talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Rank Your World Cup Teams

1 minute ago, Blue said:

That sounds like a classic Australia win and a classic Peru loss! xD

I'm confident we will beat the Aussies though. At least at the time of writing, anyways.

No chance in hell. Australians hate losing more than they like winning. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Blue said:

That sounds like a classic Australia win and a classic Peru loss! xD

I'm confident we will beat the Aussies though. At least at the time of writing, anyways.

Tell you what, you win, you upload a video eating a Hamster. OZ wins, Dannyboy eats a bucket of ashes and uploads it as well, everybody wins.

Just now, Dan said:

France do have a shocking tournament in their locker to be fair. They've got some super players but I don't think they'll win the whole thing.

I think Spain go well under the radar. They could win it.

To be honest, I don't see this France generation to be special compared to what they've had before. I don't see how these players are better than what they had in 1998 or 2006. I'm not saying its a bad team, insane depth and some great players and yes, its true they don't always play like a team. I wouldn't call this a "golden generation" though. Its just a normal moment for France. 

1 minute ago, Berserker said:

Tell you what, you win, you upload a video eating a Hamster. OZ wins, Dannyboy eats a bucket of ashes and uploads it as well, everybody wins.

I'm not in the Andes at the moment, but I have eaten Guinea Pig before in Huancayo and Cuzco. I would do it, but I'm gonna be spending the World Cup in Lima! :D 

I fully predict another incident like Franck Ribery being so insanely jealous of Yoan Gourcuff that he turns all the Muslim and African players against Gourcuff and makes the locker room a divided piece of shit.

13 minutes ago, Spike said:

The French are divas and have no balls, they'd walk into the match croissant in hand, and their wive's boyfriends watching, with a bucketful of arrogance as strong as Bordeaux wine. By all rights they should smash Australia 8-0 but the French are wankers. I expect worse from the Danes.

France crushed Aus 5-0 in a friendly where they only bothered playing for half the game. I know that was a long while ago but Australia hasn't improved since then. France has.

@Spike and Spain were shit until they hit their period of dominance. This is probably going to be Messi's last World Cup (potentially) where he will be Argentina's biggest threat. But it was also a rough list, I was mainly trying to list who was better than England 😂

Disagree about Croatia, I think we're largely similar and probably edge it on paper. Their midfield is obviously better than ours, Henderson and Dier nowhere near Modric and Rakitic...but in terms of goal scoring I think we edge it with Kane, Vardy, Alli, Sterling and Lingard and then defensively we have the better fullbacks and probably the better centre backs. But when they have the likes of Modric, Kovacic, Rakitic, Mandzukic, Perisic plus a very solid team behind that it's very close and could go either way. Them being better in every department is pure chatting shit 😂

2 hours ago, Spike said:

I fully predict another incident like Franck Ribery being so insanely jealous of Yoan Gourcuff that he turns all the Muslim and African players against Gourcuff and makes the locker room a divided piece of shit.

That was bizarre. Ribéry was driven nuts by the fact his wife found Gourcuff attractive and expressed her opinion about this fact. Well, that lead to some insane mess in that 2010 french squad. This was what the former doctor of the french NT, Jean-Pierre Paclet, said. He wasn´t the doctor of Les Bleus at the time, it´s a second hand account, but this makes sense, because it was right when the Zahia affair exploded. (Gossip time. xD) That doctor, by the way, gave an interesting interview about the abuse and addiction to painkillers and sleeping pills by footballers recently.

But Deschamps, as limited a tactician he is, is not Raymond Domenech. He has lots of experience and he won´t lose control of dressing room in such a way. 

1. France 

2. Germany

3. Spain

4. Brazil 

5. Argentina

Top five                          Bottom five

1- Germany                    32- Panama

2- Brazil                          31- Tunisia

3- France                       30- SaudiArabia

4- Spain                         29- Australia

5- Belgium                    28- South Korea

The Surprise                  The Usual

1- Poland                        1- Colombia

2- Peru                            2- Nigeria

3- Morocco                    3- Switzerland

4- Iran                             4- Japan

5- Serbia                        5- Uruguay

I'm going to base mine off squads firstly

1. Germany

2. Spain

3. France

4. Brazil

5. Portugal

6. Belgium

7. Argentina

8. England

9. Croatia

10. Uruguay

11. Colombia

12. Poland

13. Serbia

14. Switzerland

15. Denmark

16. Senegal

17. Mexico

18. Nigeria

19. Peru

20. Morocco

21. Costa Rica

22. Sweden

23. Australia

24. South Korea

25. Japan

26. Egypt

27. Iceland

28. Russia

29. Iran

30. Saudi Arabia

31. Tunisia

32. Panama

Now based on actual play, with a brief opinion

1. Germany - I've preached on about them, I think they will win the World Cup again. Did well to not stagnate and have yet another quality side.

2. Brazil - Some players arguably missed out, but still a very strong squad and they play some outrageous football at times. I'd have them as second favourites.

3. Spain - Playing really well. They still have that underachievement in them like they've historically had, but I think they'll put that doubt out the window as soon as the tournament starts.

4. France - Don't play like a team but with the depth and talent they have, they will go decently far in the tournament. That will be enough to grind out results.

5. Portugal - Get out of the group, and they will go far. Their primitive style works in a knockout stage. My only concern for them is that they may struggle against well drilled sides such as Iran and Morocco, and then there is Spain of course.

6. Argentina - They seem to never click, I think they'll do alright though. Just having Messi in the side is enough to get somewhat far. His influence on the pitch is massive.

7. Uruguay - They play in such a primitive manner, but Tabarez has actually called the right squad for once. I think because of that, they are one of the stronger teams in the tournament. Got a favourable group too.

8. Belgium - I'm not totally convinced by them under Martinez, but at the very least they are better than they were with Wilmots, and that side did well to grind results. 

9. Morocco - Very well drilled side and has some talents that can make it work, like Benatia for example. They play decently like a unit and I think if they got a better World Cup group, they could have gone further than I currently think they will.

10. Poland - Sometimes underwhelming, but I rate that squad highly. They have enough to grind results out especially with the forwards and midfielders they have.

11. Peru - I've said enough to be honest. On the pitch we are class.

12. Denmark - About even with Peru. Perhaps worse play but better players.

13. Senegal - With the players they have, even the kick and rush style can't fail them. 

14. Nigeria - Similar to Senegal, but better play and worse players. I actually don't rate their squad highly but they play a lot better than what they have.

15. England - Not going to pretend I know a whole lot about England compared to everyone else, but everytime I've seen them they were outrageously poor at least for the players they have. They are top 16 but I don't particularly rate them yet again.

16. Colombia - For me, the worst South American side in the tournament. They have good players, and arguably a more complete squad than in 2014, but they don't have a clue in what they want to play. They run around like headless chickens at times and they have even resorted to playing dull football due to so much experimenting. I still think they'll get past the groups but not much further.

17.  Costa Rica - I said the last World Cup success was a one-time freak thing, and I stand by that. They got an easier group compared to last time though and have around the same base, so I'm expecting at least a round of 16 for them.

18. Japan - Probably the best Asian side this time around. The 5 teams are kind of together in terms of quality but I think best general play is Japan.

19. Iceland - A limited team, but very well drilled. They have what it takes to get past their group.

20. Croatia - Great players, but little work ethic. I suspect another group exit for them.

21. Mexico - They can get past their group, but this is the worst Mexico team at a World Cup in ages. They have stagnated over the years and Osorio in practice is not a great manager. I think they are spirited with him, but not particularly great. Its a coin toss.

22. South Korea - They have the capability to underwhelm. Poor in qualifiers, but I feel they might click for the tournament. They have some fantastic forwards.

23. Sweden - Similar to Iceland, but not as well drilled.

24. Egypt - I don't think they will go too far, but they have Salah who is world class. The players from the Egyptian league can surprise too, as they are really not bad. 

25. Switzerland - Very overrated, but they at the very least will fight their group I reckon.

26. Australia - I don't think they are that bad, but they are inconsistent. Piss poor in qualifying and usually step up when it matters. Will be a tough team to play against, but I'm not expecting them to do miracles.

27. Iran - Well drilled side and don't concede too many, however they are THAT well drilled that they just don't attack sometimes. In the group they are in, they will probably do their best for 3 draws and I don't think they'll make it past their group.

28. Serbia - Good players, but not well drilled at all. They have no work ethic and benefitted from an easy qualifying group. I'm not expecting much from them.

29. Saudi Arabia - Lesser named players playing in the best league in the middle east, quick, fast and technical. Not gonna do miracles but they aren't the worst team in the world.

30. Russia - Just awful, and they didn't took Aleksei Miranchuk from what I've seen so I expect less of them now.

31. Tunisia - Probably the only team in this list I haven't seen, but they don't have great players and they are inexperienced so I don't think they'll do much.

32. Panama - I like Panama, but they are only here because the USA gifted them a spot. They are the worst team in the tournament on paper and on the pitch.

9 hours ago, Danny said:

@Spike and Spain were shit until they hit their period of dominance. This is probably going to be Messi's last World Cup (potentially) where he will be Argentina's biggest threat. But it was also a rough list, I was mainly trying to list who was better than England 😂

Disagree about Croatia, I think we're largely similar and probably edge it on paper. Their midfield is obviously better than ours, Henderson and Dier nowhere near Modric and Rakitic...but in terms of goal scoring I think we edge it with Kane, Vardy, Alli, Sterling and Lingard and then defensively we have the better fullbacks and probably the better centre backs. But when they have the likes of Modric, Kovacic, Rakitic, Mandzukic, Perisic plus a very solid team behind that it's very close and could go either way. Them being better in every department is pure chatting shit 😂

Spain had Luis Aragones, Vincente del Bosque, and Pep Guardiola changing domestic and international football from what it was to what it is now. It isn't like they were great overnight. Kane and Vardy I'll give you, Alli maybe but Lingard and Sterling are horrible finishers. You forgot Kalinic, he is also a solid targetman.

1st - Germany

2nd - Spain

3rd - Brazil

4th - Argentina

5th - Portugal

6th - France

7th - Belgium

8th - Croatia

9th - Colombia

10th - Uruguay

England will reach the last 16 and that's it. Colombia are better than them and Poland have enough quality to beat them as well.

5 hours ago, Spike said:

Spain had Luis Aragones, Vincente del Bosque, and Pep Guardiola changing domestic and international football from what it was to what it is now. It isn't like they were great overnight. Kane and Vardy I'll give you, Alli maybe but Lingard and Sterling are horrible finishers. You forgot Kalinic, he is also a solid targetman.

And Argentina have Messi, you saw the difference he makes in qualifying.

Sterling has scored 23 goals this season, not a bad record for someone who's finishing has never been great.

59 minutes ago, Danny said:

And Argentina have Messi, you saw the difference he makes in qualifying.

Sterling has scored 23 goals this season, not a bad record for someone who's finishing has never been great.

It's a team sport. Using your logic Argentina would have three cups, and two copas by now. Sterling has 23 goals for Man City, hardly the same thing as England. He hasn't scored a goal for England in over three years.

8 hours ago, Blue said:

I'm going to base mine off squads firstly

1. Germany

2. Spain

3. France

4. Brazil

5. Portugal

6. Belgium

7. Argentina

8. England

9. Croatia

10. Uruguay

11. Colombia

12. Poland

13. Serbia

14. Switzerland

15. Denmark

16. Senegal

17. Mexico

18. Nigeria

19. Peru

20. Morocco

21. Costa Rica

22. Sweden

23. Australia

24. South Korea

25. Japan

26. Egypt

27. Iceland

28. Russia

29. Iran

30. Saudi Arabia

31. Tunisia

32. Panama

I'll take that list on as mine too.  Argentina being anywhere near the top now is hilarious!  Only last month they lost 6-1 to Spain and even though friendlies have to be taken in a methodical manner, that scoreline tells a story.  Anyway... That would be my top 5 definitely.

• Administrator

1 - Germany
2 - Brazil
3 - Spain
4 - France
5 - Portugal
6 - Argentina
7 - England
8 - Belgium
9 - Croatia
10 - Colombia
11 - Poland 
12 - Uruguay
13 - Denmark
14 - Nigeria
15 - Serbia
16 - Mexico
17 - Peru
18 - Senegal
19 - Japan 
20 - South Korea
21 - Morocco
22 - Switzerland
23 - Sweden 
24 - Australia 
25 - Egypt 
26 - Costa Rica 
27 - Iran 
28 - Iceland 
29 - Russia 
30 - Saudi Arabia 
31 - Tunisia
32 - Panama

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

1 - Germany
2 - Brazil
3 - Spain
4 - France
5 - Portugal
6 - Argentina
7 - England
8 - Belgium
9 - Croatia
10 - Colombia
11 - Poland 
12 - Uruguay
13 - Denmark
14 - Nigeria
15 - Serbia
16 - Mexico
17 - Peru
18 - Senegal
19 - Japan 
20 - South Korea
21 - Morocco
22 - Switzerland
23 - Sweden 
24 - Australia 
25 - Egypt 
26 - Costa Rica 
27 - Iran 
28 - Iceland 
29 - Russia 
30 - Saudi Arabia 
31 - Tunisia
32 - Panama

First sensible person who puts Iran above Russia :congrats:

• Administrator
Just now, Blue said:

I think Stan's list is good too, although Croatia and Colombia are too high up. They are crap.

you had Croatia at the same place based on their squads?

Just now, Stan said:

you had Croatia at the same place based on their squads?

Well, it depends on what you were basing it off. They have an excellent squad but are terrible on the pitch.

• Administrator
Just now, Devon Von Devon said:

I don't get why Australia is being put higher than Egypt,Russia,Iran ? 

For me they and Saudis are on the same level

yeah I think I was perhaps harsh on Egypt there but any of the bottom 8 (apart from Tunisia/Panama) are all much of a muchness. Could mix them up a bit and there wouldn't be that much of a fuss.

Archived