• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Serie A 2017/18 - 34^ Giornata [19/05 - 20/05]

Recommended Posts

Saturday 19th May, 2018
Juventus vs Hellas Verona, 14.00

Sunday 20th May, 2018
Genoa vs Torino, 14.00
Cagliari vs Atalanta
Chievo vs Benevento
AC Milan vs Fiorentina
Napoli vs Crotone
SPAL vs Sampdoria
Udinese vs Bologna
Lazio vs Inter Milan, 19.45
Sassuolo vs Roma, 19.45

all kick-offs 17.00 unless stated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lazio vs Inter the standout fixture - Ciro Immobile and Mauro Icardo going for the capocannoniere (top goalscorer).

Immobile on 29 goals; Icardi on 28.

Crotone need to do the unthinkable and beat Napoli and hope other results go their way to survive
SPAL, Cagliari, Udinese, Chievo all just need to match or better Crotone's result against Napoli and they'll be safe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm curious to see if Simone Inzaghi is gonna use de Vrij against us...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/05/2018 at 09:40, Stan said:

Saturday 19th May, 2018
Juventus vs Hellas Verona, 14.00

Sunday 20th May, 2018
Genoa vs Torino, 14.00
Cagliari vs Atalanta
Chievo vs Benevento
AC Milan vs Fiorentina
Napoli vs Crotone
SPAL vs Sampdoria
Udinese vs Bologna
Lazio vs Inter Milan, 19.45
Sampdoria vs Roma, 19.45

all kick-offs 17.00 unless stated

Tough task for Sampdoria having to play two games...:D Luckily Sassuolo will step up and play Roma instead.

A season-defining day for Lazio and Inter, and will be huge for their ambitions next season. Spaletti, in my opinion, has his job on the line in this match. Their collapse since mid-season has been woeful and it's not like they had any other competitions that they were seriously competing in. I fancy Lazio to hold their nerve and just do enough to ensure they will be in the Champions League next season.

Atalanta will also be secured of Europa League football again next season, a great reward for a fantastic club. They may not have produced stars, but they produced Serie A talent year after year and should be commended for it. A club that deserves to be admired for how they go about their business.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fiorentina are the epitome of 'On the beach already'. 5-1 down away at Milan and can barely string some passes together. Pioli has had his average season that he seems to have every year. Fiorentina need to bring in a coach with a higher potential than being alright but in the end not doing much. With Simeone and Chiesa they have two of the most exciting young players in Italian football, but the entire team is so unmemorable it hurts them. Could do a lot worse than making up with Vincenzo Montella and bringing him back to the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huge goal for Lazio! A massive deflection off of Perisic's face, but they all count equally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Inter have been second best throughout the first half hour, but have somehow grabbed the scrappiest of equalisers. Such a frenetic pace to this game, at some point it might calm down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Delightfully laidback finish from Felipe Anderson. Eases away from Inter defence and Lazio lead again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

Fiorentina are the epitome of 'On the beach already'. 5-1 down away at Milan and can barely string some passes together. Pioli has had his average season that he seems to have every year. Fiorentina need to bring in a coach with a higher potential than being alright but in the end not doing much. With Simeone and Chiesa they have two of the most exciting young players in Italian football, but the entire team is so unmemorable it hurts them. Could do a lot worse than making up with Vincenzo Montella and bringing him back to the club.

I agree with you, Fiorentina have made no progression for years.

Milan were much better than them, but Fiorentina gave up after Milan's 3rd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

De Vrij fouls Icardi, and then Icardi converts from the spot. A huge final 15 minutes remaining this season for both teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And now Lulic, the Lazio captain, is sent off. Madness has descended over Lazio now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

De Vrij fouls Icardi, and then Icardi converts from the spot. A huge final 15 minutes remaining this season for both teams.

i've not seen it but is there any coincidence that the man going to move to Inter gives them a penalty in his final game for the club he currently plays for xD ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Inter win and make the Champions League. Lazio, like in the Europa League, had their season collapse in less than 5 minutes.

What an end to an incredible Serie A season!

And what a commentator Peter Drury is!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Somewhere @Dalmore has collapsed in disbelief...

 

can't hear you right now, I'm listening to this song

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

What an end to an incredible Serie A season!

 

It would be FAR better if Napoli  won it but they bottled it.

anyway

I hope the Chineses make some good transfers this summer or we will get screwed in CHL that's for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement