talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matthijs de Ligt - Juventus Complete Signing of Dutch Defender

• Subscriber
37 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Barça already has Piqué, Lenglet and Umtiti. In my opinion, Juventus, City and Liverpool are all better destinations for him than Barcelona. 

Pique is near the end and De Ligt is and will be much better than the other 2. 

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Pique is near the end and De Ligt is and will be much better than the other 2. 

Piqué is coming from a great season and Lenglet was rock solid for Barcelona as well. Umtiti lost his starting spot, but with the time to rest and recover from his injuries, he will get playing time. 

de Ligt is just too good to spend any minute on a bench and Barça can´t guarantee him as much playing time as other teams can. 

1 hour ago, JOSHBRFC said:

PSG now odds on favourites to sign him. What a mistake that would be.

Raiola has a very good relationship with Leonardo and he also was Maxwell´s agent when he played, in that sense PSG has some advantage, but yes, I think he should choose a different club.

If De Ligt goes to PSG, Kimpembe will probably leave. He´s really good and he deserves to be a starter elsewhere.

• Subscriber
51 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Piqué is coming from a great season and Lenglet was rock solid for Barcelona as well. Umtiti lost his starting spot, but with the time to rest and recover from his injuries, he will get playing time. 

de Ligt is just too good to spend any minute on a bench and Barça can´t guarantee him as much playing time as other teams can. 

Raiola has a very good relationship with Leonardo and he also was Maxwell´s agent when he played, in that sense PSG has some advantage, but yes, I think he should choose a different club.

If De Ligt goes to PSG, Kimpembe will probably leave. He´s really good and he deserves to be a starter elsewhere.

De Ligt wouldn't be on the bench.

Have you seen how shambolic Barca have been at times when defending? They're lucky they have an Alien playing for them otherwise they'd have won nothing. 

De Ligt would be absolutely bonkers mad to go to PSG. What on earth could possess him to even contemplate such a choic? Has he only just been born? Or maybe he just plays football but ignores everything that's going on.

If I were De Ligt and Barça isn't the correct moment just yet, then I'd go to Juventus as much as I don't like saying that. There he will learn the darker arts with Chiellini which could advance his defensive career even more. But choosing PSG makes absolutely no sense other than money.

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

De Ligt would be absolutely bonkers mad to go to PSG. What on earth could possess him to even contemplate such a choic? Has he only just been born? Or maybe he just plays football but ignores everything that's going on.

If I were De Ligt and Barça isn't the correct moment just yet, then I'd go to Juventus as much as I don't like saying that. There he will learn the darker arts with Chiellini which could advance his defensive career even more. But choosing PSG makes absolutely no sense other than money.

Simple really, it's these poisonous super agent cunts.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Unlike most players, he could see out his entire contract at PSG and it’d still before he hits his “prime years.” So it’s easy money and guaranteed trophies, with the ability to move to one of Europe’s biggest sides before you’re about to hit your prime years.

2 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

De Ligt wouldn't be on the bench.

Have you seen how shambolic Barca have been at times when defending? They're lucky they have an Alien playing for them otherwise they'd have won nothing. 

But the central pairing has been really good this season for Barcelona. And considering how Valverde works and how tends to respect club hierarchies, De Ligt would probably start at the bench, considering he has less time at Barcelona than the other 3.

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Well, at PSG he could learn from a much better defender in Thiago Silva if that´s what guides his decision. But I agree, PSG is a terrible move for him. I kinda would like to see him going to Bayern, it´s been a long time since Bayern last won a competition for signing a player against other big clubs.

45 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Unlike most players, he could see out his entire contract at PSG and it’d still before he hits his “prime years.” So it’s easy money and guaranteed trophies, with the ability to move to one of Europe’s biggest sides before you’re about to hit your prime years.

If a young player moves to PSG, he should be aware that club is really hard to leave. Verratti and Rabiot are good examples of it. I read someone say that PSG was a "golden cage" and that kinda describes it well. 

39 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

But the central pairing has been really good this season for Barcelona. And considering how Valverde works and how tends to respect club hierarchies, De Ligt would probably start at the bench, considering he has less time at Barcelona than the other 3.

Well, at PSG he could learn from a much better defender in Thiago Silva if that´s what guides his decision. But I agree, PSG is a terrible move for him. I kinda would like to see him going to Bayern, it´s been a long time since Bayern last won a competition for signing a player against other big clubs.

If a young player moves to PSG, he should be aware that club is really hard to leave. Verratti and Rabiot are good examples of it. I read someone say that PSG was a "golden cage" and that kinda describes it well. 

I’ve called them a golden cage before xD but De Ligt is still really young. He could sign a 5 year deal with PSG and he’d be 24 when he leaves on a free. He’d just have to lie about signing a new contract until right up at the end...

4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

He should stay at Ajax rather than going to PSG, I doubt that he has ever dreamed of winning Ligue 1. I think PSG are just getting used like with de Jong to up the price.

• The title was changed to Matthijs de Ligt - PSG Leading Race to Sign Defender
4 hours ago, El Profesor said:

I'd forgotten Thiago Silva even existed mate. He is a very talented defender but he chokes at the important hour and that's not something that should be observed from very young players. There is absolutely nothing positive from a career perspective to go to PSG and you yourself said further down that it's very hard to leave once you signed with the devil. Making a deal with Nasser Al-Khelaifi and QSI is just absolutely stupid in every way and is like the story of Faust.  How is de Ligt even going to improve there with the total imbalance in competition?

Where has Verratti gotten himself to?

I agree with you on the Bayern detail. That would be a very good move indeed actually, it makes sense on many levels.

2 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I'm still baffled as to why all these players join Raiola, obviously there is something to it but he justs seems a massive scumbag. De Ligt doesn't need need Raiola, he'd easily be getting these offers with me as his agent. 

Raiola preys on these kids and families when the players are probably around 14-15 years old, he has been causing havoc at Ajax since the early 90's ever since Ajax done the deals with Bergkamp and Jonk to Inter Milan due to his Dutch and Italian connections.  He only does deals to Italian clubs from Ajax, he really hit the jackpot when the Bosman rule first came in, he told all the Ajax players that if they run down their contracts he will get them big moves to Italy like Bogarde, Reiziger, Davids, Kluivert all went to AC Milan for Free and Seedorf to Sampdoria. Raiola of course got a huge fee from Milan as they didn't have to pay any transfer fees but it cost Ajax way over 100 million at the time, that is why Ajax really suffered in the late 90's and early 00s because of that moment.  Raiola was banned for a bit after that period for dealing with any Ajax players but he later came back on the scene again when Zlatan was at Ajax, he got him a move to Juventus and Grygera, plus a few other Ajax players moved in Italy like Urby Emanuelson went to AC Milan and Kishna not even playing a whole season, he got him a move to Lazio.    Even last year with Justin Kluivert, Raiola forced him to Roma even though Ajax offered Kluivert a contract to stay but Raiola got in to Kluivert's head that they are only offering him a contract so they can get more money for him. 

So you can see the issues he has caused but is still allowed to do what he does, unfortunately de Ligt is stuck with him now through his career.

35 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I'd forgotten Thiago Silva even existed mate. He is a very talented defender but he chokes at the important hour and that's not something that should be observed from very young players. There is absolutely nothing positive from a career perspective to go to PSG and you yourself said further down that it's very hard to leave once you signed with the devil. Making a deal with Nasser Al-Khelaifi and QSI is just absolutely stupid in every way and is like the story of Faust.  How is de Ligt even going to improve there with the total imbalance in competition?

Where has Verratti gotten himself to?

I agree with you on the Bayern detail. That would be a very good move indeed actually, it makes sense on many levels.

de Ligt done an interview yesterday and he has said if he does leave he like to be with Frenkie de Jong and it would be amazing to play with Messi.

55 minutes ago, Panna King said:

de Ligt done an interview yesterday and he has said if he does leave he like to be with Frenkie de Jong and it would be amazing to play with Messi.

This is all I know on de Ligt mate, and you can fill in the spaces if you know other stuff.

• Four months ago Barça approached Ajax and and came to an agreement with the club to speak to de Ligt.
  • The agreement with Ajax was 100% and a principle of agreement was done with the player also.
  • 3 months down the line ans Matthijs de Ligt's status has obviously risen and other major Europeaj clubs have shown interest (only natural).
  • Suddenly Barça's personal terms offered to the player become the most inferior and even clubs like Man Utd and especially PSG offering more than double. Enter the fray for Mino Raiola and $€¥£ symbols all over the place.
  • Barcelona refuse to re-negotiate and are apparently upset at de Ligt's public comments since the Champions League semi-final especially after the Nations League Final.  But the interest and desire to sign him is still there but without re-negotiating anything.
  • Today Mino Raiola is in Paris negotiating personal terms on behalf of his client (and himself obviously, this is Raiola at the end of the day) with Paris Saint-Germain and the inside news is that the move is imminent.

27 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

This is all I know on de Ligt mate, and you can fill in the spaces if you know other stuff.

• Four months ago Barça approached Ajax and and came to an agreement with the club to speak to de Ligt.
  • The agreement with Ajax was 100% and a principle of agreement was done with the player also.
  • 3 months down the line ans Matthijs de Ligt's status has obviously risen and other major Europeaj clubs have shown interest (only natural).
  • Suddenly Barça's personal terms offered to the player become the most inferior and even clubs like Man Utd and especially PSG offering more than double. Enter the fray for Mino Raiola and $€¥£ symbols all over the place.
  • Barcelona refuse to re-negotiate and are apparently upset at de Ligt's public comments since the Champions League semi-final especially after the Nations League Final.  But the interest and desire to sign him is still there but without re-negotiating anything.
  • Today Mino Raiola is in Paris negotiating personal terms on behalf of his client (and himself obviously, this is Raiola at the end of the day) with Paris Saint-Germain and the inside news is that the move is imminent.

It is true that Raiola is in Paris talking to PSG but from what I understand it isn't about de Ligt, it is to do with Lozano. Another player he is playing off against other clubs.

47 minutes ago, Panna King said:

It is true that Raiola is in Paris talking to PSG but from what I understand it isn't about de Ligt, it is to do with Lozano. Another player he is playing off against other clubs.

We'll see mate but the Barcelona based sports papers (and their websites MUNDO DEPORTIVO and SPORT) continue to insist Raiola is in Paris negotiating on behalf of de Ligt.

1 hour ago, Pep Talk said:

£340k a week? Good god...he’s 19 years old so I can see why his head has been turned 

Real Madrid are desperate to reduce their wage bill because of the impending FFP year coming to an end snd want to offload some players come what may. There is even talk of giving a couple away for free... According to sources in Spain, PSG's wage bill is almost double that (without this de Ligt purchase) of Real's and the Parisian club don't reach 30% of what Real make per year financially... Now tell me what's going on? 

Poor guy, if he's really the passionate, determined sort like he seems to be, he's going to regret this decision in a few years. 

Unless he's infected by the mental rot at PSG by that time and becomes another Verratti, happily picking up his wage. 

This from a few minutes ago in an interview with Ronald de Boer

"I have no idea what's about to happen and I'm not about to quote names. But de Ligt could be about to make a massive error if he ends up joining Paris Saint-Germain. How much more does one need to know?"

• The title was changed to Matthijs de Ligt - Juventus Complete Signing of Dutch Defender

Archived