talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Nabil Fekir - Signs for Real Betis

5 minutes ago, 6666 said:

You're the first Liverpool fan acknowledging that you're now going up a level to compete for the title. Everyone else is on a "we're not ready yet, we don't have enough, no expectations please" campaign.

Liverpool are putting together a very good side with a lot of money and should be in the race next season. That's all I'm saying. I'm praising Liverpool.

This is the most serious Liverpool side since the season before Rafa's last. If we were challenging for it then, with a worse squad, I think it's reasonable to expect us to try to kick the fuck on (finally).

We should be in the race for the title next year. I don't know if we'll win it - because there's still the 2 Manchester clubs + who knows whether Chelsea will remove their heads from their arses and actually be good again. But there's no reason we shouldn't be in the title race now. With 3 central midfielders brought in, and all of whom we can reasonably expect to start - at least when they're all gelled with the rest of the side - we've given ourselves a stronger starting XI as well as massively improved our depth.

I think we still need a bit more attacking depth and a keeper, but on paper we're much improved already from just a few weeks ago (when everyone's healthy).

But I must say, this is a nice change from a few years ago where we were bidding for good players, but then not wanting to meet anyone's valuation. And then in come Chelsea or Tottenham to sign the players we wanted - very irritating. But being able to go sign our priority targets early in the summer is definitely something great to see us do.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 01/06/2018 at 03:46, Cicero said:

If a club wants to be ambitious, there needs to be competence with their signings. City were, were weren't. 

I would reword. 

If a club is ambitious, and wants to be successful there needs to be competence. 

5 hours ago, 6666 said:

You're the first Liverpool fan acknowledging that you're now going up a level to compete for the title. Everyone else is on a "we're not ready yet, we don't have enough, no expectations please" campaign.

Liverpool are putting together a very good side with a lot of money and should be in the race next season. That's all I'm saying. I'm praising Liverpool.

Instant success is not necessarily realistic though. Not sure how many teams have won a title changing more than 3 starting 11 players in the summer. 

8 hours ago, 6666 said:

Liverpool fans too scared to let go of their privileged "we're a big club that spend a lot but don't expect us to win anything" status. :coffee:

You've spent the title challenge money. If you don't win the title then your target wasn't achieved. You've failed. We say the same about Man Utd when they spend a lot and it should be the case for Liverpool as well.

I always have the highest expectations of those running the club. I've been critical more than most over our lack of silverware in the last decade. I'm realistic when analysing the squad though. We may have won more if we had a good goalkeeper, for example. If we're still going into next season with Karius as number one or Solanke and Ings as our alternatives to the front three we're probably not winning anything again. We're getting very close and I'll be disappointed if we don't go out and spend big money on a top keeper

• Administrator
9 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

We will have a totally different midfield next season. 

Fabinho, Kieta and Fekir behind Mane, Firmino and Salah....

Get ready xD

careful, I wouldn't jump the gun too much.

Everton fans had high hopes after their summer activity last summer and that didn't end up going so well. Don't get carried away!

With the money spent we simply HAVE to challenge for the title all the way. The squad has been improved tenfold so far (assuming the two or deal gets over the line) but we still need a top gk and an attacking player to be absolutely ready for the challenge. Our first team is excellent, the bench options leave a lot to be desired. 

29 minutes ago, Stan said:

careful, I wouldn't jump the gun too much.

Everton fans had high hopes after their summer activity last summer and that didn't end up going so well. Don't get carried away!

Yeah but it's Everton. They'll always be shit no matter how much money they spend

I can see Fekir being an alternative to Firmino in the striker role if he is ever unavailable as well. Another good signing, I think he could fit in a lot of positions in Klopp's team.

Liverpool should at least be looking to win something this year. All that's desperately required now for me is a Goalkeeper. No more excuses.

6 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Kinell. Can't even celebrate winning next season's title without bringing Everton into it.

I don't believe it was any of us who originally brought Everton in to it?

32 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I can see Fekir being an alternative to Firmino in the striker role if he is ever unavailable as well. Another good signing, I think he could fit in a lot of positions in Klopp's team.

Liverpool should at least be looking to win something this year. All that's desperately required now for me is a Goalkeeper. No more excuses.

I didn't realise he'd be able to fill in up top too. If so, even better

3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

No, but any mention of us is always met with the same copy/paste everton r shiiiiite pointless comments. 

Everton are certainly not pointless!!!

They are there for us to laugh at :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

No, but any mention of us is always met with the same copy/paste everton r shiiiiite pointless comments. 

Kudos on the sig. definitely the worst angle of it.

Definitely supports the concussion theory... :ay:

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

I don't believe it was any of us who originally brought Everton in to it?

I know, just being a dick (or a WUM or fishing if I'm allowed to use those words without people arguing that I was actually being serious and I'm hiding behind them because I now somehow look stupid).

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Don't flatter yourself. Absolutely pointless club

You're right. The world would be better off if Everton didn't exist because neither would Liverpool. 

• The title was changed to Nabil Fekir - Liverpool Complete Deal For Lyon Attacking Midfielder
  • Administrator

Liverpool fans have got that #FekirFriday feeling.

Negotiations for the 24-year-old Lyon playmaker have now finally come to a conclusion, and the star will move to Anfield on a five-year deal for around £53m.

Concerns over a complaint which arose during his medical were quickly dismissed following a second opinion, and the transfer has been wrapped up before Fekir heads off to Russia with the France squad for the World Cup.

He follows on from Fabinho as Liverpool's second signing of the summer, with Guinea midfielder Naby Keita also joining the squad now after signing from RB Leipzig last year.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/fekirfriday-liverpool-fans-delighted-reds-12668087

• The title was changed to Nabil Fekir - Liverpool Transfer Off?
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived