talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Alfie Mawson - Fulham Complete £20m Deal

• Administrator
2 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

Somehow Fulham are getting these deals over the line without worrying deadline day. There is no doubt they are having a very successful window and it must make fans of Newcastle (although the Magpies did sign someone today) Burnley and Spurs for that matter, wonder what their secret is?

Since they got rid of the "owners sons best friend" they have gone from strength to strength. Plenty of time left for them to make another splash or two. I wonder if they will?

Enough to stay up yet?

good club doing business like that. Annoys me when clubs leave their business to deadline day and either get priced out of buying a player they want/need or pay way over the odds for a player. Or end up with a player that probably doesn't fit the way they play but they make a signing for the sake of it.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

Somehow Fulham are getting these deals over the line without worrying deadline day. There is no doubt they are having a very successful window and it must make fans of Newcastle (although the Magpies did sign someone today) Burnley and Spurs for that matter, wonder what their secret is?

Since they got rid of the "owners sons best friend" they have gone from strength to strength. Plenty of time left for them to make another splash or two. I wonder if they will?

Enough to stay up yet?

I doubt Spurs will be worrying that Fulham have managed to get Alfie Mawson and Mitrovic over the line before deadline day...

It does make me wonder though as last season Poch said they need to be brave in the market and well so far...

1 hour ago, Danny said:

I doubt Spurs will be worrying that Fulham have managed to get Alfie Mawson and Mitrovic over the line before deadline day...

It does make me wonder though as last season Poch said they need to be brave in the market and well so far...

The thing that gets me with Spurs is they have been accused of being the 14th club, the one that put through the new date to end the window, weeks earlier than the rest of europe. It's like they forgot, or more probably dont believe they are a big club now and this early ending will stop bigger clubs taking their players.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

good club doing business like that. Annoys me when clubs leave their business to deadline day and either get priced out of buying a player they want/need or pay way over the odds for a player. Or end up with a player that probably doesn't fit the way they play but they make a signing for the sake of it.

I agree. They are to be commended on their work so far this window. I like all their signings so far, although I have Mawson down as a rough diamond who could go either way.

1 minute ago, The Liquidator said:

The thing that gets me with Spurs is they have been accused of being the 14th club, the one that put through the new date to end the window, weeks earlier than the rest of europe. It's like they forgot, or more probably dont believe they are a big club now and this early ending will stop bigger clubs taking their players.

I can still see Levy doing a classic Levy with some average to good hype deadline day signings.

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Ha, I'm not sure how you can try to pin it on us when there are another 13 equally culpable, but we definitely did vote for the change, and they stand by it - even though it only really works if the rest of Europe follow suit. This was just the wrong year to introduce it. 

5 minutes ago, Storts said:

Ha, I'm not sure how you can try to pin it on us when there are another 13 equally culpable, but we definitely did vote for the change, and they stand by it - even though it only really works if the rest of Europe follow suit. This was just the wrong year to introduce it. 

Chelsea were one of the clubs who voted for the change as well xD - Burnley abstained; Manchester United, Manchester City, Crystal Palace, Watford, and Swansea voted against the change.

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Well I'd say what they're doing is very brave :ph34r:

Have to commend Fulham here. The signing of Seri really seems to have sparked a belief that's seen other very good players follow suit. They're led by a good manager that's been backed well with a good blend of youth and experience. Exciting times for the club.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

You moaned the other day about Fulham's transfer business xD

where? 

I remember moaning about the lack of players they'd signed so far as their squad looked a little thin. They've got through a few more deals since then and not leaving them to deadline day...

Archived