talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Salomon Rondon Completes Loan Move to Newcastle

Well that's it. Football is fucked.

Atletico Madrid and Internazionale are interested in signing West Brom striker Salomon Rondon, Sky Sports News understands.

West Ham are also keen on the Venezuelan striker, who played under new manager Manuel Pellegrini at Malaga.

But the Hammers will face competition from abroad for a player who has a £16m release clause in his WBA contract following their relegation.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Salomon Rondon is a very good forward, he is a down step from Griezmann but he is still good enough for either side. He's done extraodinarly for Venezuela and needs to play in less primitive tactics than what he had at West Brom, as well as more quality around him.

His record is pretty decent everywhere... except at West Brom where he looks comically terrible.

Considering his form in Spain before, it's not the worst decision in the world for a Spanish club to be interested. It's a massive step down from Griezmann though. Especially if you want to consider recent form... because with recent form Rondon looks totally shite.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Not quite Atletico and Inter, but could stay in England now?

Chelsea, Spurs & West Ham linked...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-tottenham-west-ham-battling-12651707

West Brom boss Darren Moore is trying to keep his squad together to ensure they go straight back up to the Premier League.

The Baggies are set to lose Salomon Rondon who has a £16m buy-out clause with West Ham, Chelsea and Tottenham all interested in the striker.

Jonny Evans is also set to go as he has a £3m escape clause in his contract but his £85,000-a-week wages could be a stumbling block.

There has also been strong Premier League interest in West Brom’s former Arsenal left back Kieran Gibbs and they may struggle to resist bids to keep him.

• The title was changed to Salomon Rondon - Linked With 3 London Clubs
  • 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Rondon linked with Newcastle now. He's exactly the type of limited Striker that @Harvsky and @Rafa Beneathus will take the piss out of on here but also have a real soft spot for.

It's dead already. According to the local press in West Brom we pissed the baggies off by making a loan bid for Rondon when he is in the last year of his contract. 

It's quite tiring how bad we are at making deals. Plea went to Gladbach after Nice told us to go fuck ourselves for dragging the whole thing out with low bids.

12 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

It's dead already. According to the local press in West Brom we pissed the baggies off by making a loan bid for Rondon when he is in the last year of his contract. 

It's quite tiring how bad we are at making deals. Plea went to Gladbach after Nice told us to go fuck ourselves for dragging the whole thing out with low bids.

What always sticks out in my mind was your description of deadline day last summer. Newcastle had an offer for Targett rejected, so instead of going for another player or making a new bid they just turned the lights off, locked up the doors, and had all gone home just after lunch xD

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

What always sticks out in my mind was your description of deadline day last summer. Newcastle had an offer for Targett rejected, so instead of going for another player or making a new bid they just turned the lights off, locked up the doors, and had all gone home just after lunch xD

And it will happen again.

I'm not asking for us to be like Harry Redknapp in the market, but we won't get away with financial conservatism forever.

Knowing our luck Rafa will get nothing, walk away in the next 12 months and we will give Mick McCarthy £75m to spend. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/07/2018 at 23:54, Harvsky said:

I'm not asking for us to be like Harry Redknapp in the market, but we won't get away with financial conservatism forever.

Knowing our luck Rafa will get nothing, walk away in the next 12 months and we will give Mick McCarthy £75m to spend. 

I Imagine with the extra £22m from the Mitrovic deal you'll be able to put in a more reasonable offer now.

On 17/07/2018 at 23:54, Harvsky said:

Bring back pardrew :ph34r:

Rafa never really signed a prolific striker for us til Torres tbh. Even his Valencia had the goals spread out around lots of people than having John Carew light up the league with goals. *edit* I guess Mista was decent.

Sounds like Gayle going the other way. 

Not sure about this. In goals return it seems like for like.

I guess we are just swapping around hoping someone lands well. The problem last season was that we lost 1-0 something like 14 times. A goal threat would be nice.

On 7/29/2018 at 17:59, The Palace Fan said:

I Imagine with the extra £22m from the Mitrovic deal you'll be able to put in a more reasonable offer now.

One of the SkySports journalists said Rafa won't be getting that money. We've made a £32m profit so far and are trying to loan Condom,.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

One of the SkySports journalists said Rafa won't be getting that money. We've made a £32m profit so far and are trying to loan Condom,.

West Brom don't want it back after it's used...:55_frowning:

Sky sources understand a Dwight Gayle-Salomon Rondon swap deal is close to completion.

Sky Sports News understands the clubs have verbally come to an agreement that will see Newcastle pay a £2m loan fee for the Venezuelan and Gayle moving to West Brom.  

The deal would be a straight loan swap for the season with both players returning to their parent clubs next summer.

• The title was changed to Salomon Rondon Completes Loan Move to Newcastle

Archived