing for Roma that.

Well its a risk, he only had 1 full season at Ajax ,  even his dad told him to stay at Ajax for a few more years but it was his agent that made it impossible for Kluivert to stay at Ajax,  Mino Raiola >:( 

Justin Kluivert is set to complete his move from Ajax to Roma on Tuesday.

The Dutchman, 19, has been linked with Manchester United in recent times after confirming his intention to leave Ajax this summer.

But he was pictured arriving in Rome on Monday night ahead of a proposed move to the Italian giants.

Kluivert made his debut for Ajax in January 2017 and made 30 appearances for the Eredivisie side this season as they finished second in the table.

The teenager will undergo a medical and complete his move to Roma, despite father and former striker Patrick urging him to stay at Ajax for another campaign.

• The title was changed to Justin Kluivert Signs for Roma
1 minute ago, Panna King said:

Kluivert has completed his medical

kbecgavex7jnewwc86yu

esfhzoqobritqziebw6d

dry7qmp3yssjzroytfar

Will he complete his father’s footsteps? Just listened to someone who said he’s got a personal attached scout for the duration of his Roma contract. 

13 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Will he complete his father’s footsteps? Just listened to someone who said he’s got a personal attached scout for the duration of his Roma contract. 

He probably won't come near his father now due to stupid choices, he hasn't achieved anything really with Ajax, Patrick already was scoring the in Champions League and made a name for himself with the final goal while at Ajax, he just made a silly move also when left to AC Milan like Justin is doing because of their agent and its the same man again Mino Raiola.   Justin is making a very bad decision as do  so many Dutch players go to Italy so young and it never works out.  The prime example recently is Ricardo Kishna who was a hot talent at Ajax then he teamed up with Mino Raiola and got a transfer to Lazio a few years ago, now he is at ADO Den Haag... its the same circle with others.  

Justin Kluivert's dream is to play for Barcelona so if he is good at Roma it can happen, also I could be wrong and he could be great for Roma but its very hard to see at this stage if he get the required game time to develop like he would've at Ajax. 

this is beneficial for both parties involved.      Justin is 80% assured of first team football in Roma and Roma has snatched a player with potential but has a surname that is very marketable.   If Roma would give Justin a lot of minutes, hopefully he will develop into something special, Roma can then sell him twice or even three times the amount they bought him for  :P  

16 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

this is beneficial for both parties involved.      Justin is 80% assured of first team football in Roma and Roma has snatched a player with potential but has a surname that is very marketable.   If Roma would give Justin a lot of minutes, hopefully he will develop into something special, Roma can then sell him twice or even three times the amount they bought him for  :P  

I won't say he has anywhere near that probability of starting games though. Perotti, Ünder,  El Shaarawy and him will all be competing for game time.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Great job by AS Roma.. the serie a is still not up there with the bundesliga but it's narrowing down the gap

The Bundesliga really showed it's quality in Europe last year... B|

Whilst I believe Ajax was a very good fit for his development given his relative lack of exposure to regular first team football in the grand scheme of things. It has to be said that he is joining a very good club in an exciting period. It would be great if this group could stick together for a long time and win domestic honours in Italy. Creating a model in the process that leads to a change of emphasis in Italy and a quicker tempo of football.

I'm quite surprised, given his reputation and potential marketability, that a lot of top Premier League sides didn't go for him as a third choice striker. Whilst first team football Ajax would have definitely been more beneficial than this circumstance, he could have been signed with the intention of being a leading striker in four to five years. Potentially saving these clubs the hassle and about fifty million looking for such a striker in the future.

9 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Whilst I believe Ajax was a very good fit for his development given his relative lack of exposure to regular first team football in the grand scheme of things. It has to be said that he is joining a very good club in an exciting period. It would be great if this group could stick together for a long time and win domestic honours in Italy. Creating a model in the process that leads to a change of emphasis in Italy and a quicker tempo of football.

I'm quite surprised, given his reputation and potential marketability, that a lot of top Premier League sides didn't go for him as a third choice striker. Whilst first team football Ajax would have definitely been more beneficial than this circumstance, he could have been signed with the intention of being a leading striker in four to five years. Potentially saving these clubs the hassle and about fifty million looking for such a striker in the future.

Because he Agent earns a fortune, to bring cheap talent to Italian teams from The Netherlands.  Mino Raiola is solely  to blame for the way things are with Ajax. 

He has been doing this for years and even more so with the bosman ruling as it works in Raiola favour for more money to himself, he tells players to run their contracts down so he can get them big moves and more money.   

Some of the deals he was involved in from players just with Ajax to Italian clubs

Bergkamp to Inter

Frank Rijkaard - Ac Milan

Wim Jonk - Inter

Kluivert - AC  Milan - Free

Seedorf - Sampdoria - Free

Bogarde - Ac Milan - Free

Edgar Davids - Ac Milan - Free

Michael Reiziger - Free

van der Meyde - Inter milan

Van der Sar - Juventus

Cristian Chivu - Roma

Grygera - Juventus