talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leon Bailey - Wanted Elsewhere

football forum

• Subscriber

Sources have informed ESPN’s Raphael Honigstein that Bayern Munich have made a bid of €60 million for Bayer Leverkusen’s star forward Leon Bailey. Such a bid would break Bayern’s record signing—€41.5 million for Corentin Tolisso—by tens of millions.

Bailey had an electric season in the Bundesliga, garnering the attention of top clubs worldwide. He scored 12 goals and assisted a further 6 for Leverkusen in the Bundesliga and DFB-Pokal, establishing himself as one of the most exciting youth talents in the Bundesliga at the age of 20.

Bailey plays predominantly on the left wing, where both Kingsley Coman and Serge Gnabry play, but Coman has played on the right wing in the past. As Arjen Robben and Franck Riberytransition to supporting roles, there may be less of a logjam on the wings than appears at first sight should Bayern add a winger.

Although Bayern's offer of €60 million should be viewed as serious, it may be merely an opening bid. Leverkusen reportedly hope to sell Bailey for a price closer to €100 million. Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has stated recently that the club would entertain the idea of signing a star for €80-€100 million, but it remains to be seen whether the front office and the supervisory board would approve such an amount for Bailey.

Two factors play in Bayern's favor: Bayern is the only club that has thus far made an offer, and Bailey reportedly favors a move to Munich over a move to Madrid, should Real Madrid enter the bidding.

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2018/5/18/17370174/bayern-munich-bid-bayern-leverkusen-leon-bailey-transfer-real-madrid

This is mental.

• The title was changed to Leon Bailey - Bayern Bid £60m for Leverkusen Midfielder
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Bayer Leverkusen winger Leon Bailey has revealed there is "concrete interest" from clubs trying to sign him this summer.

Reports have linked the 20-year-old with the likes of Chelsea and Roma, but the Jamaican insists he is focused only on his football.

"There's concrete interest," he told Kicker.

“"What I can say is that my full focus is on developing myself as a young player, and that's what I'll focus on. If a club wants me, my management and Bayer 04 will take care of it."

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived