Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Leon Balogun Joins Brighton from Mainz on Free Transfer

On 5/23/2018 at 17:28, The Palace Fan said:

Any of the Germans know anything about him?

Honestly, when he was playing in our reserves a few years back, I didn't think he'd become a regular Bundesliga player, let alone get a move to the Premier League. Kudos for working hard and ending up with a respectable career, in the end.

It's still a weird transfer, in my opinion. Surely just one for the depth of the squad? He was mostly a sub at Mainz, and is a mediocre defender, quite limited in most aspects except physical strength maybe.

8 hours ago, nudge said:

Honestly, when he was playing in our reserves a few years back, I didn't think he'd become a regular Bundesliga player, let alone get a move to the Premier League. Kudos for working hard and ending up with a respectable career, in the end.

It's still a weird transfer, in my opinion. Surely just one for the depth of the squad? He was mostly a sub at Mainz, and is a mediocre defender, quite limited in most aspects except physical strength maybe.

Quite surprised to hear that. Chris Houghton is quite specific with his overseas targets.