The better place to talk football.

Keep or Sell?

football forum

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Sell:
Slimani - won't appear to fit in Puel's plans as it looks like the manager will be staying. Isn't great with his fitness, either. Better off getting rid and cutting loses.
Musa - barely been a fan of his when he started. We're better off trying to sell him back to CSKA Moscow and making his loan permanent.
James - can't keep relying on him to be injury-free. Plus we have better midfielders in the squad anyway.
Hamer or Jakupovic - they're better off finding another club cos they're not Premier League standard, not even as back-ups. Schmeichel needs better competition.
King - it'll be with a heavy heart if he does go but he's also not Premier League standard any more. Could definitely still do a job for a Championship side aiming for promotion. 

Sell

Felix Weidwald - Flappy German Keeper responsible for far too many goals this season. Has to go.

Andy Lonergan - Experienced flappy English Keeper who again, is responsible for too many goals when called upon. Has to go.

Laurens De Bock - Dreadful panic buy from the Belgian league. Plays at left back and seemed ideal when we were short in that area but I'd rather he beft left back in the changing rooms.

Matt Pennington - Loan in from Everton and going straight back to Merseyside. Did a job now and again but is far too error prone and I'm really surprised Everton gave him a new contract. He won't do anything there.

Luke Murphy - We've shipped him out on loan the last couple season's. He has no future here, need's to find a permanent move to suit all parties.

Pawel Cibicki - Well what a pile of crap this guy is. Sick of signing unknown foreigners and looking at YouTube video's where they appear quality only to realise they are playing in what is essentially disabled leagues.

Hadi Sacko - So fast but you cannot get by just on speed. His end product is terrible, cannot cross a ball and always looks like he doesn't have control of the ball when running. Cut him lose.

Pierre-Michel Lasogga - Loan back to Hamburg and in the German second division where he probably belongs. Too overweight and lack of fitness costs him.

Marcus Antonsson - A nice guy but sometimes, nice guys just don't cut it. Had a reasonably decent loan with Blackburn but it's pretty evident he's not going to be the new Chris Wood.

Jay Roy Grot - Built like a brick shithouse, almost has the perfect physique for a striker but soft as shit and cannot hit a barndoor. We could waste a year and send him out on loan to get his confidence up but either way, he's not going to be of any benefit for us so I'd let him crack on and be a lump somewhere else.

Sell - Mignolet, Moreno, Ings, Sturridge.

Can will go on a free too which I'm not too bothered about as long as he's replaced and upgraded. Wouldn't be against Matip or Klavan going if we bring in a centre back like I hope we will

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

From the first team

Sell - Cahill, Drinkwater, Fabregas, Moses, Zappacosta, Pedro, Willian (If Martial comes the other way)

I'd keep Cahill and Moses for rotation, also depending on our formation. If we play without wingbacks than Moses is useless.

19 minutes ago, True Blue said:

I'd keep Cahill and Moses for rotation, also depending on our formation. If we play without wingbacks than Moses is useless.

Which will likely be the case if a new manager comes in. Too shite to be a winger and too limited to be a natural Right Back. 

I will always prefer Luiz over Cahill. With Cahill gone, that leaves another slot to potentially bring in an upgrade. 

3 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Agreed but first off keep Conte and back him, or sack him and get a new manager. No room for time wasting

xD

You do realise our board waited until deadline day to get a wing back right? A bloody average one at that. 

Only players I'll really want us to keep are for the next season at least are - Cech, Bellerin, Chambers, Monreal, Kolasinac, Ramsey, Xhaka, Maitland-Niles, Mkhitaryan, Welbeck, Özil and Aubameyang.

I do actually like Mustafi but I don't think he really wants to be here.

With sell I wouldn't be against any if Elneny, Iwobi, Ospina and Lacazette going. I also think Holding needs a loan and if we were offered something which I highly doubt we will, Koscielny could go for me. Wilshere also another which I think could be moved on.

We have a good squad and first eleven so it's more about bring in talent than getting rid.

Konstantin Kerschbaumer: Never really fitted in long-term and was away on loan last season, had a good period behind Scott Hogan but I don't think he suits our style anymore.

Alan Judge: I'd like to see him get a pre-season under his belt and see what happens, but he has a year left on his contract so if he doesn't renew then I'd rather see the money at this point.

Two players it is :D

Loan:

Eboue, hasn’t bled in as well as hoped and probably needs a full season being a starter somewhere like Ajer if he’s to come good.

Sell:

Compper or Simunovic. One of them along with Lustig can be decent backup but not both if a new partner for Ajer comes in.

Gamboa. Not sure if I really think he should be sold because frankly I think he’s done alright, but Rodgers seems completely unconvinced. Ultimately, unless Rodgers changes his mind totally, Gamboa will have to go if someone is going to come in as first choice RB over Lustig - or if Ralston is going to get a chance.

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/05/2018 at 13:16, Cannabis said:

image.thumb.png.17e6797075e2ef9e814e1b3cba333d12.png

Keep: Pickford, Baines, Keane, Jagielka, Bolasie, Rooney, Walcott, Tosun, Gueye, Sigurdsson, Niasse, Klaassen, Coleman, Funes Mori, Davies, Vlasic, DCL, Holgate, Kenny, Beni

Sell: Schneiderlin, Williams (cunt), Mangala, McCarthy, Stek, Joel, Garbutt, Hewelt.

Not the mass exodus you probably expected but that's as things stand now. If we bring in another centre back however then I'd be behind Mori leaving, the same goes for a striker where I would be happy to release Niasse rather than have him rotting in the reserves. Joel is out of contract for us too by the way, and it's 99.9% confirmed that he'll be off.

Interesting that Brands has come out and said that you need to sell players to raise transfer funds. Do you reckon that list could get bigger?

Keep: The players that aren't on the sell list.

Loan: Dominic Solanke - he's got potential, but he's not ready to play for us. Needs time away to develop elsewhere.

Sell: Here comes a list!

• Jon Flanagan - did you know we still had him?? I did not. He also beat his girlfriend, I'd probably just pay out his contract and let him go because I doubt anyone will want to buy him.
  • Lazar Markovic - there was some real hype from him when we signed him from Portuguese fans... and maybe there's some quality left in him somewhere. But he's got a bad attitude, showed up to Anderlecht after joining on loan severely out of shape and not even close to match fit... eventually worked his way into the team (which is commendable) and Anderlecht wanted to buy him. But he didn't want to go because they couldn't match his wages. Let him go on a free if necessary, but get him the fuck out of the club.
  • Daniel Sturridge - pains me to say it, but he's totally past it. He's crocked and I don't think he can cut it in England anymore. I think even the Championship would be too physical for him. Besiktas rumoured to be interested in him, and I think Turkey or some other weak league might be a good place to find his feet. He needs to demonstrate he can remain fit for more than a fucking minute though, so I can't imagine he goes for much. But at this point, he's on too high of wages for someone that doesn't contribute to the side.
  • Danny Ings - I feel bad for him after those 2 years of injury, but it's pretty clear he's not cut out for playing with us
  • Big Cock Divock Origi - only got one year left on his contract, and unfortunately the loan move to help him break into the World Cup squad didn't pan out because he wasn't anything special (although neither were Wolfsburg). But I think it's better to sell and get something back for him. I do think it's a shame we let him go, because I think he'd have been a better option off the bench than Ings or Solanke. He's clearly better than both of them. Alternatively, we can give him another shot and see if he can cut it before offering another contract - I guess it depends on how much he's on and how much we can get for him
  • Simon Mignolet - proven to not be good enough. He's worse than Karius and if Karius isn't good enough, Mignolet has to go.
  • Danny Ward - while he was good in the playoffs for Huddersfield, there were mixed reports on his performances prior to the playoffs. Also he couldn't beat out Karius or Mignolet this season even for the bench. Better to sell and get something for him than to hang onto a backup that lacks sufficient experience to be a No. 2 keeper.

Optional sells:

• Joel Matip - if we sign another CB, I think Matip should go. I think Klavan has demonstrated he's more competent as a squad CB (because Klavan hasn't looked that bad this season compared to Matip). Matip is injury prone and has errors in him for days.
  • Alberto Moreno - if we sign a backup LB, Moreno shouldn't be with us. Sure he improved this season, he wasn't as bad as he was the previous 2 seasons. But Andy Robertson just looked an entire different level to him, even in his first long run of good form for Liverpool.

But for both Matip and Moreno, I'm fine with them as squad options if we don't bring anyone in for those positions. And I think if we're going to bring in players for depth, the front 3 is where we'll be looking. Especially as it looks like we're going to entirely replace our starting midfield trio with Fabinho, Keita, and hopefully Fekir. The current CMs will provide us with depth there.

Archived