talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Fred - Signs For Man Utd

fbl-eur-c3-celta-shakhtar-5b06ae373467ac97fd000003.jpg

Sky Sports Italia reporter Gianluca Di Marzio has claimed that Manchester United have agreed a deal worth £44m for Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder Fred.

In a report published on Di Marzio's official website, the journalist suggests that the deal is done and the Brazil international will be moving to Old Trafford this summer. United manager Jose Mourinho is reported to be excited at the prospect of a midfield comprised of Fred, Paul Pogba and Nemanja Matic.

@Teso dos Bichos @DeadLinesman @Fusion

• The title was changed to Fred - Man Utd Heavily Linked
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I love Brazilians with the non-exotic names. Fred, Lucas, Tim - quality names lads.

For that reason, I hope that he doesn't join the bastards.

don't forget Jo.

And Alan. Alex. Oscar. Nathan. Bill.

Could make a whole team of them. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Oh yeah... I absolutely meant him - everyone, be impressed with my encyclopedia like knowledge :ph34r:

i'm joking. I went on to the page and edited it.

• Administrator

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44349333

Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder Fred is expected to finalise his move to Manchester United early this week.

The Brazilian came on as a second-half substitute in his side's 2-0 win against Croatia at Anfield on Sunday.

It is now anticipated 25-year-old Fred will have a medical at United before completing his switch to Old Trafford for a reported £52m.

Brazil coach Tite says he wants his players' domestic futures sorted ahead of this month's World Cup in Russia.

"When this happens, and it is inevitable, they are going to come to us and our advice to them is resolve this as soon as you can so your head is back with us and focusing on the national team," he said after Sunday's friendly.

"If I was a manager I'd ask to sign him as well."

Provided the deal goes through as anticipated, Fred would be United boss Jose Mourinho's first signing of the summer, although he is also closing in on the transfer of 19-year-old Porto full-back Diogo Dalot.

Fred joined Shakhtar in 2013 and was part of the Brazil squad for the 2015 Copa America.

• The title was changed to Fred - Due to Have Medical at Old Trafford
  • The title was changed to Fred - Signs For Man Utd

I´ve always liked Fred since his Internacional days. I haven´t followed him closely in Ukraine but from the Champions League I´ve seen him he´s matured really well and defintely seems ready to a bigger challenge. 

Very dynamic and creative passer. He´s small (1,69m) but very strong on the ball. I think he´ll succeed, much like Fernandinho, who also made the jump from Shakhtar to England and was successful.

I was trying to remember and I don´t remember of a single brazilian who was really good for United. Kléberson, Anderson... I hope Fred changes it. 

Archived