talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matthijs de Ligt - Juventus Complete Signing of Dutch Defender

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

He should stay at Ajax even before Barcelona and so should de Jong have done the same. Their last two to three years showed they were literally small details away from constantly competing for everything. This is why I say football (real football) is dead now. Ajax want to sell unfortunately!

I dont think Ajax want to sell but in the past they have been forced to survive. Now Ajax are a very rich club with cash reserves of nearly 300 million, money that they do not really need to spend on to buy players.  Ajax are now able to hold out and get huge amounts of money for their players like the bigger leagues, They probably could of got another 20 million for de Jong if that deal was not agreed so early, Overmars is doing a fantastic job with Ajax and has become one of the best technical directors in football.  Its the players that want to leave and play in a better standard league, even though Ajax are as a good as a top Spanish or English club etc the competition overall isn't tough plus Ajax now is seen more of a footballing education before the next step due to the wages difference. Ajax will survive anyway this time round, they have so many other young talented players coming through.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Panna King said:

de Ligt has signed for Juventus.  I said it at the start that he will join Juventus because of his agent, he has connections with the club from transfers Ajax to Juventus.   

Juve upped the stakes last night. It’s not official yet but it’s looking likely. This is a normal move and one that will improve de Ligt. Would’ve rather have seen him at Barça from a selfish pov but there is hope he can one day move there now. PSG was ALL wrong and nothing right in it.

28 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Juve upped the stakes last night. It’s not official yet but it’s looking likely. This is a normal move and one that will improve de Ligt. Would’ve rather have seen him at Barça from a selfish pov but there is hope he can one day move there now. PSG was ALL wrong and nothing right in it.

PSG were getting played like they did in The de Jong deal,  I do not think intelligent people who want to succeed in footballer would ever go to PSG unless they were at the end of their career.  

• Subscriber

523945924_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.a2da5a6a8bee1b824e8b446e1f8788e9.png

It Appears The Matthijs De Ligt Transfer Saga Is Over In Bargain £62 Million Deal

Jack Kenmare in FOOTBALL

It has been a long time coming but after months of speculations, it looks like the Matthijs de Ligt transfer saga is finally over.

The Ajax defender has been linked with a number of clubs in recent months, including Barcelona, Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester United, but it appears Juventus have won the race to sign the 19-year-old.

According to Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf, de Ligt is close to joining the Italian champions for €70m.

It is believed that a contract worth €20m per year is on the table, which would make him the second highest paid player in Serie A behind Cristiano Ronaldo.

It also must be noted that his agent, Mino Raiola, has strong connections with Juventus, and has played a big part in previous deals involving the Turin-based club.

On the subject of Ronaldo, he might have been the ultimate opportunist after trying to convince de Ligt to move to Juventus over Barcelona earlier this month. 

The Portuguese superstar decided to have a cheeky word with De Ligt after Portugal's 1-0 win over the Netherlands in the Nations League final.

When the 19-year-old Dutch centre-back was asked if he would be Ronaldo's teammate at the Old Lady, he told NOS Sport via GOAL:

"That could be true, yes," he said.

"I didn't understand him at first. I was a little shocked, so I laughed, but I didn't say anything.

"Shortly after the game, you are not at all concerned with it, you are disappointed you have lost and that is the only thing you are thinking about."

https://www.sportbible.com/football/reactions-news-transfers-the-matthis-de-ligt-transfer-saga-is-finally-over-20190622?source=facebook?source=twitter

1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

523945924_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.a2da5a6a8bee1b824e8b446e1f8788e9.png

It Appears The Matthijs De Ligt Transfer Saga Is Over In Bargain £62 Million Deal

Jack Kenmare in FOOTBALL

It has been a long time coming but after months of speculations, it looks like the Matthijs de Ligt transfer saga is finally over.

The Ajax defender has been linked with a number of clubs in recent months, including Barcelona, Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester United, but it appears Juventus have won the race to sign the 19-year-old.

According to Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf, de Ligt is close to joining the Italian champions for €70m.

It is believed that a contract worth €20m per year is on the table, which would make him the second highest paid player in Serie A behind Cristiano Ronaldo.

It also must be noted that his agent, Mino Raiola, has strong connections with Juventus, and has played a big part in previous deals involving the Turin-based club.

On the subject of Ronaldo, he might have been the ultimate opportunist after trying to convince de Ligt to move to Juventus over Barcelona earlier this month. 

The Portuguese superstar decided to have a cheeky word with De Ligt after Portugal's 1-0 win over the Netherlands in the Nations League final.

When the 19-year-old Dutch centre-back was asked if he would be Ronaldo's teammate at the Old Lady, he told NOS Sport via GOAL:

"That could be true, yes," he said.

"I didn't understand him at first. I was a little shocked, so I laughed, but I didn't say anything.

"Shortly after the game, you are not at all concerned with it, you are disappointed you have lost and that is the only thing you are thinking about."

https://www.sportbible.com/football/reactions-news-transfers-the-matthis-de-ligt-transfer-saga-is-finally-over-20190622?source=facebook?source=twitter

Was Raiola who got the deal done, no one else.

8 hours ago, Cicero said:

Yeah it was Ronaldo. Couldn’t of been Juve would pay him the most 

Always out to refute or challenge every aspect of ronaldos greatness aren't you?

Messi fanboys are so insecure 🙄

On 18/06/2019 at 17:38, The Rebel CRS said:

To be fair, in this case, I would say it was her own fault. People who just walk around looking at their phone and don't pay attention to what's in front of them piss me off even more xD. The amount of people who have just walked into me due to this is unreal.

In terms of cyclists, it's sometimes my own fault as I have a habit of walking down the bike lanes since they look like pavements there. In those cases, I hold my hands up and accept it was my fault, although at night time the fuckas come out of nowhere and don't even have any lights on.

Interesting turn of events in this case... Turns out that the total cost to the cyclist spiraled to over £100,000 in the end and that included covering her costs, his costs and compensation which quite frankly is fucking outrageous... how the fuck can anybody justify such a sum...  Given that he was where he was supposed to be and she was stepping out paying no attention whatsoever I find absolutely ridiculous.. has everybody lost their minds??? 

On the good news front for the cyclist it turns out that over £47,000 has so far been raised after people read about the outcome.. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7172251/Well-wishers-raise-45-000-cyclist-ordered-pay-yoga-teacher-100-000.html

• Subscriber

Good move for De Ligt and a far better one considering the shit-storm thats brewing where he would have probably gone. I don't think they'll necessarily win a Champions League title but he's going to learn from some of the best defenders in the business and that is never going to be bad for his career.

On 24/06/2019 at 16:34, Mel81x said:

Good move for De Ligt and a far better one considering the shit-storm thats brewing where he would have probably gone. I don't think they'll necessarily win a Champions League title but he's going to learn from some of the best defenders in the business and that is never going to be bad for his career.

They should be a definite chance of honours next year imo. I think they're throwing a lot at trying to break that cl drought. Can't say I'd be sorry to see an Italian team lift the trophy tbh. I get sentimental about the heyday of Italian football. Even from the mid 2000's when Milan were so awesome

img_jmgfuente_20190329-094930_imagenes_m

"The way de Ligt has conducted himself makes me want to vomit"

Former France International Christophe Dugarry who played for Girondins de Bordeaux, AC Milan, Barcelona and Olympique Marseille delivered a brutal viscous attack on young Dutch International Matthijs de Ligt when running through the exclusive information he has on how the transfer saga unwound. Dugarry now works as a pundit for RMC Sport and he doesn't pull any punches when he has to give an opinion. Here is the transcript on his version of how the whole transfer saga occurred from the first moment to the final decision...

"I'm the personal source of information that leaked de Ligt had accepted terms with Juventus. I am the one that's been in constant contact with two journalists, one in the Netherlands and one in Rome to inform them on how this was being untangled."

"Now you tell me what this kid is thinking about? He is only 19 years old, what difference in life will 12, 13, 14 or 15 million give you at 19 when you're yet to establish your football career right at the top end of the game... What difference does 50 meteres square more make to your life at 19 or maybe even 10 metres more on a yacht?"

"If this whole process in which he has let his agent conduct has been soley about squeezing the last cent from any possible deal, then he maybe he should leave the sport because it makes me feel like vomiting!"

"He is an excellent footballer when we consider his age, he's very good. But if this is his mentality, then he won't last long."

"When Barça made contact with him last year, he was dying to move there and from what I've understood, he was willing to make the move that very summer but Barcelona weren't ready to guarantee him playing time then so they told him to wait another season. When he spoke to them again this year, he agreed the same deal as his friend and colleague Frenkie de Jong and as far as all parties were concerned including Ajax, it was all done."

"De Ligt finished the season strongly and Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool, Juventus and Paris Saint-Germain came calling with the club from Paris doubling what Barcelona had promised on personal terms. Nobody contacted Barcelona to say his mind was now not made up like before and it was someone from within PSG that got in contact with Barça to inform them to start making different plans unless they wanted to join in what would become a bidding war. Barça straight away made their minds clear to the player and told him that they would not move one single centimetre from the agreement they'd both made 5 months earlier."

"From what I understand, de Ligt didn't even contact Barcelona again until last Saturday while pushing and pulling from all quarters instigated by de Ligt and his entourage was going on."

"Why do I look so furious talking about this?"

"This kid came to an informal agreement with three different clubs in the space of 1 month and in the case of Juventus, he agreed two different terms twice in 3 weeks!"

"PSG were on the verge of finalising the deal and hours away from publicly announcing the transfer of de Ligt from Ajax to Paris Saint-Germain when they recieved a phone-call from the player's agent stating that a new clause had to be inserted before signing that day. The clause would be that Matthijs could leave PSG at any moment if certain clubs came in for him and that PSG could do nothing to stop it other than to charge a fair price of transfer in relation to the player's fair value. In other words, de Ligt was aware of how difficult it is to leave PSG if they want you from past public transfer talk over the years."

"Everyone knows PSG aren't a club I have any affection for but in this I congratulate both the president of PSG and Leonardo who apparently told de Ligt himself this;"

"You haven't even started your time at PSG and you're already negotiating your departure?"

"This is when last Saturday de Ligt got in contact with Gerard Piqué who was also holidaying in the Bahamas and asked if he had any information on the situation at Barça regarding any change of heart from the club and their offer. Gerard got together with him and contact was made with the club where they informed Matthijs that nothing had changed, that they'd offered him a fair deal they'd both agreed on, that both he and Barcelona knew that his wish was to play for the club and that any other financial package would only be negotiated once he had proven his worth at the club in the future, the same as everyone else. They even told him that Coutinho who had arrived a year previous had come to the club earning less than at his previous club. So, if he didn't know where he wanted to play and that if it was all motivated by a terms auction, that the club had always been clear that they'd never do that for anyone as Neymar had found out 2 years ago."

"Just to say, Juve have offered Matthijs and his agent everything they've asked for and that's why he will be playing for Juventus in Serie 'A'"

"How I have managed to tell you all this without vomiting deserves me of an extra bonus" 

• The title was changed to Matthijs de Ligt - Juventus Complete Signing of Dutch Defender

Archived