• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
The Palace Fan

Famara Diedhiou Banned Six Games for Spitting

Recommended Posts

Bristol City striker Famara Diedhiou has been suspended for six matches for spitting at a Birmingham player during a match in April.

The Senegal international had denied spitting an the opponent in the 52nd minute of the Championship match on April 10, but was found guilty of the charge by an independent regulatory commission.

The 25-year-old joined City from French side Angers last summer and scored 13 times in the Championship in his debut season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I the only one that thinks six games is lenient for what is, probably one of the most disgusting things you can do to somebody?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Am I the only one that thinks six games is lenient for what is, probably one of the most disgusting things you can do to somebody?

What would you suggest is a more acceptable punishment?

I think six games is more than right when you consider what you get for everything else. It's a very disrespectful act and obviously it shouldn't be tolerated.

But there is a stigma attached to spitting which I don't think means it's entirely worthy of being an extra five or six games worse than someone that intentially goes out to hurt an opponent like a coward, call a racist remark or even cheat. 

More to the point, why is it so vilified when other, not entirely dissimilar, activities are barely even noticed. Foul language, for example, is surely more wounding of a victim and is very much seen by innocent young fans watching on television. Players have no respect for the referee's for example, they have no right to swear at them but they do it and get away with it.

Six games is more than enough time for a player to realise what they have done, learn from it and come back knowing they can never do that again.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Lucas said:

What would you suggest is a more acceptable punishment?

I think six games is more than right when you consider what you get for everything else. It's a very disrespectful act and obviously it shouldn't be tolerated.

But there is a stigma attached to spitting which I don't think means it's entirely worthy of being an extra five or six games worse than someone that intentially goes out to hurt an opponent like a coward, call a racist remark or even cheat. 

More to the point, why is it so vilified when other, not entirely dissimilar, activities are barely even noticed. Foul language, for example, is surely more wounding of a victim and is very much seen by innocent young fans watching on television. Players have no respect for the referee's for example, they have no right to swear at them but they do it and get away with it.

Six games is more than enough time for a player to realise what they have done, learn from it and come back knowing they can never do that again.

Yeah for me a deliberate roy Keane style career ending tackle is much worse. And don' get me started on referees. I've said it before football should be like rugby in my opinion. You have to respect the person in charge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Givin em the whole gullit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disappointing to hear this really. If he'd have been fully fit for the entire season, he'd have easily have finished top scorer IMO.

Spitting is vile, and if this did happen (no video evidence has been released) he's an absolute pillock 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

see how double standard the football governing bodies are.     here we have a player being punished for something he has done a month ago and it was "only" for spitting and he receives a 6 match ban ....................................... in the meantime, Sergio Ramos applying some near career ending injury to Salah is left unnoticed and was "only" considered a football/tackle incident.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, bozziovai said:

see how double standard the football governing bodies are.     here we have a player being punished for something he has done a month ago and it was "only" for spitting and he receives a 6 match ban ....................................... in the meantime, Sergio Ramos applying some near career ending injury to Salah is left unnoticed and was "only" considered a football/tackle incident.

 

Think you've exaggerated that ever so slightly...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, BounceAroundTheGround said:

Think you've exaggerated that ever so slightly...

it sounds exaggerated now that Salah wasn't injured that much, but looking at that "tackle" again ................. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

it sounds exaggerated now that Salah wasn't injured that much, but looking at that "tackle" again ................. 

it's not. he's not ripped his arm off. He's not gone out to break his arm in several places or anything like that.

When I look at it, on the first viewing or all the replays since, I wondered what all the clamour was and wondered why there were calls for red card to be shown. Ridiculous shout. Yes Ramos has played a part in his injury but 1) it's not career-ending and 2) it's just a very, very awkward landing.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement