talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Álvaro Morata - AC Milan Interested

• Administrator

Possibly returning to Juve despite Chelsea only signing him from Real Madrid last summer for a big fee of approximately £60m.

Alvaro Morata signed for Chelsea from Real Madrid in the summer for a fee in the region of €66 million.

The Spanish striker hasn’t exactly adjusted to life in English football and hasn’t quite won over the Chelsea fans.

Morata scored 6 goals in his opening 6 Premier League games but the goals started to dry up after his hat trick against Stoke on the 23rd September.

The 25 year old has averaged a goal every 3 games which isn’t exactly a terrible record but the Chelsea fans have grown tired of the forward due to the amount of chances that he spurns.

Morata began his professional career at Real Madrid but signed for Juventus after his first full season.

After 2 years at the Old Lady, Morata returned to Real Madrid only to leave for Stamford Bridge after 10 months.

Now, Juventus want their striker back.

Morata is so desperate to leave Chelsea that he will accept a massive pay cut to return to Juventus. (According to Calcio Mercato)

Morata currently earns around €9 million per year at Chelsea whilst Juventus’s highest earner, Gonzalo Higuain, receives around €7.5 million.

Juventus wouldn’t be able to pay anywhere near as much as the sum that Chelsea paid for Morata and it is quite likely that they will take Morata on loan with an option to buy the striker.

Juventus’s CEO Beppe Marotta refused to rule out the potential re-signing of Morata ahead of his side’s game against Bologna at the weekend.

Morata is now Chelsea’s second choice striker since The Blues signed Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud in January.

At Real Madrid, Morata was always behind Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema in the Real Madrid pecking order but at Juventus, Morata was always number one.

Morata could form a new brilliant partnership with Gonzalo Higuain and the two former Real Madrid forwards could become the most unstoppable strike force in Italy.

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/chelsea-striker-alvaro-morata-agrees-personal-terms-juventus/

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Highly doubtful considering we paid 58 mill for him, he can't go on loan and Juventus doesn't pay that much. They did buy Higuain but still paying for him. Needs another season, his injuries weren't helping and his ratio of missing clinical chances were the downfall of his season. Overall isn't terrible as people suggest, but needs to adapt soon and needs to score the chances he has been given. Will the board risk and start him and Giroud for another season time will tell, it will surely by a gamble. He made a total od 44 appearances and scored 14 goals, he was a sub in 15 of those games. His 2017 wasn't too shabby, after those misses in the 2-2 draw against Arsenal he managed only two goals in 2018, but could have easily managed double figures with the 100% chances he had. 

23 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Highly doubtful considering we paid 58 mill for him, he can't go on loan and Juventus doesn't pay that much. They did buy Higuain but still paying for him. Needs another season, his injuries weren't helping and his ratio of missing clinical chances were the downfall of his season. Overall isn't terrible as people suggest, but needs to adapt soon and needs to score the chances he has been given. Will the board risk and start him and Giroud for another season time will tell, it will surely by a gamble. He made a total od 44 appearances and scored 14 goals, he was a sub in 15 of those games. His 2017 wasn't too shabby, after those misses in the 2-2 draw against Arsenal he managed only two goals in 2018, but could have easily managed double figures with the 100% chances he had. 

He's never been clinical though has he? Didn't realise this until I checked his goalscoring stats. He's about a 1 in 3 kind of player really isn't he?

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

He's never been clinical though has he? Didn't realise this until I checked his goalscoring stats. He's about a 1 in 3 kind of player really isn't he?

No he wasn't but the chances he was delivered even a less clinical striker would bag.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Why babes

cos of how many times he's assisted Morata with the same kind of goal this season xD 

Think it's just paper talk. Juve can fuck well and truly off given they never even considered selling Sandro to us whilst we gave them Cuadrado. 

Ideally, Morata, Giroud, and Batshuayi is a good striking trio for next season. Invest the money in the midfield. 

He hasn't been that bad, next season will be the real time to judge him.

On antics alone, I'd take Costa's moaning and whatever over Morata's. Morata reminds you of a bitter, miserable old woman that is constantly moaning about something, handbag sort of stuff. I would have a guess that these big Premier League centre backs have also noticed that and played on this side of his football personality. Never have I seen a player pick up so many needless yellow cards, he's genuinely worse than Costa in that regard. Funny to see Morata's wife also commenting on this side of his on the pitch personality.

5 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

On antics alone, I'd take Costa's moaning and whatever over Morata's. Morata reminds you of a bitter, miserable old woman that is constantly moaning about something, handbag sort of stuff. I would have a guess that these big Premier League centre backs have also noticed that and played on this side of his football personality. Never have I seen a player pick up so many needless yellow cards, he's genuinely worse than Costa in that regard. Funny to see Morata's wife also commenting on this side of his on the pitch personality.

And that description also reminds one of a Member here too  9_9

He's only been in teams that are known for being dominant against most sides and even then his scoring record wasn't great. To be honest him scoring 15 in a team that isn't dominant is probably his best showing in his career.

Don't know if his non-scoring abilities make up for it, Chelsea fans are better placed to answer that question.

1 hour ago, Berserker said:

Shame how shitty Chelsea are right now, but i wouldn't have minded if Higuain went there a couple seasons ago when they were actually decent.

Thank the heavens we have you're blessing.

On 5/7/2018 at 15:24, Cicero said:

Think it's just paper talk. Juve can fuck well and truly off given they never even considered selling Sandro to us whilst we gave them Cuadrado. 

Ideally, Morata, Giroud, and Batshuayi is a good striking trio for next season. Invest the money in the midfield. 

Agreed on this but depending on the manager if we keep playing with only one striker it could be a problem for game time. The rumors still around the shit sources, but where is smoke there is fire, wouldn't sell him to Juventus. Actually i would 100 mill easy, just like they wanted over 60 for Sandro fair deal.

• The title was changed to Álvaro Morata - Could He Leave Chelsea?
On 8 May 2018 at 21:39, carefreeluke said:

Costa was perfect for Conte's brand of football. But then as Cicero has pointed out, Costa did go sort of missing in second halves of seasons which is a bit weird as he didn't have this issue at Atlético Madrid (Infact quite the opposite). It's a shame both Conte and Costa fell out.

As for Morata... His final season at Real Madrid (let's be fair, with their first team, he was never going to win a first team place), his goal scoring record was brilliant and the most important factor about Morata is that he's a big game player and shows up with extremely important goals. That last detail for clubs that are looking to compete for honours is something that doesn't grow on trees and it's those big games in the final stints of a season where you need players to show up. The issues that has to be looked at is his consistency because it should be there.

• 2 weeks later...

The latest if the rumours are to be believed is that Gonzalo Higuaín could be on his way to Paris Saint-Germain to replace Cavani and for Morata to replace Higuaín at Juventus.  What a merrygoaround football seems to be these days.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived