talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Philipp Max - Linked to Premier League Clubs

The Augsburg left-back was one of the hottest commodities in the January transfer window with both Manchester clubs, Tottenham, Liverpool and Everton all reportedly chasing his signature.

Yet he remained in Germany and finished the season with 12 assists, the most across defenders in Europe's top five leagues and just two shy of Thomas Muller at the top of the Bundesliga rankings.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've already got a fullback with three first names (TAA), might as well grab one with 2 first names as well for the collection.

The way Andy Robertson has played this season, this lad would have to be one hell of a leftback to displace him. And if that's the case, then he's incredible and I welcome this. And if this means that Moreno is leaving to seek more first team football and we need a backup for Andy that'll be able to still challenge for a spot... then cool.

But I can't imagine us wanting to get pulled into a bidding war with the Manchester Clubs, Spurs, or an Everton eager to show that they're ambitious and paying too much for a position that isn't high priority for us. Andy Robertson has been one of the bargains of the season and has been outstanding.

• Administrator
38 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

We've already got a fullback with three first names (TAA), might as well grab one with 2 first names as well for the collection.

I think you deserve Jamie Oliver. 

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived