talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gianluigi Donnarumma - Liverpool Linked

A regular between the posts for AC Milan since making his debut as a 16-year-old, Donnarumma is regarded as one of the most-gifted young players in football.

Still only 19, the goalkeeper has five senior caps for Italy - with whom he is tipped to succeed Gianluigi Buffon as the undisputed No 1 - and has racked up 125 career appearances for Milan. An ever-present for the Rossoneri in Serie A this season, Donnarumma demonstrated his sound passing ability and ranked second among keepers in the Italian top flight for accurate passes (837) this term.

What makes Donnarumma stand out as one of Europe's finest goalkeepers, though, is his phenomenal shot-stopping ability. Although he stands a towering 6ft 5ins, the teenager is agile and capable of pulling off breathtaking reflex saves. Despite Milan's inconsistency, Donnarumma can be content with his contribution, keeping 12 clean sheets and averaging 2.39 saves per 90.

With Milan having missed out on Champions League qualification, reports claim Liverpool are readying a £40m player-plus-cash swoop for the goalkeeping wonderkid.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Panna King said:

I wouldnt even go anywhere near him,  he makes so many mistakes,  they are looking for a solid keeper, its not really an improvement to what they already have, he needs to develop at Milan. 

Yeah, massively overrated.

I don't think we should be spending big money on a keeper until we address other issues we have with outfielders in the squad. I'd prefer we keep developing Karius & sign a backup with experience. Finding someone better than Mignolet shouldn't cost too much money, but I don't think we should be blowing a huge wad of money on a keeper. At least not at this stage, we've got other issues.

We need quality in depth. So either bringing in players that'll push current starters to the bench or players that aren't such a massive drop off in quality to the rest of the squad. Currently, we've got 2 wingers in a system that's super dependent on our quick and tricky wingers. Depth for our front 3, and more quality/depth in the midfield, are MUCH more pressing issues than spending big money on a keeper imo.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived