talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Nabil Fekir - Signs for Real Betis

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.leparisien.fr/sports/football/coupe-du-monde/premiere-offre-de-liverpool-pour-fekir-30-05-2018-7744437.php

Says we've made our first official move for him & that he and his agent want his future away from Lyon sorted before the World Cup. If we go into the World Cup with our midfield starters for next season as Fabinho, Keita, and Fekir... that's a pretty substantial change to literally every area of a pitch that most Liverpool fans thought was one of our biggest weaknesses (the midfield).

Liverpool should be doing everything in their power to get this done before the World Cup. You can't risk it till after because Liverpool could easily get gazumped. If the player wants the move that badly, he will make the effort to get it done as the article suggests.

I haven't watched a lot of French football admittedly so don't feel like I can properly judge the player. I'm just keen to see what he can do in the next few weeks. If he has half as good a season as Payet did for West Ham then obviously Liverpool will have bagged a quality player.

On 28/05/2018 at 23:13, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

If we had won on Saturday would that be the case? I'm not so sure. 

Best off staying at Lyon if you need 'convinced' to move to Liverpool.

Christ almighty 😂

He's a footballer who with last season behind him and a decent World Cup will get a lot of offers from big clubs around Europe, you've not won a major competition in 12 years, all players take convincing unless Real Madrid or Barcelona come in for you.

We used to get criticised for simply being relieved at making top 4. Liverpool fans out here thinking they're entitled to being every player's dream after a couple of seasons of Champions League qualification in a row.

On 19/05/2018 at 09:44, LFCMike said:

He doesn't need to replace any of them. The lack of depth in those positions is there for all to see. As MadLad said I'm sure you could fit the four of them in some games too

This is what people don't seem to get on here, top teams need 2 decent keepers, 8 decent defenders, 8 decent mid's and 3 to 4 decent strikers to challenge on all fronts. when we bought Bernardo Silva people was saying he was replacing Sterling, Jesus was replacing Aguero etc etc  xD   ..it's a squad game, the more good players you have the better

9 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Liverpool should be expected to win the league next season with the amount of money they've spent recently.

I think City, United, Chelsea who will all spend heavily will have something to say about that!

4 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

This is what people don't seem to get on here, top teams need 2 decent keepers, 8 decent defenders, 8 decent mid's and 3 to 4 decent strikers to challenge on all fronts. when we bought Bernardo Silva people was saying he was replacing Sterling, Jesus was replacing Aguero etc etc  xD   ..it's a squad game, the more good players you have the better

Our depth up front this season was Ings and Solanke and now we may sign Fekir, some people expect us to win the league xD

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Our depth up front this season was Ings and Solanke and now we may sign Fekir we are expected to win the league xD

I think you should be our main rivals next season with maybe Chelsea  ...you are the best team we have faced this year for sure!

2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

I think you should be our main rivals next season with maybe Chelsea  ...you are the best team we have faced this year for sure!

Still a couple of holes in the squad for me. A world class goalkeeper and someone to rotate with Mane, Salah & Firmino and maybe we can have a good go at it. 

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Still a couple of holes in the squad for me. A world class goalkeeper and someone to rotate with Mane, Salah & Firmino and maybe we can have a good go at it. 

The transfer market has only just opened, you could fix that THIS summer :)

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

An era of Guardiola vs Klopp as the top two sides in the game would be pretty cool. 

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

I think City, United, Chelsea who will all spend heavily will have something to say about that!

Maybe but surely you're not spending so much just to compete for top 4. This is title challenge money you've spent the last 2 seasons.

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

It's not how much you spend, its how you spend it. 

Ambition and competence go hand in hand. And at the moment you and City are the pinnacle. 

8 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Maybe but surely you're not spending so much just to compete for top 4. This is title challenge money you've spent the last 2 seasons.

Yeah now that FSG have stabilized the club, expanded the stadium and upgraded the training facilities etc, I'm sure the recent investment in the squad is with the intent of mounting a title challenge and winning trophies.

The problem is City, United, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal all have similar ambitions of their own and overcoming all of those is going to be one mammoth task in itself. 

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Yeah now that FSG have stabilized the club, expanded the stadium and upgraded the training facilities etc, I'm sure the recent investment in the squad is with the intent of mounting a title challenge and winning trophies.

The problem is City, United, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal all have similar ambitions of their own and overcoming all of those is going to be one mammoth task in itself. 

These are our past signings for the past 3 seasons. 

Pato, Pedro, Amelia, Baba Rahman, Begovic, Kenedy, Falcao, Hector, Miazga, Nathan, Djiloboji, Pantic, Cuadrado, Kante, Luiz, Alonso, Batshuayi, Eduardo, Bakayoko, Zappacosta, Drinkwater, Rudiger, Morata, Caballero, Barkley

Bar Kante, Where in there exactly do you see ambition? 

14 minutes ago, Cicero said:

These are our past signings for the past 3 seasons. 

Pato, Pedro, Amelia, Baba Rahman, Begovic, Kenedy, Falcao, Hector, Miazga, Nathan, Djiloboji, Pantic, Cuadrado, Kante, Luiz, Alonso, Batshuayi, Eduardo, Bakayoko, Zappacosta, Drinkwater, Rudiger, Morata, Caballero, Barkley

Bar Kante, Where in there exactly do you see ambition? 

Poor spending doesn't equal lack of ambition, rather that your recent managers and scouts etc are getting it wrong. The money is still there. 

Didn't you lot spunk £65-£70m on Morata? See, that is showing ambition but money just being spent poorly by those charged with looking after transfers.

• The title was changed to Nabil Fekir - Liverpool Transfer Off?
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived