talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Stoke Hire Gary Rowett Following Relegation

football forum

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stoke are close to finalising a deal with Derby County to bring in manager Gary Rowett. 

A Derby fan I was speaking too said there will be a lot of cloth cutting because of FFP next season so maybe he sees this as a way of jumping off a sinking ship.

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

Stoke are close to finalising a deal with Derby County to bring in manager Gary Rowett. 

A Derby fan I was speaking too said there will be a lot of cloth cutting because of FFP next season so maybe he sees this as a way of jumping off a sinking ship.

Interesting. Wonder if that means a few decent players going on the cheap.

I'm asking for too much aren't I?

Love him and always will. I'll always believe there is a manager in there somewhere. 6-7 years ago he left us and he's still living off it and hasn't done much since. I reckon he'll still get a shit championship job.

• Subscriber

Derby's spending in recent years without any success has been ridiculous. Other than Tom Ince and Will Hughes have they actually received any good money? They've spent loads of it and largely on mediocrity.

Couldn't believe the radio earlier listening to a Derby fan on there saying how he thinks it's good for Rowett to move to such a big club. Is he serious? I'd actually have Derby as a bigger club.

Rowett wants promotion. He knows he's not getting it at Derby. Can you really blame him?

Derby have blown it far too many times. You can't fuck up promotion as much as they have and not blame a manager for jumping ship.

There is something fundamentally wrong with the psychology of the club to capitulate like they do in the last three or four months of the season.

And it's going to need a mentally strong bloke to get them up.

4 hours ago, Dan said:

Derby's spending in recent years without any success has been ridiculous. Other than Tom Ince and Will Hughes have they actually received any good money? They've spent loads of it and largely on mediocrity.

Couldn't believe the radio earlier listening to a Derby fan on there saying how he thinks it's good for Rowett to move to such a big club. Is he serious? I'd actually have Derby as a bigger club.

But we have the money to actually spend, Derby already said they won't give money unless a number of players are sold to make it. You already know a number of Stoke players are being sold to generate money, we have the parachute payments, and a number of first teamers are committed to staying on. Much more is going our way than is going Derby's.

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, Dickie said:

But we have the money to actually spend, Derby already said they won't give money unless a number of players are sold to make it. You already know a number of Stoke players are being sold to generate money, we have the parachute payments, and a number of first teamers are committed to staying on. Much more is going our way than is going Derby's.

I do agree I was just very surprised to hear a Derby fan almost resigned to it on the basis of club size. I always thought they had quite a high opinion of themselves.

• The title was changed to Stoke Hire Gary Rowett Following Relegation

I think if they get the right players to commit and a few 'clever' Championship signings I could see Stoke rebounding straight back up unfortunately. I do think this is a very good appointment though, Rowett has done very well no matter where he has gone.

• 1 month later...

Archived