talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Spain World Cup Squad

15269009539126.jpg

Goalkeepers: De Gea, Reina, Kepa.

Defenders: Carvajal, Odriozola, Sergio Ramos, Piqué, Nacho, Azpilicueta, Jordi Alba, Monreal.

Midfielders: Busquets, Saúl, Iniesta, Silva, Asensio, Lucas Vázquez, Koke, Thiago, Isco.

Forwards: Diego Costa, Iago Aspas, Rodrigo Moreno.

https://www.marca.com/futbol/seleccion/2018/05/21/5b02a15de5fdea31158b458f.html

https://www.rtve.es/deportes/20180521/mundial-2018-seleccion-espanola-convocatoria-espana-julen-lopetegui/1737101.shtml

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Kowabunga said:

Morata dropping out from the list is the most noticeable development, I think

Yes, I don't think he deserved to be included, honestly. We are well covered with Aspas, Costa and Rodrigo.

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Busquets, Iniesta, Silva, Asensio is one of the strongest midfields in the tournament.

I reckon it’ll be Isco instead of Asensio in the first team. Isco has been in mind blowing form for Spain. 

18 minutes ago, UNORTHODOX said:

Did anyone out of Fabregas, Morata, Alonso and Bellerin even deserve to be in that Spain squad. They have all had pretty poor seasons by their standards, especially Alonso and Fabregas.

Alonso could of been a winger option given that Spain have no width in attack. 

Spain’s width comes from their full-backs in Carvajal and Alba. That’s the way they’ve played for years. The only issue was who would be going to the tournament up front and those selected have deserved it because of their respective seasons at their clubs and also playing for Spain. The squad has been selected as it should for the first time in a long time. Everyone has earned their slot!

Now it’s about performing. You can have all the talent you like but nothing is a given in a tournament such as this one. 

• The topic was pinned

Not surprised about Bellerin, really poor season, he really has let himself down and probably needs to fuck off from Arsenal as well, seems to think he is a big star and I have seen this before with other players which his attitude, he has achieved fuck all. 

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Spain’s width comes from their full-backs in Carvajal and Alba. That’s the way they’ve played for years. The only issue was who would be going to the tournament up front and those selected have deserved it because of their respective seasons at their clubs and also playing for Spain. The squad has been selected as it should for the first time in a long time. Everyone has earned their slot!

Now it’s about performing. You can have all the talent you like but nothing is a given in a tournament such as this one. 

I've always felt that Spain still have that underachieving in them. I don't think it will happen this time personally, but we've seen it too many times in the past.

However, with this squad they need to be reaching quarters at least.

9 minutes ago, Asura said:

No Sergi Roberto?

Good utility player but Spain don't need that given they have Carvajal, Azpilicueta, and Bellerin as RB options and the sheer vast in quality they already have in midfield. 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Good utility player but Spain don't need that given they have Carvajal, Azpilicueta, and Bellerin as RB options and the sheer vast in quality they already have in midfield. 

Bellerin isn't going to the world cup. Odriozola is.

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Spain's B Team xD

Diego Costa---Rodrigo

Asensio--------------------Lucas V

Koke------Saul

Monreal----Nacho--Azpilicueta---Odriozola

Kepa

so bad they don't even have a proper CB in there :ph34r: 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Not sure about Odriozola and googled to know that he is a RB too,  based on the pick I assume he is better than Roberto then

2 hours ago, Asura said:

Not sure about Odriozola and googled to know that he is a RB too,  based on the pick I assume he is better than Roberto then

Written about him before and so has @The Rebel CRS in the past.  Infact I mentioned him in the game against Barcelona. He is a real talent and being touted by both Spanish giants (you know which two) and a few other European clubs.

20 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Written about him before and so has @The Rebel CRS in the past.  Infact I mentioned him in the game against Barcelona. He is a real talent and being touted by both Spanish giants (you know which two) and a few other European clubs.

Odriozola is amazing. He is dynamite; pace, technique, work rate, and one hell of a cross. His crossing is unreal.

Archived