talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

How Long Until Chelsea Have More Trophies Than Arsenal?

54 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

I read somewhere that Man City is the English team of the decade with the league postion's and trophy haul :friends:

City 

League titles - 3

Domestic cups - 4

European Cups - 0

Chelsea

League titles - 3

Domestic cups - 4 

European Cups - 2 (CL + Europa) 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Cicero said:

City 

League titles - 3

Domestic cups - 4

European Cups - 0

Chelsea

League titles - 3

Domestic cups - 4 

But @Happy Blue is always counting those pre-season tournaments where he says Man City have beaten Real Madrid and Barcelona. :ph34r:

Add them!

On 21/05/2018 at 06:08, Happy Blue said:

City won major trophies before all the so called "big" clubs, in the early days we was the biggest club in the north west and still hold the attendance record outside of wembley, before the premier league we was bigger than united too who bought all there titles with the premier league funding they got, Liverpool won there's before the money arrived making them the biggest club in England, united was financially doped and that's the only reason they overtaken us with City now being the best team in the world we will eventually become England's biggest club again

Mate you were shit. You may well have been relegated by now. Thats football though.  Even with the extra money you are still a well run club now but don' try to pretend  city were a big club because you won things 90 years or so ago. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

City 

League titles - 3

Domestic cups - 4

European Cups - 0

Chelsea

League titles - 3

Domestic cups - 4 

Chelsea lose due to yo-yo-ing up and down the league while City have never been out the CL places, mainly 1st or 2nd making us the team of the decade R Kid B| :hh:

Just now, Happy Blue said:

Chelsea lose due to yo-yo-ing up and down the league while City have never been out the CL places, mainly 1st or 2nd making us the team of the decade R Kid B| :hh:

And yet we've somehow won more european trophies. Imagine that. 

Just now, Cicero said:

And yet we've somehow won more european trophies. Imagine that. 

Any cunt can win one of them, it's all about luck, if the game was fair we would be in the final this season   ...finishing in the top 2 of the Premier League every season is much harder as you know, bouncing up and down the table means you are not consistently good enough to be the team of the decade :D

6 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Any cunt can win one of them, it's all about luck, if the game was fair we would be in the final this season   ...finishing in the top 2 of the Premier League every season is much harder as you know, bouncing up and down the table means you are not consistently good enough to be the team of the decade :D

Must be why Barca and Real have won the last 4 :coffee:

On 5/20/2018 at 19:46, Danny said:

Probably not too long but I don't think it matters, Chelsea have very little history compared to Arsenal and no one in their right mind would see them as the bigger club. Chelsea's success is also hollow and undeserved.

Oh the pain you must feel Danny ~ Wonderful!!

2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Tell you what, i will meet you half way  ..you can be cup team of the decade, ok pal? :friends:

Except we match you on league titles and domestic cups (even though the majority of yours are league cups whereas ours are FA Cups) and we have more European titles. :what:

City won major trophies before all the so called "big" clubs, in the early days we was the biggest club in the north west and still hold the attendance record outside of wembley, before the premier league we was bigger than united too who bought all there titles with the premier league funding they got, Liverpool won there's before the money arrived making them the biggest club in England, united was financially doped and that's the only reason they overtaken us with City now being the best team in the world we will eventually become England's biggest club again

Thank God for this post, I had almost forgotten how massive Manchester City are/were/have always been.

I'm still in awe that the most massive club ever has won the same number of European trophies as Stockport County.

Just now, Cicero said:

Except we match you on league titles and domestic cups (even though the majority of yours are league cups whereas ours are FA Cups) and we have more European titles. :what:

You are way off on league points, we havent finished outside the top 4 (mostly top 2) we have been the better League team and you the better cup team 

1 minute ago, StefBWFC said:

Thank God for this post, I had almost forgotten how massive Manchester City are/were/have always been.

I'm still in awe that the most massive club ever has won the same number of European trophies as Stockport County.

Thank god for you Stef :)

On 5/21/2018 at 06:18, SirBalon said:

I know what Man City won before the oil money came in mate.  I know about those sparse glory days for Manchester City.  What I mean is that you never managed to grow organically with that at the time and you remained a "moment in history" type of club.  Do you get what I mean?

I get what you mean mate... 

Happy needs to understand.... They have some previous history, as do we, and then they had some moments of brief glory as did we, just not quite as many as us... Then we both wandered off glory road for a bit before stumbling upon the path of mediocrity, then the cash came rolling in and suddenly we were speeding full pelt down the trophy highway.... 

2 minutes ago, StefBWFC said:

Haha... Wasted on the board idiot, but an outstanding piece of humour.

2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I get what you mean mate... 

Happy needs to understand.... They have some previous history, as do we, and then they had some moments of brief glory as did we, just not quite as many as us... Then we both wandered off glory road for a bit before stumbling upon the path of mediocrity, then the cash came rolling in and suddenly we were speeding full pelt down the trophy highway.... 

We have very similar history's to be fair

Probably take at least 10 more years to possibly overhaul that. Whenever they did though, I don't think they would be top of that stat for long.

I guess it all depends how long Abramovich is happy to keep bankrolling the club. What happens after he is gone remains the biggest question.

16 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Probably take at least 10 more years to possibly overhaul that. Whenever they did though, I don't think they would be top of that stat for long.

I guess it all depends how long Abramovich is happy to keep bankrolling the club. What happens after he is gone remains the biggest question.

His son takes over 

Arsenal won the league before city. 

3 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Yeah but had already won major silverware 30 odd years before you B|

True you won the fa cup before us. Still don' change the fact that for most of your history you were smaller than us:D

11 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

True you won the fa cup before us. Still don' change the fact that for most of your history you were smaller than us:D

If we are smaller than you then how come your stadium is built from the plans of our Stadium? :ph34r:

Archived