talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mario Balotelli - Where To Next?

Available on a free transfer. Had his most prolific season. His daughter lives in Naples. 

More logic putting this rumour together than actual 'In the know' information. 

He'd need a strong manager to take on the challenge. And more importantly, a strong dressing room to set the tone for him.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Palace Fan said:

All seems to make sense. It's a shame in a way he's not staying where he actually looks settled given his previous.

With Lucien Favre moving on, it might not be as great for him next season to stay. Who knows what their next manager will be like with him.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

He scores goals. We can't score goals. It will end badly but I'd take the punt deal depending.

I doubt we will get a deal done though. We might have showed interest but this isn't a club that is any good at getting deals over the line.

He won't last long here either on a personal level. At least at Nice he can live his playboy lifestyle down the road in Monaco. 

Where's he going to open up his fast car here? The A69 to Carlisle?

5 hours ago, Harvsky said:

He scores goals. We can't score goals. It will end badly but I'd take the punt deal depending.

I doubt we will get a deal done though. We might have showed interest but this isn't a club that is any good at getting deals over the line.

He won't last long here either on a personal level. At least at Nice he can live his playboy lifestyle down the road in Monaco. 

Where's he going to open up his fast car here? The A69 to Carlisle?

He's scored no goals in ten games this season for Nice...and before being frozen out by Vieira didn't even look like he could be bothered trying. I don't know why anyone would want him anymore...he should just fuck off to China or something.

32 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

He's scored no goals in ten games this season for Nice...and before being frozen out by Vieira didn't even look like he could be bothered trying. I don't know why anyone would want him anymore...he should just fuck off to China or something.

He banged them in before Vieira, coincidence? :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

He banged them in before Vieira, coincidence? :ph34r:

I'd say he'd have the same problems under Rafa though. He'd be asked to put a shift in and Rafa would take no shit from him...he'd end up sulking and not putting any effort in.

3 hours ago, ...Dan said:

I'd say he'd have the same problems under Rafa though. He'd be asked to put a shift in and Rafa would take no shit from him...he'd end up sulking and not putting any effort in.

True. Rumour is dead already anyway xD

17 hours ago, ...Dan said:

It would be interesting to see what he would tweet about the owner though...

• 6 months later...

According to Di Marzio, Balotelli is in talks to join Flamengo. 

That´d be great fit for all parties. Balotelli would be idolized by Flamengo´s fans like he´s never been before in his career and he´d love life in Rio, and on the other hand, Flamengo would get a striker they´ve been missing since Adriano. 

5 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

According to Di Marzio, Balotelli is in talks to join Flamengo. 

That´d be great fit for all parties. Balotelli would be idolized by Flamengo´s fans like he´s never been before in his career and he´d love life in Rio, and on the other hand, Flamengo would get a striker they´ve been missing since Adriano. 

What’s this sudden upturn in the Brazilian league signing Europeans mate?

Just now, SirBalon said:

What’s this sudden upturn in the Brazilian league signing Europeans mate?

Not sure if this is a really thing or if it´s just a coincidence. 

Yes, clubs like Palmeiras and Flamengo have made large organizational improvements and in finances the last few years, and now can offer big salaries in order to attract and or keep players.

On the other hand, we´ve also seen such a boom in the beginning of the decade and it ended up being only a short trend, when the likes of Forlán and Seedorf joined brazilian clubs, so I´m kinda skeptical. 

The most interesting case is the Pablo Marí signing. Young spanish defender, who´s recently joined Flamengo. Perhaps, brazilian clubs can offer an interesting alternative to european players in small or mid-table clubs.

A bigger salary, the chance to win titles and be part of a huge club. In the case of Marí, for example, in just 2 weeks at Flamengo, he went from 9k followers on Instagram to 250k followers. Playing in a big brazilian club gives you huge exposure, if you´re willling to live in Brazil, which not every european player - understandably - is.

• The topic was locked

Archived