talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

AC Milan Facing European Ban

football forum

AC Milan are in danger of being banned from European competition for breaching financial fair play rules after their case was referred to the adjudicatory chamber of UEFA's club financial control body.

The 18-time Serie A champions have been under the regulatory body's microscope ever since Chinese investors Rossoneri Sport bought them for more than £600million in April 2017, with the scrutiny increasing when they spent more than £200m on players last summer.

The club had hoped to make a voluntary agreement with UEFA to restructure their finances but that was rejected in December, and the investigatory chamber of the club financial control body [CFCB] has now decided to escalate the matter.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went on and on about their signings last summer.  They literally threw money around in a manner like it was some sort of console game.  It's sad to see a situation such as this but it does teach many a lesson or two about the pitfalls of managing things properly.

• Administrator
42 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I went on and on about their signings last summer.  They literally threw money around in a manner like it was some sort of console game.  It's sad to see a situation such as this but it does teach many a lesson or two about the pitfalls of managing things properly.

I don't think their signings were all too bad (42m Euros for Bonucci aside). But they needed some investment. Just they rushed it and put some square pegs in round holes.

Andrea Conti was a good signing from Atalanta. Ricardo Rodriguez has often been one of Milan's better players. Andre Silva only 21, clearly one for the future. Likewise for Franck Kessie. Lucas Biglia, although 31, was a shrewd signing to help that midfield and was an improvement on Montolivo I think.

And while we're in Italy, the phrase 'Rome wasn't built in a day' comes to mind with Milan. They've still got players like Niang and Lapadula to come back. I think they're good enough for the Milan squad. No doubt there'll be more investment. 

Gattuso's only had about 6 months to make his mark and I think he's done alright. If I remember correctly, they were about 8th or 9th when he took over? He's helped take them to a modest 6th spot and a place in Europe next season too (maybe?). What more could he have done in such a short time?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's going under the radar right but the SPL deserve serious credit for the way they set there league back half a decade to prove a moral point at Rangers out of principal. Italian football doesn't need a crap Milan side but they're hanging on to a false hope. The same bottlerag shit job with Juventus in 2006 has set a false precedent ignoring the fact that investment would be exactly the same if Juve went down another two league's.

Archived