talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Nabil Fekir - Signs for Real Betis

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Danny said:

Doing the rounds on twitter but can't find a fee/journalist reporting it...

Who does he replace, Mane, Firminho or Salah?

He can rotate with any of them or play as the most advanced AM just behind them I'd assume. 

On the last game of the season Klopp reverted to his favoured formation 4 2 3 1. That would allow Mane, Fekir and Salah to all start behind Firmino  

17 minutes ago, Danny said:

He doesn't need to replace any of them. The lack of depth in those positions is there for all to see. As MadLad said I'm sure you could fit the four of them in some games too

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Danny said:

Coutinho.

13 minutes ago, Spike said:

I reckon he will be cover for Firmino throught the middle.

He can play anywhere across the front three and also as an attacking midfielder. No way are we spending £60m on cover.

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

He can play anywhere across the front three and also as an attacking midfielder. No way are we spending £60m on cover.

So Liverpool need depth, but not cover? BTW he isn't a winger, refuses to play out wide for Lyon.

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

So Liverpool need depth, but not cover? BTW he isn't a winger, refuses to play out wide for Lyon.

We don't play with wingers, our full backs provide the width. The front three basically drift and interchange positions. Firmino often comes deep allowing Salah and Mane to come central. 

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

We don't play with wingers, our full backs provide the width. The front three basically drift and interchange positions. Firmino often comes deep allowing Salah and Mane to come central. 

Yeah, but you said it yourself. They start wide and drift centrally, Fekir just wants to be central. Maybe he'd be more willing at Liverpool though. All I'm saying is that you're getting a player more like Firmino than the other two.

5 hours ago, Lucas said:

They need this type of quality regardless given they lose Salah, Mane and Keita to the African Nations at some point next season.

It's a summer tournament now.

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Lucas said:

They need this type of quality regardless given they lose Salah, Mane and Keita to the African Nations at some point next season.

6 hours ago, Cicero said:

It's in the summer now

7 minutes ago, Danny said:

It's a summer tournament now.

@Lucas it's a summer tournament now :91_thumbsup:

6 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

This has popped up on Sky again. Am I the only that thinks Liverpool don't need him and he could benefit staying put?

Lots of reliable Merseyside sports journos have said we're going to move for him after the final.

I haven't seen much of him at all, so I don't know if we need him or not. However if Klopp wants him as a high priority target - like Mane, Salah, VvD - then I want him too. All of the players he's prioritised have been massive signings to us that have made a real impact, he's done enough to where I trust him.

I'm sure he could stick around at Lyon and remain great. His stats from the season are fantastic and Ligue 1 having sides that can beat PSG would be nice for the French fans. But if Klopp wants him, I want him.

11 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

This has popped up on Sky again. Am I the only that thinks Liverpool don't need him and he could benefit staying put?

We certainly need someone in that sort of position. Like Dr Gonzo though I've not seen much of him

• The title was changed to Nabil Fekir - Liverpool Transfer Off?
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived