talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matthijs de Ligt - Juventus Complete Signing of Dutch Defender

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Spike said:

de Ligt could join PSG for three years, earn more in those three years than the entirety of his career and then join Barca on a free. 3D chess

There is no way in hell de Ligt is leaving PSG if he signs. Look at Thiago Silva, Verratti and if you've followed what's happened to Rabiot. It's a golden cage! It's the story of Faust and you sign with the devil at your peril.

It doesn't make sense for de Ligt to go to France at all as it isn't bigger step than the Dutch league, Ajax are probably better than PSG anyway if you take away their Arab money away, what has that club ever done, he might as well just stay Ajax.    PSG are just getting used I am 100% sure of it to get more money like they were in the Frenkie de Jong deal unless Barcelona have pulled out of the deal due to renegotiations.

4 minutes ago, Panna King said:

It doesn't make sense for de Ligt to go to France at all as it isn't bigger step than the Dutch league, Ajax are probably better than PSG anyway if you take away their Arab money away, what has that club ever done, he might as well just stay Ajax.    PSG are just getting used I am 100% sure of it to get more money like they were in the Frenkie de Jong deal unless Barcelona have pulled out of the deal due to renegotiations.

The Dutch league is more competitive than Ligue1 and I dare anyone to challenge that. Ajax is also a much bigger club and that one doesn't even require a debate. Obviously the money is massive at PSG and to be honest, nobody can compete on that factor even if they are consistently breaking the FFP rules to do this.

As far as is known, Barça won't renegotiate with de Ligt for various reasons but the main one is that they can't compete on wages, nobody can! Barcelona unlike PSG, do have to adhere to FFP rules and they're already at their very limits as are Real Madrid.

• Subscriber

I get that hes the new hotness and for good reason but coming our way doesnt make alot of sense. We've already got Süle, Hummels as our first choice pair from the last season, granted Boateng is probably on his way out but we have Hernandez and Pavard already signed on top of that. We have much more pressing needs then another defender to be honest. 

Be an absolute travesty if he ends up at that shitbox. Hopefully he's got family or himself (tough being only 19) to stand up to Riola and tell him to fuck off with this idea. 

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

This from a few minutes ago in an interview with Ronald de Boer

"I have no idea what's about to happen and I'm not about to quote names. But de Ligt could be about to make a massive error if he ends up joining Paris Saint-Germain. How much more does one need to know?"

"I'm not about to quote names"

Quotes a name xD

11 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

"I'm not about to quote names"

Quotes a name xD

Hahaha... The main protagonist Matthijs de Ligt is a given mate. xD

I think de Boer was hitting Raiola hard with that comment because he has been one of the culprits for ruining Dutch football for two decades.

8 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I think de Boer was hitting Raiola hard with that comment because he has been one of the culprits for ruining Dutch football for two decades.

I get what you're saying mate but Raiola doesn't hold a gun to these players head. 

Whichever players hire agents such as Raiola are just as bad in my opinion. Only thinking about money rather than their career. 

De Ligt could literally take his pick from some of the biggest clubs in Europe. If he chooses PSG then that's because hes a greedy little shite that cares little about anything other than money. 

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I get what you're saying mate but Raiola doesn't hold a gun to these players head. 

Whichever players hire agents such as Raiola are just as bad in my opinion. Only thinking about money rather than their career. 

De Ligt could literally take his pick from some of the biggest clubs in Europe. If he chooses PSG then that's because hes a greedy little shite that cares little about anything other than money. 

He is also only a teenager, don't underestimate the words of a man like Raiola. Don't forget Raiola's job is to talk and persuade and one doeesn't get to his position without being very talented at what he does.

27 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

De Boer shouldn't really comment too much as what he did to force a move out of Ajax was a disgrace. 

11 minutes ago, Spike said:

He is also only a teenager, don't underestimate the words of a man like Raiola. Don't forget Raiola's job is to talk and persuade and one doeesn't get to his position without being very talented at what he does.

I get that but at the end of the day, in any transfer, the player always has the final say. If De Ligt chooses PSG over a club like Barcelona/Bayern etc then hes a mug, or just extremely greedy. 

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

I get that but at the end of the day, in any transfer, the player always has the final say. If De Ligt chooses PSG over a club like Barcelona/Bayern etc then hes a mug, or just extremely greedy. 

Raiola has a deal that the club needs to pay him a large % whoever signs him.

26 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

At 19 years old you'd find it near impossible to say no to somebody as powerful and influential as Riola. That's why I said about his family, hoping he has somebody who won't stand for that fat greedy bastard not doing what's best for his career. 

50 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

45 minutes ago, Spike said:

34 minutes ago, Panna King said:

De Boer shouldn't really comment too much as what he did to force a move out of Ajax was a disgrace. 

I agree with Spike... Raiola has to be credited with a special talent because we're talking about over two decades of functioning in the same manner and yet players still fall for it. It's obvious that signing up with the devil in a case such as this gives you the knowledge that you are definitely going to get the maximum available for the status you have and nothing less. Raiola then negotiates his own personal deal aside like he did with the Pogba move from Juve to Man Utd and that's what he's doing here and why Barcelona have refused point blank to renegotiate anything as they don't want to pay an agent aside and they believe that this is a deal both the player and his representative should agree on by themselves.

PSG is not football, it doesn't function in the same realm as the rest of the clubs although I am afraid that what PSG are and represent is where football is going if growth is to be the dictatorial target in all of this. Football is a sport and it can only grow so much off its own back for what it is.  It's a shame to see these players get caught up with these things even now after witnessing what's happened to the current crop at PSG who are practically invisible unless where you come from has a vested interest in the individuals plying their trade at that "club". His move to PSG isn't the same as if he were to move anywhere else... His future is now tied to that club unless he fails massively or they finally manage to do what their target is to achieve which is to win the Champions League. He can forget about ever moving anywhere else while he performs.

@Panna King what ever happened with de Boer is in the past and in reality it has very little to do with this kind of move which Ajax themselves are very willing to push through. There is no force here only a wrong move for Dutch football if it happens.

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I agree with Spike... Raiola has to be credited with a special talent because we're talking about over two decades of functioning in the same manner and yet players still fall for it. It's obvious that signing up with the devil in a case such as this gives you the knowledge that you are definitely going to get the maximum available for the status you have and nothing less. Raiola then negotiates his own personal deal aside like he did with the Pogba move from Juve to Man Utd and that's what he's doing here and why Barcelona have refused point blank to renegotiate anything as they don't want to pay an agent aside and they believe that this is a deal both the player and his representative should agree on by themselves.

PSG is not football, it doesn't function in the same realm as the rest of the clubs although I am afraid that what PSG are and represent is where football is going if growth is to be the dictatorial target in all of this. Football is a sport and it can only grow so much off its own back for what it is.  It's a shame to see these players get caught up with these things even now after witnessing what's happened to the current crop at PSG who are practically invisible unless where you come from has a vested interest in the individuals plying their trade at that "club". His move to PSG isn't the same as if he were to move anywhere else... His future is now tied to that club unless he fails massively or they finally manage to do what their target is to achieve which is to win the Champions League. He can forget about ever moving anywhere else while he performs.

@Panna King what ever happened with de Boer is in the past and in reality it has very little to do with this kind of move which Ajax themselves are very willing to push through. There is no force here only a wrong move for Dutch football if it happens.

The problem with the players he is able to get from youth teams when they are 15, he can put any future demands in their contract. There is no way of telling if someone will make it but when they do then you get problems like this.  

41 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Ronald de Boer: “De Ligt to PSG? They don’t play the way De Ligt is used to. The philosophy fits him better at Barça or Manchester City. I think it would be best for him to go to Barça. It’s a club with the same character as Ajax.”

8 hours ago, SirBalon said:
  • Barcelona refuse to re-negotiate and are apparently upset at de Ligt's public comments since the Champions League semi-final especially after the Nations League Final.  But the interest and desire to sign him is still there but without re-negotiating anything.

Fucking hell xD

Nailed on that De Light goes to PSG for me and he and his advisors will deserve a share of the blame for that. You know exactly what's going to happen when you get into bed with Raiola

Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu held a press conference today on the club's stadium building works starting this summer and obviously two things came up, first was the Atlético Madrid CEO stating Griezmann was going to sign for Barça and the other was on the probability of de Ligt signing for PSG... He didn't give too much away to be honest especially on the Griezmann count. But he left this bit for UEFA, one other and PSG;

"It's not just that a couple of clubs in Europe are permitted to be funded by sources outside the football sphere. State funding isn't permitted in any sport much less in football. But if this is going to be the way forward, then we will all have to access the same market. I would expect the same comprehension offered to Europe's other great clubs that a couple of others profit from."

Matthijs de Ligt's agent Mino Raiola issued a statement to Italian news group ANSA saying that the rumour he was in Paris to finalise a deal between his client (de Ligt) ans Paris Saint-Germain was fake news and not even close to the truth. He said that Matthijs was on holiday where he will make a decision on his future. Raiola didn't state why he was there and when quizzed on a picture that was taken with him an a French journalist in a Parisien hotel, he just went onto say that this man who he had never met before in his life asked him for a picture and he obliged. He said there was nothing more to add. 

• Subscriber

1137228553_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.f176e174949bd01d277abab3d9f6f2d1.png

Matthijs de Ligt's agent Mino Raiola has met Paris St-Germain sporting director Antero Henrique over the transfer of the 19-year-old Ajax and Netherlands defender. The clubs are close to reaching an agreement of around 75m euros (£66.6m). (RMC Sport - in French)

French champions PSG have offered De Ligt a five-year deal worth 12m euros (£10.6m) a year. (ESPN)

But Raiola has denied reports he travelled to France for talks with PSG to sort out a deal for De Ligt. (Express)

• The title was changed to Matthijs de Ligt - Juventus Complete Signing of Dutch Defender

Archived