• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Tottenham's Keanan Bennetts Joins Borussia Monchengladbach

Recommended Posts

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44173033

Quote

 

Tottenham winger Keanan Bennetts is the latest young player to leave England, signing with Borussia Monchengladbach.

The 19-year-old has signed a four year deal, having failed to make a single senior appearance for Spurs.

He follows Jadon Sancho, Ademola Lookman and Reece Oxford who all played in the Bundesliga this season.

"We may see a little bit more of that because our players are as good as anybody in the world," England U21 boss Aidy Boothroyd told the BBC last year.

"If players get to a ceiling of development and think they can go and play more football somewhere else, it is good for them and should be part of their development.

 

Hope he does well there. Good to see English players braving Europe and making the step away. 

@Storts

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's also German and Nigerian just fyi.

Shame really with this - he's very promising and has been our best player at U23 level this year. Hopefully we have some sort of buyback in the deal if he progresses as he might

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Storts said:

He's also German and Nigerian just fyi.

Shame really with this - he's very promising and has been our best player at U23 level this year. Hopefully we have some sort of buyback in the deal if he progresses as he might

oops! 

he was mentioned in FourFourTwo's brightest youth prospects the other day. 

Any reason why Spurs would let him go if he's highly-rated?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stan said:

oops! 

he was mentioned in FourFourTwo's brightest youth prospects the other day. 

Any reason why Spurs would let him go if he's highly-rated?

Presumably there's no path for him to the first team right now - so we've agreed he can leave and it's a great opportunity for him.

A lot of people not happy though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Literally thought the end of the topic title was in Russian for a moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently there after Rhian Brewster, too. Which has pissed Liverpool off.

I think it's great that our young players are going overseas to continue their footballing education. I don't think it's any coincidence that Eric Dier was our best player at the euro's after he learned his trade away from the mess of this league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Apparently there after Rhian Brewster, too. Which has pissed Liverpool off.

I think it's great that our young players are going overseas to continue their footballing education. I don't think it's any coincidence that Eric Dier was our best player at the euro's after he learned his trade away from the mess of this league.

apparently Liverpool cancelled the friendly between themselves and Gladbach because of the way the German club have approached him xD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a shame that, because us and Gladbach have always had a mutual respect and good relationship between the clubs.

Hopefully we keep Brewster, would be daft not to give him another contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/05/2018 at 23:32, The Palace Fan said:

Apparently there after Rhian Brewster, too. Which has pissed Liverpool off.

I think it's great that our young players are going overseas to continue their footballing education. I don't think it's any coincidence that Eric Dier was our best player at the euro's after he learned his trade away from the mess of this league.

The more the merrier really, it's amazing Loftus-Cheek is now 22 years old and that's been his first full season of playing regular football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Danny said:

The more the merrier really, it's amazing Loftus-Cheek is now 22 years old and that's been his first full season of playing regular football.

Exactly. Chelsea and England's success at youth level is well documented but because the route to the first team in this country is so crap it's killing them. Go abroad, get a proper footballing education, and her one of these mugs to pay you a fortune and guarantee first team football.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement