talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matthijs de Ligt - Juventus Complete Signing of Dutch Defender

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What if Dennis Bergkamp is his hero?

But yeah, I also probably wouldn't make the move from Ajax to Arsenal right now when he's got the other suitors in the thread title monitoring his potential transfer.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

As much as I love Arsenal and it's literally a part of me, I wouldn't go to Arsenal with a status like he has in a million years right now. He'd have to be bonkers to do that.

I was just speaking as an Arsenal fan, it is players like de Ligt that we should be going for hungry, talented leaders. We just buy crap now with no real scouting and cannot even coach our own youth to succeed in the first team.  Arsenal are just such an awful club and its sad to say when you are a fan but its reality. Ajax with players like de Ligt etc are so refreshing in football.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

What if Dennis Bergkamp is his hero?

But yeah, I also probably wouldn't make the move from Ajax to Arsenal right now when he's got the other suitors in the thread title monitoring his potential transfer.

He was taught by Bergkamp, de Ligt used to be an attacking midfielder in the youth teams.

2 minutes ago, Panna King said:

I was just speaking as an Arsenal fan, it is players like de Ligt that we should be going for hungry, talented leaders. We just buy crap now with no real scouting and cannot even coach our own youth to succeed in the first team.  Arsenal are just such an awful club and its sad to say when you are a fan but its reality. Ajax with players like de Ligt etc are so refreshing in football.

Once David Dein left, Arsenal just became a club that made progressively worse decisions until they got to the point they're at today. It's actually absurd how well run they used to be and how not-well-run they appear to be now. If Spurs have money to spend this summer, I imagine they'd look a vastly more attractive side than Arsenal for players that are looking to move. If I'd have said that a decade ago, you'd all think I was mental.

7 minutes ago, Panna King said:

People may have forgotten but there was a moment in time when Johan Cruyff nearly became the head coach at Arsenal FC. Many people don't remember this but it was a very close thing. What if....

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

People may have forgotten but there was a moment in time when Johan Cruyff nearly became the head coach at Arsenal FC. Many people don't remember this but it was a very close thing. What if....

Well we could of had Messi, Ronaldo etc  Wenger must of been such a bad judge of youth xD

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Rick said:

Why the fuck would he go to Arsenal? I'd rather stay in Ajax

This.

Apart from money, clubs like Arsenal & Man Utd don't seem like great places to be right now.

On 03/06/2019 at 17:19, SirBalon said:

Hahaha Pep Guardiola over Messi!!! xD

That’s actually a very good one. Which one of the two said that?

Not sure why it's funny. Playing under Guardiola would be much better for his development than having Messi at the other end of the pitch

4 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Not sure why it's funny. Playing under Guardiola would be much better for his development than having Messi at the other end of the pitch

Van Gaal said it as a joke that Messi runs Barcelona.

22 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Don't get your knickers in a twist. I was laughing at the fact it's said Messi runs Barcelona. That calmed you down now?

If you like I can give you the club's telephone number and you can shout obscenities down the mouthpiece. Your unnatural unbalance towards that club is rather cringey. Or maybe it's just me and if that's the case (I wouldn't mind knowing) I can then entertain myself with you from now on. Visca la vida! :x

17 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Don't get your knickers in a twist. I was laughing at the fact it's said Messi runs Barcelona. That calmed you down now?

If you like I can give you the club's telephone number and you can shout obscenities down the mouthpiece. Your unnatural unbalance towards that club is rather cringey. Or maybe it's just me and if that's the case (I wouldn't mind knowing) I can then entertain myself with you from now on. Visca la vida! :x

You appear to have misread my tone as badly as I misread yours. My knickers aren't in a twist in the slightest, just thought it odd that you were picking Messi over Guardiola in a situation where it's clearly not relevant

1 minute ago, Burning Gold said:

You appear to have misread my tone as badly as I misread yours. My knickers aren't in a twist in the slightest, just thought it odd that you were picking Messi over Guardiola in a situation where it's clearly not relevant

My tone has its roots in past posts towards me mate. Anyway... That's what I meant because it's been a long story that Messi chooses coaches and even who is signed and sold. Not that it's true in the slightest, but what can you do.

If he's smart he woukd choose Liverpool, We're building something big here and he will have Virgil beside him who he knows inside out from playing in the national team together.

not even being biased here i think the Liverpool move would be a fantastic 1 for him.

Would love to see him come to United, but I suspect Barcelona is a done deal.  De ligt and his agent are just trying to get a little more money.   Would love to be wrong though.    Just hope we will know for sure after the Nations League final.

• The title was changed to Matthijs de Ligt - Juventus Complete Signing of Dutch Defender

Archived