talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Nabil Fekir - Signs for Real Betis

• Subscriber

Lyon are notoriously hard to buy from.

It might be a blessing if his knees are fucked. You'd do well to get much out of him playing Klopp's football if he's injury prone.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, 6666 said:

Rumour is that Liverpool tried to lower the price, even though it was agreed, after "discovering" his knee issue (which shouldn't have been a surprise because of his major injury a few seasons ago). That's people just speculating though, no real hint of what the real reason is.

My guess is that we cooled significantly when we looked at the knee and Lyon put a deadline to hurry us up and then have backed it up with the pull out statement when we didn't play to their terms. 

Am hearing it confirmed that we didn't try to negotiate the fee down in any way or change any terms of the deal 

2 hours ago, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

Watch him have a great world cup and cost us another 20m

If he's got a glass knee, I doubt we do anything other than offer less, or the same amount restructured based on more appearances.

35 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If he's got a glass knee, I doubt we do anything other than offer less, or the same amount restructured based on more appearances.

You should stay well clear if that's the case!  Why would you want that problem for a coach in having to pick and choose games for a player that's meant to arrive to add that quality needed to win the biggest games?

whereas there are very few high end defensive midfielders.... The same can't be said for that other area of midfield where creativity is required. In that area there are quite a number and you can just go for another.

42 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

You should stay well clear if that's the case!  Why would you want that problem for a coach in having to pick and choose games for a player that's meant to arrive to add that quality needed to win the biggest games?

whereas there are very few high end defensive midfielders.... The same can't be said for that other area of midfield where creativity is required. In that area there are quite a number and you can just go for another.

Creative midfielders are a dime a dozen. But good ones are more rare.

18 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Michael Edwards should get you on our scouting staff lad.

Joe Allen back to the club mate. High energy, and from a relegation team. Perfect cover for the midfield. 

• Subscriber
45 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think we'll just go blow £50m on Siguurdson or something stupid like that now.

Never heard of a Siguurdson but seeing as Ward-Prowse auto corrects to Ward-process on my phone he'll probably go to a bigger club that plays in red than you lot anyway :ph34r:.

"Just because Liverpool won a few trophies in 1970 something, they think they can bully clubs like ours. Nabil Fekir can rot in the reserves if he wishes to betray us like this. Why go to a smaller club anyway?" - Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas

:ph34r:

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, Asura said:

"Just because Liverpool won a few trophies in 1970 something, they think they can bully clubs like ours. Nabil Fekir can rot in the reserves if he wishes to betray us like this. Why go to a smaller club anyway?" - Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas

:ph34r:

Like he even has the stones to bench someone like that.

3 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Like he even has the stones to bench someone like that.

hahaha not sure if he actually said that. Saw someone post that on Facebook and that made me laugh. Would be brutally savage if he really said that  xD

• Subscriber
Just now, Asura said:

hahaha not sure if he actually said that. Saw someone post that on Facebook and that made me laugh. Would be brutally savage if he really said that  xD

I'd imagine its a bit fabricated because in all honestly they probably don't want a player who doesn't want to be there staying on their wage bill. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived