talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Spain World Cup Squad

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Odriozola is amazing. He is dynamite; pace, technique, work rate, and one hell of a cross. His crossing is unreal.

His crossing is indeed extraordinary and very accurate.  He also has the knack of being accurate on the run at full pelt which is something very rare in fullbacks.  He is still raw talent though, but all the signs are there and his selection is a very smart one for everyone I think.  Haven't heard or read anyone questioning it in the media.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

His crossing is indeed extraordinary and very accurate.  He also has the knack of being accurate on the run at full pelt which is something very rare in fullbacks.  He is still raw talent though, but all the signs are there and his selection is a very smart one for everyone I think.  Haven't heard or read anyone questioning it in the media.

Fuck me on an unrelated note, I didn't know Xabi Prieto had retired. :(

29 minutes ago, Spike said:

Fuck me on an unrelated note, I didn't know Xabi Prieto had retired. :(

Yeah, a real servant for La Real and sadly occurred for him on a day when Iniesta and also Torres left their clubs. Although they did give him big pieces in the Spanish news media.

• Subscriber

That midfield is going to be a showcase in possession in attack. Isco is by far the standout player there. Watched him when they played Germany and he was literally a man possessed. Lets not put aside his showcase when they played Argentina too. He's in unreal form for the national side.

16 hours ago, UNORTHODOX said:

Did anyone out of Fabregas, Morata, Alonso and Bellerin even deserve to be in that Spain squad. They have all had pretty poor seasons by their standards, especially Alonso and Fabregas.

Fabregas on this season's form no. Morata the same but this is also considering the other options Spain have there. And Alonso is shite so no.

From Chelsea only Dave had a good season and he was consistent. Alonso was also pretty poor, with Morata starting well but not ending the season well. Fabregas probably had the worst season in his career, he was terrible in 90% of the season. 

The only question in that squad at all has to be the omission of Sergi Roberto because of his versatility.  Aside from that as I said in a previous post, all those selected have earned their place. Maybe the only one is Diego Costa because he only had half a season but due to the fact he adds a style option up front Spain don't have and probably never have had historically, then it's a good option to have.

Archived