talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matthijs de Ligt - Juventus Complete Signing of Dutch Defender

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

City should definitely be all over it. Laporte is good but Stones and Otamendi (and Maguire) aren't in the same league as De Ligt and he could be their first choice centre back for a decade or more.

He isn't staying anywhere for a decade. With Riaola as an agent  he will be pushing for a move in another three years. 

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to say I'm feeling sorry for the player now in this. 

Amazing that he can appear to be a relative bystander now in the way this will play out to the point he would end up at PSG despite it clearly being a shit outcome. Ajax seem to be the only party involved trying to prevent this happening which says a lot of good stuff about them personally. But it says a lot negative about Raiola. In the pecking order of importance his commission seems to be the overriding priority in all this which is fucking unfathomable if you ask me.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Harry said:

Have to say I'm feeling sorry for the player now in this. 

Amazing that he can appear to be a relative bystander now in the way this will play out to the point he would end up at PSG despite it clearly being a shit outcome. Ajax seem to be the only party involved trying to prevent this happening which says a lot of good stuff about them personally. But it says a lot negative about Raiola. In the pecking order of importance his commission seems to be the overriding priority in all this which is fucking unfathomable if you ask me.

He's been that way from a long time ago and has always been the one poaching talent from Dutch football and shipping them to clubs of his choice. I don't feel sorry for the players anymore. They have access to information about this guy and they still deal with him so its only natural you'll eventually get bitten. Ajax should do something about it but they won't or cant, I dont really understand the issue there. 

All this has now done is open the door for other clubs to get this guy's services and I hope someone does it and puts an end to the transfer saga. 

The Matthijs de Ligt transfer saga gets more controversial as each day goes by and this latest news if true is the craziest and most repulsive of them all. I can't believe for a second de Ligt would let his agent execute such a move.

The latest news is that Matthijs de Ligt's agent, Mino Raiola is contemplating taking legal action against his client's current club AFC Ajax for apparently going back on their word. What this is in reference to is an apparent agreement that was signed in a seperate clause to his official KNVB contract which apparently states that if any club comes in with an offer anywhere in the region between €45m to €50m, Ajax would have to honour it.

Ajax say this was done at a stage which was completely different to the situation that is currently being negotiated since 3 months back with various offers they have recieved from UEFA affiliated clubs. Ajax also accuse Raiola of playing the same card with his client in terms of forcing de Ligt to go back on a verbal agreement with an unnamed club due to the reasoning being that his client's status has risen in recent months.

Mino Raiola is trying to force the hand of Ajax for the execution of the Juventus offer which continues to stand at €57m and who have refused to budge due to how much they have to pay de Ligt's agent which they consider as part of any deal.

Matthijs de Ligt is officially expected back for pre-season training which starts today for the Ajax squad due to no agreement being made with any club for the transfer of their player.

The saga continues and gets hotter!

De Ligt is going to come out of this with his Ajax relationship in tatters.

How much of a difference one agent makes if you compare this Saga to that of frenkie de Jong. Moved to his preferred club. Good price. Good deal. Everyone happy.

Enter Raiola to the mirror image situation and it all goes to shit

On 05/07/2019 at 11:07, Rick said:

I'm actually shocked. Even if you pay 85m for him with that fat cunts fee, it's still about the same as what Maguire will cost you and he's not even in the same universe as this lad in terms of quality and potential. 

If Utd & City were smart, they'd be hijacking this deal.

We have already told him to bugger off, he's wants 1 million a month after tax! :o

img_ssole_20190708-154631_imagenes_md_te

So Matthijs de Ligt has done the honourable thing due to not resolving his future by making himself present and respecting his active contract with AFC Ajax (unlike Antoine Griezmann and Neymar at Atlético Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain respectively).

There was much speculation this morning as to what would occur but this part of the saga wasn’t fuelled with even more controversy from the young Dutch star.

The next few days will be telling in the future of de Ligt as Ajax maintain themselves firm in their viewpoint while Juventus have gone totally silent with only Mino Raiola mouthing off to the media.

46 minutes ago, Rick said:

We need to get Donny Van DeBeek at our spot

Looks to be the hidden gem in all of this Ajax golden generational talk... I can't believe he's been left behind in all the debates but I bet Ajax are happy he has.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Looks to be the hidden gem in all of this Ajax golden generational talk... I can't believe he's been left behind in all the debates but I bet Ajax are happy he has.

He hasn't really been left behind honestly. I read that his agent was quizzed about inquiries and said that although he had a great relationship with Inter that there wasn't anything substantial to warrant a move just yet. Add to the fact that Klopp was/is still interested in the Dutchman as well. He's the one I wanted out of all those players at Ajax honestly. 

6 hours ago, SirBalon said:

img_ssole_20190708-154631_imagenes_md_te

So Matthijs de Ligt has done the honourable thing due to not resolving his future by making himself present and respecting his active contract with AFC Ajax (unlike Antoine Griezmann and Neymar at Atlético Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain respectively).

There was much speculation this morning as to what would occur but this part of the saga wasn’t fuelled with even more controversy from the young Dutch star.

The next few days will be telling in the future of de Ligt as Ajax maintain themselves firm in their viewpoint while Juventus have gone totally silent with only Mino Raiola mouthing off to the media.

From a competitive and sports point of view, Juventus makes a lot of sense. But I´m not sure if Juventus really has the funds to make it happen. I have no idea if what I´m saying makes sense, but this is my impression.

They´ve offered insane salaries to Ramsey, Can and Rabiot, yes those are free transfers, but those salaries ha e huge impact in the clubs finances. Those guys earn what 7 million net, each? This is often forgotten. Not to mention they Ronaldo transfer and the fact Higuaín is returning and they still haven´t got ridden of his salary. 

As a person who grew up in the 90s, this feels strange to say, but playing in Italy puts Juventus in a serious financial disadvantage. They just can´t act in the transfer market like Barça, Real Madrid, PSG or the english top 6.

6 hours ago, El Profesor said:

From a competitive and sports point of view, Juventus makes a lot of sense. But I´m not sure if Juventus really has the funds to make it happen. I have no idea if what I´m saying makes sense, but this is my impression.

They´ve offered insane salaries to Ramsey, Can and Rabiot, yes those are free transfers, but those salaries ha e huge impact in the clubs finances. Those guys earn what 7 million net, each? This is often forgotten. Not to mention they Ronaldo transfer and the fact Higuaín is returning and they still haven´t got ridden of his salary. 

As a person who grew up in the 90s, this feels strange to say, but playing in Italy puts Juventus in a serious financial disadvantage. They just can´t act in the transfer market like Barça, Real Madrid, PSG or the english top 6.

But this is also what Barcelona have told him mate. They aren't going to renegotiate which is what de Ligt (his agent) wanted. They offered de Ligt the same as de Jong and that deal was ok 3 months ago when offered. But because PSG, Manchester United and then subsequently Juventus offered in some cases double, then that's that.

From Madrid we're hearing the same story that unless payers are sold and the salaries chopped, then there can't be anymore stellar signings.

Let's see what happens in this saga mate, but what it does look like at the moment, is that Raiola is leading de Ligt up the garden path.

I'm totally thrilled we have absolutely no interest in De Ligt. Anyone who employs that self righteous bellend as an agent is nothing but a greedy little shite that will fuck you over first chance they get. 

Whoever he signs for are more than welcome!

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

He chose Juventus weeks ago. The only issue has been the dispute on the transfer fee between Ajax and Juve. 

I only put that in because it was in Spanish and I thought there might have been something new in the report as I can't read or speak Spanish. :) 

27 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Juventus have offered 67 Million now and have rumour is Moises might be included in the deal also. 

Overmars is holding firm that Ajax will not take anything less then 75 million for de Ligt.   

Wow!

Turning out to be a very expensive signing because that doesn’t include Raiola’s €11m. 

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Wow!

Turning out to be a very expensive signing because that doesn’t include Raiola’s €11m. 

Agents fees are always the stumbling block as Juve for example are trying to incorporate it in their fee but it has nothing to do with Ajax. 

4 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Agents fees are always the stumbling block as Juve for example are trying to incorporate it in their fee but it has nothing to do with Ajax. 

Yeah, that’s what I’ve been hearing and I wrote about it further up. Juve were telling Ajax that the agent’s fee is in there and that their offer goes to €68m with the €57m they’re giving Ajax.

If Ajax take less than the €75 Barcelona agreed with them three months back just because both de Ligt and Raiola make more money this way than going elsewhere and Ajax are left short, then that would be unforgivable.

On 08/07/2019 at 09:39, Harry said:

De Ligt is going to come out of this with his Ajax relationship in tatters.

How much of a difference one agent makes if you compare this Saga to that of frenkie de Jong. Moved to his preferred club. Good price. Good deal. Everyone happy.

Enter Raiola to the mirror image situation and it all goes to shit

Yes, Raiola is a prick but it's also very convenient for players to have an agent that takes all the bad rep. 

In this case, I have zero sympathy for De Ligt. I mean, he can always change agents, Lukaku for example recently ditched Raiola for Pastorello. If the player continues to employ Mino, it's a sign he's on board with Raiola.

20 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Yes, Raiola is a prick but it's also very convenient for players to have an agent that takes all the bad rep. 

In this case, I have zero sympathy for De Ligt. I mean, he can always change agents, Lukaku for example recently ditched Raiola for Pastorello. If the player continues to employ Mino, it's a sign he's on board with Raiola.

Yeah the player has a choice on who they want to hire to be their agent, the person who's going to represent their interests. If you hire Raiola, at this point we know entirely about how he operates... so it means you're okay with his way of representing your interests.

17 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah the player has a choice on who they want to hire to be their agent, the person who's going to represent their interests. If you hire Raiola, at this point we know entirely about how he operates... so it means you're okay with his way of representing your interests.

And if I'm not wrong, Raiola doesn't even tie his players down to a contract. His players can change agents very easily.

• The title was changed to Matthijs de Ligt - Juventus Complete Signing of Dutch Defender

Archived