talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not easy and I found myself watching the penalties after the dismal (normal) performance hoping that another of the old men would miss so that Tedesco could be dispensed with.  I am becoming resigned to the fact that if I wait until the end of this dismal season, Ralf will be available again when he leaves RB and we can get back to sanity but by then this idiot will have spent what's left of Timo's cash on more old men in January.  It's certainly a young man's game these days (BVB, Hoffenheim etc) but only on the field not on the side (Hoffenheim being the exception)  trouble is there is a reluctance both in UK and Germany to play them regularly.  On Monday I transferred Pulisic out of my team due to lack of selection and then he does that last night - even BVB are not immune to the problem!

On 01/11/2018 at 05:49, SchalkeUK said:

It's not easy and I found myself watching the penalties after the dismal (normal) performance hoping that another of the old men would miss so that Tedesco could be dispensed with.  I am becoming resigned to the fact that if I wait until the end of this dismal season, Ralf will be available again when he leaves RB and we can get back to sanity but by then this idiot will have spent what's left of Timo's cash on more old men in January.  It's certainly a young man's game these days (BVB, Hoffenheim etc) but only on the field not on the side (Hoffenheim being the exception)  trouble is there is a reluctance both in UK and Germany to play them regularly.  On Monday I transferred Pulisic out of my team due to lack of selection and then he does that last night - even BVB are not immune to the problem!

Sigh, poor Alan. You must be the only person on this entire forum who actually anticipates the sanctuary within the international breaks.

Thanks for the sympathy (:() but the gap only extends this awful season.  Maybe I have been used to a kind of success (not at BVB or Munchkin level)  over the past seasons and to see a team of players - many of whom have talent and skill, playing as 11 single guys and, at times, seemingly unable to determine where the others are so that good opportunities are thrown away is very sad.  Breel is undoubtedly our best chance of finding the net, but he has been messed about with too many different supporters that trying to build a good understanding has been counter-productive.  Last week with young Amin it was starting to work again but we will see who gets the job or even if Breel is selected next week.  Sadly my little mate Max is being treated the same way in London and his game is suffering.  He seems to be playing by numbers rather than instinct and his desire to run as he always has is no longer apparent.  No regular situation and play with anyone and a different partner or man up front so no understanding there which comes from regular selections. He looks homesick! or even totally sick!  Problem is Tedesco and Woy are totally different in character and experience but the same problem seems to be in both places.  Hopefully David here in Yorks has started to sort out the local problem and the effort and determination last night in the PL was great - so was the final result.  Just shows what can be achieved if the players really believe in the boss!

• 2 months later...

Not to worry - I have not booked for the game as 04 is at about the worst level it has been for 10 years! With only kids any good as strikers it would not be surprising if Tedesco recalled Naldo to play at No 9 if he could and Herr Drobny will have a rest day with zilch/nihil/nowt/rien to do.  My Joan has also taken pity on me and booked for Lanzarote at the beginning of March so I can miss the game at Manchester  and the pain that will cause.  Please, Tommy, do me a favour - a good win for you could help get rid of out main problem!

Guten Abend Norbert!  At least the ARD pictures are fine here in UK and Dortmund/Werder is getting ready.  Hope nudge is with us - you never know BVB might (??) slip up and tomorrow Bayern are the TV choice - 04 and Dusseldorf will have to wait unless the Slovenia TV pictures are OK.  Whatever happens - good luck meine Freunde/Freundin:D

• Subscriber

I'm not sure it's a good idea to stay up until 5am on a Tuesday night to watch us getting annihilated by BVB but well, here I am...

Heidenheim just beat Leverkusen 2-1 :D I'd say what an upset but then it's Leverkusen after all...

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

I'm not sure it's a good idea to stay up until 5am on a Tuesday night to watch us getting annihilated by BVB but well, here I am...

Heidenheim just beat Leverkusen 2-1 :D I'd say what an upset but then it's Leverkusen after all...

Your buddies in Hamburg beat a top tier team, surely that's an upset. :ph34r:

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, nudge said:

Well you're ahead after 5 mins :D 

2 seconds left to mplay and a free kick - Reus does what Reus does and sickens all the green men - 1-1.  BVB not able to penetrate the Bremen defence but if Jaydon is used to run at them with pace and control there is lots of room behind the two lines of defence - no one on the BVB side (perhaps except a little bit of Witzel) is able to do that!   Will be interesting to see if the change is made after half time!

• The topic was unpinned

Archived