talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matthijs de Ligt - Juventus Complete Signing of Dutch Defender

1 hour ago, Panna King said:

After getting off the phone with My source, tells me de Ligt will be a Barca player on the 1st July 100%. de Ligt will sign a 5 year contract and the transfer will be around 75 million euros with add ons. 

I'm not so sure mate, but what I would be inclined to believe is that Matthijs didn't expect for so many people in the football world to be drawn into the news that his agent was finalising a move to PSG. I don't think the kid ever contemplated so many people being so publicly negative about that decision.

Let me just say my part which is just a personal view and only using the now, what's occuring at the moment from a similar perspective that he is in right now.

Also let me start off by stating that in my view any move other than PSG would be interesting and positive in a plethora of ways. I'm not saying he has to move to Barça... I'm saying his move to PSG would be a sign of cowardice, confusion and with no essence to it.

Frenkie de Jong chose to move Barcelona having had an outstanding season full of plaudits from all around the footballing world. De Ligt was offered exactly the same terms and conditions both professionally and financially as his good friend de Jong, yet Frenkie decided to make that move even knowing that he could be offered more elsewhere in Europe (much more) and that his participation wasn't guaranteed... That he would be sharing a midfield with Busquets, Rakitić, Vidal, Arthur etc... 

We can also add Antoine Griezmann if the stories are to be believed on his arrival and choice of the Camp Nou. He will be choosing to earn less than he currently is at Atlético Madrid, his first season's wages would be adjusted even, due to having to pay the buy-out clause of €130m which Barça has to adjust on expenditure for FFP reasons, but Antoine has accepted this and knows he gets that the following season as a marked bonus. Griezmann also accepted that he will be arriving to be playing in the part of the field where at the moment Messi, Suárez, Coutinho and Dembélé will be vying for minutes and will recieve them which means nothing is guaranteed. Griezmann is an established player, a World Cup winner and two time finalist in the Champions League.

I could go further back to Marc-André ter Stegen who arrived at FC Barcelona on the same day as another goalkeeper from Real Sociedad in the shape of Claudio Bravo and that he was told by the coach that both keepers would be battling it put for the number one slot. He didn't like it too much, he spent two years playing second fiddle but in the end he won the battle while always being offered bigger contracts elsewhere to tempt him away from his uncertainty in terms of first team keeper.

If Matthijs de Ligt were to choose Paris Saint-Germain, he would be choosing this option for these following reasons, and these reasons alone... More money, guaranteed success in the Ligue1 championship without even having to get off the club bus and guaranteed first team football, all three reasons respectable and in the realms of what a footballer wishes for. Of course Piqué is still playing and has come off one of his best personal football seasons.  Indeed there are another two central defenders there with immense talent in the shape of Samuel Umtiti and the also extremely young Clément Lenglet who has just won his first international call-up for France.

All in all... De Ligt would be choosing the easy "giving up" option at the age of 19 when the world is there for him to make a mark in. People should respect that but also state their opinion if they so wish. Adding one final point that going to PSG isn't like going elsewhere even to the genuine great club names on the continent where you do have a door that can be opened and continue to execute an option for change. History teaches us things and one should always take heed.

That's my view, my opinion. Doesn't have to be the correct one at all or the one anybody is forced to agree with. But I have based it on facts.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, José said:

De Gea + De Ligt would make PSG the favourite to win the CLs imo. As long as Neymar stays healthy.

If those two transfers do happen, Mbappe would be a fool to leave them. 

They were strong in those positions last year too tbh. 

The soulless oil/oligarch clubs have all struggled to win the Champions league despite being two or three of the five strongest clubs in Europe for the last 15 years. Only Chelsea have succeeded, and only once. I'm not sure the favorites tag counts for much with clubs with a great squad on paper but no Champions league HERITAGE. 

You're out late wandering the dark alleys of Amsterdam at 2am. You see Mino Raiola on his own walking the other way... What do you do?

Snog, Marry, Avoid?

But seriously, ignore, or push him into the canal?

15 minutes ago, Harry said:

They were strong in those positions last year too tbh. 

The soulless oil/oligarch clubs have all struggled to win the Champions league despite being two or three of the five strongest clubs in Europe for the last 15 years. Only Chelsea have succeeded, and only once. I'm not sure the favorites tag counts for much with clubs with a great squad on paper but no Champions league HERITAGE. 

PSG have been touted amongst the Champions League favourites countless times since a number of years back going all the way back to signings like Cavani, Thiago Silva etc...

They've had the playing staff to win it countless times and the coaches to guide them to that success too. They can win it, but basing everything around a cup competition where you can be eliminated for so many different reasons and having to wait another year with your season being seen as a total failure for obvious reasons is enough I would say, to make potential future recruits think twice before making such a move without substance.

Put it this way... Even if PSG were to win it, it wouldn't ever bee seen or felt like when Olympique Marseille managed it.

2 hours ago, Harry said:

You're out late wandering the dark alleys of Amsterdam at 2am. You see Mino Raiola on his own walking the other way... What do you do?

Snog, Marry, Avoid?

You will find him in Haarlem stuffing his face in Italian restaurants, I would Pop his belly and then I will make him donate his  millions that he has made from his life destroying deals and send it to grass roots football in The Netherlands.

Looks like it’s sorted between Raiola and PSG for the transfer of Matthijs de Ligt. Apparently PSG are doing their upmost to cover de Ligt searching for a property in Paris. The rumours say de Ligt’s wife was seduced by what PSG offered them.

Looks like Raiola’s “fake news” statement was as honest as another infamous person in the US that uses this term consistently to lie.

• Subscriber

Putting aside all the nonsense surrounding PSG cant clubs like Ajax stop dealing with scum like Raiola? I'd imagine you take him out of the picture and there is a chance for growth and perhaps holding onto more players?

30 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Putting aside all the nonsense surrounding PSG cant clubs like Ajax stop dealing with scum like Raiola? I'd imagine you take him out of the picture and there is a chance for growth and perhaps holding onto more players?

You can’t take an individual out of the picture unless he or she does something to warrant that as you well know mate.  He (Raiola) has already been banned before and has only just this week had his present ban suspended while a further investigation takes place. Italy (FIGC) have maintained the ban however and isn’t permitted to represent anyone with any club in the Italian game. He is a cancer to the sport. 

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Without doubt his desirability as an agent would be affected by bigger clubs publically refusing to deal with him. But most clubs are greedy hogs who'd climb over each other to secure the best players so not many would do it. And PSG definitely wouldn't

• Subscriber
38 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

You can’t take an individual out of the picture unless he or she does something to warrant that as you well know mate.  He (Raiola) has already been banned before and has only just this week had his present ban suspended while a further investigation takes place. Italy (FIGC) have maintained the ban however and isn’t permitted to represent anyone with any club in the Italian game. He is a cancer to the sport. 

Well clubs could say that they are hampering their ability to compete and use that as a cause but then again they'd just find someone new to reinvent the old problems again. 

5 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Well clubs could say that they are hampering their ability to compete and use that as a cause but then again they'd just find someone new to reinvent the old problems again. 

Raiola's good at making money for his clients (and for himself). For all that he's got a bad name amongst fans, players want him on their side, and that ultimately is what matters.

10 hours ago, Harry said:

Snog, Marry, Avoid?

Push him into the path of a cyclist.

Cyclists actually piss me off there for the record. They nearly take you out and most of the cunts don't even have lights on at night, then have the cheek to start ringing their bell when you can't even see them.

On 13/06/2019 at 20:06, The Rebel CRS said:

Push him into the path of a cyclist.

Cyclists actually piss me off there for the record. They nearly take you out and most of the cunts don't even have lights on at night, then have the cheek to start ringing their bell when you can't even see them.

You might find this interesting then.... 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7152963/Yoga-teacher-staring-phone-hit-cyclist-wins-compensation.html

43 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

To be fair, in this case, I would say it was her own fault. People who just walk around looking at their phone and don't pay attention to what's in front of them piss me off even more xD. The amount of people who have just walked into me due to this is unreal.

In terms of cyclists, it's sometimes my own fault as I have a habit of walking down the bike lanes since they look like pavements there. In those cases, I hold my hands up and accept it was my fault, although at night time the fuckas come out of nowhere and don't even have any lights on.

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

To be fair, in this case, I would say it was her own fault. People who just walk around looking at their phone and don't pay attention to what's in front of them piss me off even more xD. The amount of people who have just walked into me due to this is unreal. The Chinese are the worst for this. They also just randomly walk out into the road without even looking.

It's sometimes my own fault as I have a habit of walking down the bike lanes since they look like pavements there. In those cases, I hold my hands up and accept it was my fault, although at night time the fuckas come out of nowhere and don't even have any lights on.

Seemed like a bit of an odd decision but will assume that witness statements might have had a lot to do with it... Considering they have spent shitloads redoing all the roads to cater for bikes which I am not against I do get fucked off when I see those ignorant fuckers that ride on the pavement while people and children are around and don't slow down at all... I am just waiting for the day one gets a bit close to me and mine doing stuff like that and I am fairly sure they will be at the very least copping a mouthful or at worst a fistfull... Some of them just ride around as if they own the fucking place and don't give two fucks about anyone else.. On the side of the biker in this case however I don't know what they can reasonably expect someone to do when people are just head down in their phone not paying attention to anything... If he was in the lane he was supposed to be in then you can't really have a go let alone force him to pay compensation... 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, José said:

After getting Neymar can they afford De ligt? There net income is already near-400 million FFS! 

Any comments on Real spending nearly £300m so far?

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

To be fair, in this case, I would say it was her own fault. People who just walk around looking at their phone and don't pay attention to what's in front of them piss me off even more xD. The amount of people who have just walked into me due to this is unreal.

In terms of cyclists, it's sometimes my own fault as I have a habit of walking down the bike lanes since they look like pavements there. In those cases, I hold my hands up and accept it was my fault, although at night time the fuckas come out of nowhere and don't even have any lights on.

You should take Raiola on the blow and sniff, he wouldn't last 5 minutes with you! You will end alot of lives! 

18 minutes ago, Panna King said:

The deal to Barca will be done once de Ligt is back from holiday in Miami. Barca are selling players now to fund the deal and make reinsurances that de Ligt will be a first team player. 

I only wish that were true mate but the latest info in Spain from Spanish radio station 'Cadena SER' is that Mino Raiola today told FC Barcelona that he won't be signing for them. De Ligt will be shuffling the proposals from Bayern, Juve and PSG.

15 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I dont know why but with that piece of info Juve seems the more likeliest of destinations for him.

I agree. But then again anything other than PSG is looking in some way forward to your career.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

I only wish that were true mate but the latest info in Spain from Spanish radio station 'Cadena SER' is that Mino Raiola today told FC Barcelona that he won't be signing for them. De Ligt will be shuffling the proposals from Bayern, Juve and PSG.

Might as well stay at Ajax! Bigger club than all them. 

22 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Might as well stay at Ajax! Bigger club than all them. 

He should stay at Ajax even before Barcelona and so should de Jong have done the same. Their last two to three years showed they were literally small details away from constantly competing for everything. This is why I say football (real football) is dead now. Ajax want to sell unfortunately!

• The title was changed to Matthijs de Ligt - Juventus Complete Signing of Dutch Defender

Archived