talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham's Keanan Bennetts Joins Borussia Monchengladbach

• Administrator

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44173033

Tottenham winger Keanan Bennetts is the latest young player to leave England, signing with Borussia Monchengladbach.

The 19-year-old has signed a four year deal, having failed to make a single senior appearance for Spurs.

He follows Jadon Sancho, Ademola Lookman and Reece Oxford who all played in the Bundesliga this season.

"We may see a little bit more of that because our players are as good as anybody in the world," England U21 boss Aidy Boothroyd told the BBC last year.

"If players get to a ceiling of development and think they can go and play more football somewhere else, it is good for them and should be part of their development.

Hope he does well there. Good to see English players braving Europe and making the step away. 

@Storts

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

He's also German and Nigerian just fyi.

Shame really with this - he's very promising and has been our best player at U23 level this year. Hopefully we have some sort of buyback in the deal if he progresses as he might

• Administrator
Just now, Storts said:

He's also German and Nigerian just fyi.

Shame really with this - he's very promising and has been our best player at U23 level this year. Hopefully we have some sort of buyback in the deal if he progresses as he might

oops! 

he was mentioned in FourFourTwo's brightest youth prospects the other day. 

Any reason why Spurs would let him go if he's highly-rated?

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

oops! 

he was mentioned in FourFourTwo's brightest youth prospects the other day. 

Any reason why Spurs would let him go if he's highly-rated?

Presumably there's no path for him to the first team right now - so we've agreed he can leave and it's a great opportunity for him.

A lot of people not happy though

Apparently there after Rhian Brewster, too. Which has pissed Liverpool off.

I think it's great that our young players are going overseas to continue their footballing education. I don't think it's any coincidence that Eric Dier was our best player at the euro's after he learned his trade away from the mess of this league.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I think it's great that our young players are going overseas to continue their footballing education. I don't think it's any coincidence that Eric Dier was our best player at the euro's after he learned his trade away from the mess of this league.

apparently Liverpool cancelled the friendly between themselves and Gladbach because of the way the German club have approached him xD 

It's a shame that, because us and Gladbach have always had a mutual respect and good relationship between the clubs.

Hopefully we keep Brewster, would be daft not to give him another contract.

On 20/05/2018 at 23:32, The Palace Fan said:

The more the merrier really, it's amazing Loftus-Cheek is now 22 years old and that's been his first full season of playing regular football.

24 minutes ago, Danny said:

The more the merrier really, it's amazing Loftus-Cheek is now 22 years old and that's been his first full season of playing regular football.

Exactly. Chelsea and England's success at youth level is well documented but because the route to the first team in this country is so crap it's killing them. Go abroad, get a proper footballing education, and her one of these mugs to pay you a fortune and guarantee first team football.

Archived