talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What's in a Username?

football forum

Basically, the stories behind the name. And why are they important? Or are they even important to you?

DeadLinesman was the pseudonym for my mate who is now official photographer for Brighton. I used to attend a lot of their away games in the late 90's and was at the time affectionally known as Shearer. My brother in law was the very original 'Northern Monkey' whilst other gems include BinMan Walton. 

I liked his name more so stole it when I signed up here. Thing is, I've grown very attached to it and can't bring myself to change it. A little sad maybe but it's been the same for so long now that I don't know any different.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, IgnisExcubitor said:

Romesh is more Bong (Bengali) than Gujarti. Ramesh would have been apt.

check the 'Your Mental Image of Other Members' thread xD 

I usually go with the name Libertadores FC on most forums now, but I wanted something different. Went with an old Adult Swim ad which included the Aqua Teen Hunger Force cast (Master Shake, Meatwad and Frylock) singing and dancing around to a samba. After researching, the name was La Samba De St Germain. Very catchy tune. I always dance to it even if I try not to.

And the ad

38 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

It's from a football anime I used to watch as a kid. I chose it when I started playing online games, and then on forums as well, and I just kept it. 

The same for me, except not a football anime. Spike is the name of the character from Cowboy Bebop. Also, for online games my username is a misreading of a Final Fantasy character's name.

The Cure are a rock band whose music I'm rather keen on, in particular their third, fourth and fifth albums from the early eighties. Their gloomy sound and unique playing style during this period was very influential to certain music scenes and although they don't have the same feel anymore I fully appreciate their initial ambience. Their name suited the feel I'm going for and doesn't come across as obnoxious, too pomp or anything people could scoff at.

It also means to make something healthy again. Can't question that.

1 minute ago, Cure said:

The Cure are a rock band whose music I'm rather keen on, in particular their second, third and fourth albums from the early eighties. Their gloomy sound and unique playing style during this period was very influential to certain music scenes and although they don't have the same feel anymore I fully appreciate their initial ambience. Their name suited the feel I'm going for and doesn't come across as obnoxious, too pomp or anything people could scoff at.

It also means to make something healthy again. Can't question that.

Anyone that doesn't know who the Cure are should check their head.

It's another name for Richard, when I was in school kids thought it would be funny to call me by that in a crude manner because ya know we were like 15-16, in college whenever people called me it I kinda just accepted it and thought if I put an 'ie" at the end it seemed a lot less harmless. It turned into one of those things where it you take the weapon away from the bully it's not fun for them anymore.

Archived