talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matthijs de Ligt - Juventus Complete Signing of Dutch Defender

3 hours ago, BartraPique1932 said:

I feel sorry for Ajax. I hope they can find some great replacements and continue to play beautiful football.

That's the reason I'm not sorry to see a bidding war. Mo money to Ajax is a good thing. Only Commission wages for Mino will be nauseating

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I like the people that think he’s going to Man Utd

It's not totally out of the question. Utd are quite capable of paying extraordinary wages which could get a deal over the line. 

Apart from that, it doesn't look like many other clubs are really trying to sign him. 

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

It's not totally out of the question. Utd are quite capable of paying extraordinary wages which could get a deal over the line. 

Apart from that, it doesn't look like many other clubs are really trying to sign him. 

It could definitely happen, because they can offer the most insane wages out of his potential suitors.

But he’s also being courted by some of the biggest sides in the world who are actually good right now and not in need of a massive rebuild. Particularly Barca, who are just in need of some tweaks and are already the best side in Spain by some difference

11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It could definitely happen, because they can offer the most insane wages out of his potential suitors.

But he’s also being courted by some of the biggest sides in the world who are actually good right now and not in need of a massive rebuild. Particularly Barca, who are just in need of some tweaks and are already the best side in Spain by some difference

I might be wrong but I'm sure I read somewhere that Barca (who were close to signing him) have pulled out of a potential deal due to De Ligt's agent demands?!

I actually think he'll end up at Utd unfortunately. Hope I'm wrong and they sign Ben Mee like. 

Peter Bosz and Van Gaal urge de Ligt to join Man City

'I think De Ligt fits perfectly with Manchester City,' former Ajax boss Bosz told FOX Sports. 'Vincent Kompany is already gone and Nicolas Otamendi is not good enough. Then I would love to see him next to Aymeric Laporte.'

Van Gaal agreed, adding: 'I think exactly the same. Although De Ligt can go to Barcelona too, because I don't like their central defenders either.

'He could play at Barcelona, but he could play for Manchester City also, and in that case I would choose Pep Guardiola over Lionel Messi.' 

47 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Peter Bosz and Van Gaal urge de Ligt to join Man City

'I think De Ligt fits perfectly with Manchester City,' former Ajax boss Bosz told FOX Sports. 'Vincent Kompany is already gone and Nicolas Otamendi is not good enough. Then I would love to see him next to Aymeric Laporte.'

Van Gaal agreed, adding: 'I think exactly the same. Although De Ligt can go to Barcelona too, because I don't like their central defenders either.

'He could play at Barcelona, but he could play for Manchester City also, and in that case I would choose Pep Guardiola over Lionel Messi.' 

Hahaha Pep Guardiola over Messi!!! xD

That’s actually a very good one. Which one of the two said that?

How typical of the Netherlands, they had an elite midfield and forward group but lacked defenders. Now they have some elite defenders and midfielder but no forwards worth their salt.

Kinda like how Scotland produces two elite talents but they are both left backs.

4 hours ago, Spike said:

How typical of the Netherlands, they had an elite midfield and forward group but lacked defenders. Now they have some elite defenders and midfielder but no forwards worth their salt.

Kinda like how Scotland produces two elite talents but they are both left backs.

Give it a couple of years and we will have a complete team, so many strikers in the youth teams bursting to get in to the teams. Its just that The top teams like PSV Feyenoord and Ajax have preferred to stick with experience strikers.  AZ Alkmaar have 2 quality strikers  Stengs and Boadu

de Ligt was asked what his dream club would be, he answered I am already at my Dream club and Ajax will always remain my dream club as they made me who I am.   

I really love these new young players Ajax are bringing through, they are so down to earth and do not carry the arrogance of players from past years like Depay, I think a lot has to do with intelligence and the way they have been brought up at Ajax by being taught by ex players like Bergkamp.   de Jong, Van de Beek and de Ligt are so likeable and also grounded considering they are going to become huge stars in the game. 

17 hours ago, Panna King said:

Give it a couple of years and we will have a complete team, so many strikers in the youth teams bursting to get in to the teams. Its just that The top teams like PSV Feyenoord and Ajax have preferred to stick with experience strikers.  AZ Alkmaar have 2 quality strikers  Stengs and Boadu

Boadu in FIFA 19 career mode is the best signing for any time you’ve got a club you’re trying to promote your way up into better leagues with. By the time I got Tranmere to the prem he’d developed into one of the best strikers in England xD

Thats all useless info from a video game though. But I hope he does well because of my career mode 

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Apparently Liverpool have come into the frame in all of this if reports are to be believed from Germany and Bild.

I mean, a centre back pairing of Van Dijk and De Ligt would be ridiculous.

10 minutes ago, Rick said:

I mean, a centre back pairing of Van Dijk and De Ligt would be ridiculous.

If you managed an elite midfielder with that signing, Liverpool would be the ultimate football machine in Europe in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Do Liverpool need him? Done pretty exceptionally defensively this year and have young players coming through. Might upset the apple cart a bit, I don't see this happening.

No we don't really. As amazing as he will be, we have Joe Gomez who is a beast himself. If it's between De Ligt and a top top midfielder I'll take the latter.

• The title was changed to Matthijs de Ligt - Juventus Complete Signing of Dutch Defender

Archived