talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Nabil Fekir - Signs for Real Betis

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

You're not part of the obsessed bunch actually, can actually have a debate with you which splits you from the rest.

You don't debate with anyone xD you're one of the biggest WUMs on here and if people call you out on some of the shit you post you don't engage

I see him as practically Firmino 2.0, whether or not he'll be the same success only time will tell; but I'd be confident if I were a Liverpool fan. I would never classify him as a 'midfielder', either. Very much a forward in all departments, prefers to play through the middle. The team will have to need exceptional coverage if he is played with the front three, luckily Liverpool now have that with Keita and Fabinho. I'd be very worried about his injury problems and lack of pace though.

Hopefully for Liverpool Fekir and Firmino don't get in eachother's way, being a deep-forward 'n all. 

Sane ---------------------------Salah
-----------Fekir - Firmino

15 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

You don't debate with anyone xD you're one of the biggest WUMs on here and if people call you out on some of the shit you post you don't engage

I don't think that's fair on @Cannabis at all. Sure he is up for some WUMing every once in a while, but so am I so I don't think that's a big deal.

20 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

You're not part of the obsessed bunch actually, can actually have a debate with you which splits you from the rest.

Aren't we all obsessed in a way with each other because we're rivals so we go out of our way to get our digs in?

I imagine he will play just behind the front three. I feel a bit for Henderson and The Ox. They've both had good seasons but with the additions of Keita, Fabinho and Fekir they're going to struggle to get any sort of game time.

Really, anything other than the top two should be deemed a failure for Liverpool, regardless of how far they progress in other tournaments.

9 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I imagine he will play just behind the front three. I feel a bit for Henderson and The Ox. They've both had good seasons but with the additions of Keita, Fabinho and Fekir they're going to struggle to get any sort of game time.

Really, anything other than the top two should be deemed a failure for Liverpool, regardless of how far they progress in other tournaments.

Chamberlain is out until November anyway. He'll get plenty of game time when he's fit though as he can also cover out wide if needed. Henderson will still get plenty too, it's all about having strength in depth. I've been a big critic of his since he took the captaincy and have said I don't think he's good enough to be a guaranteed starter when he's fit but what an option to have in the squad.

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

Keep in mind Emre Can and Coutinho have left from the squad that started last season.  The ranks aren't swelling that much. Particularly when you consider fekir would most likely play in the attack than the midfield. 

• Subscriber

Deschamps has banned players from leaving the camp to attend to any kind of media business. I think that's good considering he and the players have to focus on the game at hand not their future. As Mike said, Monday is the best possibility now.

• Administrator

apparently the deal is now confirmed as off. Lyon tweeted something which was deleted straight away and the deal has collapsed following the medical...

• The title was changed to Nabil Fekir - Liverpool Transfer Off?

Liverpool probably wanted to stall the transfer during the medical, complain about something and try to lower the price. This pissed off Lyon, who just pulled out of the transfer altogether.

@Cannabis Typical, isn't it mate?

• Administrator

DfRMnq5XUAMpX73.jpg

Lyon informs that the  negotiations conducted with the Liverpool club and Nabil Fekir for the transfer of the captain of Lyon have not succeeded and that Lyon has decided to put an end to this negotiation tonight at 20.00

Although Liverpool was the priority of a possible transfer of Nabil, and subject to other proposals consistent with the interest of Nabil and Lyon and ambitious clubs. Lyon are delighted to be able to count on the presence of his captain who is a leading player this season 2018/19 during which the club will play in the Champions League at the 3rd stage. 

This was the statement released by Lyon but then deleted. 

9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If his knees fucked, it's probably for the best if it doesn't go through. Nobody wants to spend that kind of money on the next Sturridge.

I fecking said on the last page he has injury issues. Spike 1 - Liverpool 0.

Rumour is that Liverpool tried to lower the price, even though it was agreed, after "discovering" his knee issue (which shouldn't have been a surprise because of his major injury a few seasons ago). That's people just speculating though, no real hint of what the real reason is.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived