talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matthijs de Ligt - Juventus Complete Signing of Dutch Defender

10 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Did anyone that was serious ever doubted the real process. Tuanzabe, timmy, dalot, awb, chong, Gomes, martial, rashford, James, Pereira, and Greenwood. Its gonna take longer than expected due to Woodward's poor signings but those young boys are capable of reaching the level of Robertson and TAA(although overhyped)  If given the proper opportunities, I think reaching those cunts would be an early checkpoint, reaching the level of class of 92 is more of a real challenge. 

That team looks capable of battling for Europa let alone replicate anything the class of 92 achieved. 

When was the last time United went a third straight season with no silverware? 

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Teso dos Bichos said:

Robertson is not overhyped, TAA defensively is a big liability. AWB is a much better defender overall and just as good if not better going forward. Those two are just a small checkpoint until they end the 3 decade drought. 

Just as good, if not better than TAA who broke the CL assist record. :clown:

• Administrator

AWB better than TAA going forward xDxDxD 

Wow. It's mad because you actually believe that and aren't joking.

TAA has 12 Premier League assists for last season. Literally only 3 behind Hazard and 2 behind Fraser. Then there's no-one else because TAA is 3rd in the list xD

Wan-Bissaka is a strong 73rd in the assists lists for last season out of everyone. 3 assists.

image.png

Defenders only:

image.png

Just some visual aids here to help :) 

• Subscriber

I don't know where to start with addressing all of the things Teso has claimed in this thread. It's also getting late, so I think I'll just support any counter arguments in advance and otherwise sit this one out.

So, in a league like Serie ‘A’ where there are no obligatory buy-put clauses like in Spain’s La Liga, it has come to light that Matthijs de Ligt has had one of those officially put in place within his Juventus contract.

The price for a forced departure if de Ligt is in agreement without negotiations required with Juventus is €150m.

Paris Saint-Germain’s technical director for sport, Leonardo Araujo said at the time of almost finalising the deal for de Ligt to ply his trade in the French capital that;

“It’s all broken down because we can’t have someone that while negotiating their arrival is already negotiating their departure at the same time!”

It seems that Juventus’ hunger for Champions League success is as if not more desperate than PSG’s which is some achievement. Both clubs have in common that they can both win their respective leagues at half-gas on the pedal it seems and the objective is only one but Paris Saint-Germain aren’t in the habit of offering free freedom scopes.

€150m is an important figure but a doable one for some of Europe’s top clubs and we only need to go to Spain’s big two to analyse the situation and how clever both de Ligt and Raiola have been in negotiations. As we all know, de Ligt’s dream move was to Barça and it was all done months back with both Ajax and the player happy at the time. The offer was identical in every way from transfer fee to personal terms and conditions. Due to how Matthijs finished the season his agent (Raiola) wanted to cash in for both and then a queue of clubs came calling by doubling personal terms by comparison to what Barcelona had offered. Raiola went to Barcelona and demanded the same wages as Piqué and his commissions also to be met, this for a player yet to prove himself and only 19 years of age. Barça weren’t willing to play that game and eliminated themselves from the ensuing auction.

Manchester United had a go and met every financial demand but the player didn’t want to go there while Juventus offered everything the player wanted and were willing to deliver on the back-door departure.

So... We have two vultures waiting for the not too distant future. Real Madrid and the question on when Sergio Ramos calls it a day and the same regarding Piqué at Barcelona with the added recognition of possible evolution and proof at Juve from de Ligt’s part that he indeed deserves an established star’s terms and conditions.

Juve undervaluing themselves?

Or maybe just chasing that Champions League Elysium which proves their very heavy investment in players over the past three years. 

• Subscriber

Like I said somewhere else. I hope Juve come close to nothing in the next 5 years just so that we can watch this 'dream' team achieve what its supposed to ... nothing. I can see them having a very comfortable group stage and then get to a quarters/semis only to find the Exit door hit them on the rear-side. Sarri is a great coach but a CL winning one? I don't know if that's something he'll achieve in year one and with the way their fans operate I can see him getting a lot of stick for it as well. The only upside is the fans will be happy that the club is heavily investing and showing some promise of superior silverware.

I also hope someone else in Serie A comes up and does one on them as well but I think them not winning the CL is a far more realistic outcome than not being champions again. Serie A needs a new champion because its high-time another Italian club takes it off Juventus. They'll have gone a decade with no competition if they win it next.

• Administrator

Deal complete.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49029025

Italian champions Juventus have completed the £67.5m signing of 19-year-old Dutch international defender Matthijs de Ligt from Ajax.

De Ligt, who had also been linked with Manchester United, Barcelona and Paris-St Germain, has signed a five-year contract with the Serie A side.

Juventus said the fee was "payable in five financial years" with "additional costs of 10.5m euros (£9m)".

De Ligt helped Ajax to the Champions League semi-finals last season.

He made his debut for the Amsterdam club in 2016 and became their youngest captain in March 2018.

De Ligt scored eight goals in 77 league appearances, winning the Dutch domestic league and cup double last season, as well as reaching a Europa League final in 2017.

He scored the winning goal against Juve to send Ajax through to the Champions League semi-finals last season, where they lost to Tottenham.

The defender made his debut for the Netherlands in March 2017, having started only two league games for Ajax at the time.

_107924512_ajax_tweet.jpg

• The title was changed to Matthijs de Ligt - Juventus Complete Signing of Dutch Defender
27 minutes ago, Panna King said:

The only truth is that Raiola made a lot of money again.  

Without a doubt that’s a given with him. But every move that happened with the de Ligt signing is very well documented due to the fact he made agreements with three separate clubs and they all leaked the info. It was a crazy saga full of a hell of a lot of greed and control. The only understandable part from de Ligt’s perspective that’s respectable in his final choice was wanting to go somewhere where he would play as much as possible. Everything else isn’t nice at all mate. 

Click on the link, the short video is in English where de Jong (new Barcelona signing) says why de Ligt signed for Juventus. One of the reasons stands out and it’s the first time I’ve personally ever heard such a thing.

https://www.sport.es/es/videos/barca/20190720/la-sincera-opinion-de-de-jong-sobre-la-decision-de-de-ligt-de-fichar-por-la-juve/4656197.shtml

Archived