talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mauricio Pochettino Signs New Contract With Spurs

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Storts said:

Not at all - it’s just an easy card to play because there’s so many of you on here. 

Nothing rattled about it - just have to put him back in his place, because you read all the time the delusions - yet as I have stated many times, we continue to finish above you, we both win the same ... nothing, and yet only one of us seems to get stick for it due to the nature of the media as it is composed, and narrowly on this forum the composition of members vastly on your favour. 

As I said after your win after Roma, I throughly enjoy the football you play, was pretty glowing in praise, what I can’t stand are Liverpool fans like Madlad, FOYM, Mike etc. who cannot form a sensible opinion when LFC are involved - don’t get me started on the pathetic nature of your social media generation, the petitions on Ramos,  the phone in calls, the lynch mob and still unable to let go the game at Anfield between us this season. I could go on but there is no club like yours and you may not see it but it degrades you as a club imo. 

I throughly enjoy being able to debate football properly - particularly as we have two sides so similar at the moment, but quite often it’s just not possible with the drivel that is served up. 

You keep bringing up the league finishes but where have they got you in either European competition? At least we've managed to have a proper go in both and not fall at the first or second knock out hurdle. Not to mention some of the unreal nights we've experienced along the way.

I'm far from biased where Liverpool are concerned, been critical of them many a time on here and the old forum. What I won't accept is some Spurs fan almost looking down on us because of a few league finishes that have got them nowhere

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

You keep bringing up the league finishes but where have they got you in either European competition? At least we've managed to have a proper go in both and not fall at the first or second knock out hurdle. Not to mention some of the unreal nights we've experienced along the way.

I'm far from biased where Liverpool are concerned, been critical of them many a time on here and the old forum. What I won't accept is some Spurs fan almost looking down on us because of a few league finishes that have got them nowhere

And what have you won? A proper go is great and everything but it means nothing in the grand scheme of things as we are constantly reminded. It's far harder to do it consistently in the league than string a few wins together in the cup.

Not looking down on you at all - I'm pretty complimentary on the whole - what needs to be addressed however is this notion that you're somehow a better team than us and better equipped going forward. I've been hearing the same thing for so long - yet you continue to finish below us.

Only one team seems to be criticised for not winning trophies - yet we are both in exactly the same position. Good entertaining football teams that struggle to compete with the financial giants at the top. For me, it's all about the narrative - and all you hear when it comes to us is Liverpool fans trying to belittle us and degrade our standing - yet the reality is in the modern game we are extremely similar, both failing to achieve our ultimate goals - yet we are far more consistent over a long period of games currently. 

37 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I seriously can't wait for next season. 

These debates are gonna be so funny.

I'm debating that Liverpool should be judged as a big club, not because of their history but because of the hype and good press their manager and team get with very little criticism when Liverpool fail. The only way of proving me wrong is if Liverpool only just about make top 4 and get actually criticised for it. If that's what you're looking forward to, then okay... To be honest I don't think you'll receive much criticism even if you finish outside the top 4. The most we'd get is "I don't know how that's happened, Liverpool are a better side than those teams".

20 minutes ago, Storts said:

Case in point @Dr. Gonzo

I mean I see what he's saying to a degree, he's just doing it in a way that getting under your skin. And I think he's doing that because he's getting bites.

He's not saying you're as good as Stoke, just that we don't really have a rivalry with you at all. Like it's nothing personal between our clubs or anything, but I'm just not fussed if we do better or worse than Spurs. Whereas I always want is to do better than Everton and United - and those clubs + the championship are sort of like the barometer that I and a lot of other fans gauge our season by.

You're obviously more relevant to us than Stoke because we're in more direct competition in the league. And you're obviously much better than them because you're a good side that plays good football. But I get what he's saying to an extent.

But I also think he's casting out his reel, personally.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I mean I see what he's saying to a degree, he's just doing it in a way that getting under your skin. And I think he's doing that because he's getting bites.

He's not saying you're as good as Stoke, just that we don't really have a rivalry with you at all. Like it's nothing personal between our clubs or anything, but I'm just not fussed if we do better or worse than Spurs. Whereas I always want is to do better than Everton and United - and those clubs + the championship are sort of like the barometer that I and a lot of other fans gauge our season by.

You're obviously more relevant to us than Stoke because we're in more direct competition in the league. And you're obviously much better than them because you're a good side that plays good football. But I get what he's saying to an extent.

But I also think he's casting out his reel, personally.

I wasn’t referring to the Stoke line at all - that was just juvenile and easy to ignore.

The first line, which genuinely believes, is exactly what I am referring to. You can’t  get any semblance of debate going with someone so simple 

13 minutes ago, 6666 said:

I'm debating that Liverpool should be judged as a big club, not because of their history but because of the hype and good press their manager and team get with very little criticism when Liverpool fail. The only way of proving me wrong is if Liverpool only just about make top 4 and get actually criticised for it. If that's what you're looking forward to, then okay... To be honest I don't think you'll receive much criticism even if you finish outside the top 4. The most we'd get is "I don't know how that's happened, Liverpool are a better side than those teams".

So what we're just supposed to start baying for our managers head after making progress bit by bit, season by season?

Just because the media aren't being impatient dickheads for once, doesn't mean that's the right thing to do.

Just now, Storts said:

I wasn’t referring to the Stoke line at all - that was just juvenile and easy to ignore.

The first line, which genuinely believes, is exactly what I am referring to. You can get any semblance of debate going with someone so simple 

I mean he's a Liverpool fan, of course he thinks that. I also bet Evertonians think they're hot shit compared to the likes of Burnley.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I mean he's a Liverpool fan, of course he thinks that. I also bet Evertonians think they're hot shit compared to the likes of Burnley.

It’s just completely untrue though and when we continue to finish above you whilst winning the same - Im going to call it out. 

On your point though - they may well, but that’s not the sort of person you can actually talk football with and debate, people so caught up in their delusions that they cannot engage properly. It’s pointless.  

5 hours ago, Storts said:

It’s just completely untrue though and when we continue to finish above you whilst winning the same - Im going to call it out. 

On your point though - they may well, but that’s not the sort of person you can actually talk football with and debate, people so caught up in their delusions that they cannot engage properly. It’s pointless.  

Oh he wants a proper grown up debate now he's back from his fishing trip!

Storts  - the king of fishing - actually spitting his dummy out because he's been caught hook, line and sinker xD

12 hours ago, Storts said:

This is rich coming from you. About 80% of your posts on this forum are complete drivel. You do barely anything but 'bait' people. Case in point your posts in here. You can try and back track now but you've done nothing but look down on Liverpool as if you're above us. 

Let's see what the future holds anyways. Personally,  I would prefer to hand the manager that doesn't flirt with the idea of leaving, the owners who have been able to make our stadium bigger while maintaining competitiveness in the transfer market, and who are willing to pay players more than the minimum wage.

Your club has a lot going for it, but if Levy continues to be a tightarse with the purse strings (don't tell me you don't have money to spend, you've been a regular in the top 4/5 for years. If levy hasn't taken advantage of that commercially then it's a joke) then you will continue to float about the top four without ever really challenging for anything. 

So go on, tell us again that top four and a champions league final isn't progress from last season. Our team has been slowly but surely built into one of the most exciting and effective sides in europe. Fair enough we lost, but we will learn from those mistakes and come back stronger. 

Well...I was going to comment and get the thread back on track but then I realised, no one actually gives a flying fuck what I'd say on topic xD

I'll stick to spectating. Carry on ladies.

9 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Tell me about it Brother. That's why I left the forum prior to the CL final, because I couldn't handle the same lot here... Telling them facts and why they were going to lose and all they could shout was trolling

Is it so hard to ask for a decent debate? 

Really? It had nothing to do with Conte outclassing Mourinho by chance? 

49 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Tell me about it Brother. That's why I left the forum prior to the CL final, because I couldn't handle the same lot here... Telling them facts and why they were going to lose and all they could shout was trolling

Is it so hard to ask for a decent debate? 

When I that part of @Storts I thought "lol but he doesn't seem to mind @Teso dos Bichos" but it's even funnier if you're going to jump in at that.

But don't dish it out if you can't take it lads.

Honestly seems like you 2 like to fish, but if you nibble onto a hook you take it super & hilariously personally. Especially when Liverpool is involved for some reason - which is odd because, only one of you is a United fan... and he's got no real reason to dislike Scousers as people other than being told he has to by the internet. But that's not a good reason to dislike a group of people. At least with English people, we know that quite a people will irrationally hate us/judge the fuck out of just based off the sound of our accents. Not that that's a good reason, but when have we Brits ever needed a good reason to hate?

I can think of other theories, but there's no point and it's all just speculation. Either way it's clear you don't like us and it's clear there are some things we can say that will just have you triggered.

I haven't done it in this thread, but I've definitely done it before. And then giggled relentlessly at the fury and fine that inevitably follows. And that second part, @LFCMadLad succeeded in getting me to do on here

Either way there's plenty of good debates on here. And funny fishing posts & reactions. Some of which are in this thread.

6 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

:dam: nah i couldn't remember my password (had to contact Stan via messenger) but I also needed a break from the Liverpool lot....notice how desperate they are, hid for a few days and jump on the first Spurs related thread....they just can't fanthom that Spurs is In better shape squad wise and coach wise. 

So, you magically forgot your password after United's FA Cup defeat at the hands of Antonio Conte, And you ironically show up when Real win the Champions League. :congrats:

How utterly and unsurprisingly convenient. 

43 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

:dam: nah i couldn't remember my password (had to contact Stan via messenger) but I also needed a break from the Liverpool lot....notice how desperate they are, hid for a few days and jump on the first Spurs related thread....they just can't fanthom that Spurs is In better shape squad wise and coach wise. 

None of us disappeared from the forum mate xD, what is this, the Donald Trump strategy of just saying shite and hoping it sticks?

19 hours ago, Storts said:

Honestly you can't even believe that.

Madlad is as deluded as they come. Every year he spouts off, and every year you have zero to back it up. Every year it's your year - yet you've failed once again and finished below us for the 8th year out of 9. 

There comes a time where someone has to call you out, because despite the heavy bias towards Liverpool in the media, and your reputation from past decades, right now you amount to very little, and are in the exact same boat as us in terms of taking the next step towards trophies. 

This obviously doesn't go down well on here, considering the vast number of Liverpool fans on the forum - but there isn't a worse fanbase in the country in terms of delusion and hysteria. You're a different breed. 

Not the hero we deserved, but the hero we needed. xD:x

17 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

I don't know full well! I'm not sure why I'd bet £100 and give you the draw as well? 

If I did I did but seems a strange bet to me? Must have been pissed.:D

What about the £250 bet we did on whether you would finish higher than UTD?

17 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Didn't Say y'all disappeared but stayed quiet UNTIL a Spurs thread related topic was started...how convenient xD y'all piled up like hyenas. Don't take out the dissapointment of losing to real Madrid on Nicholas. 9_9

He hilariously bit, we are entitled to laugh.

• Subscriber

Oh dear. There is no biting here, as I laid out at the start it’s easy for you to claim this as there are so many of you, always happens, but it was time to set out some home truths, Liverpool are not what you think, they continue to finish below us, your fanbase has a higher percentage of imbeciles than any other, and I’m happy to point this out. 

Until such a time comes as you consistently finish above us in the league, I will laugh at Madlad and others who continue to completely overrate where you are currently as a team and a club. 

As for your post FOYM - I act like we are above you, because once again we were...let’s not let scouse delusion cloud facts this time shall we. 

Archived