talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson

football forum

I think we deserve an appreciation thread for the Arnold Schwarzenegger of our time.

Went to see Rampage expecting a massive pile of human dog shit but it was just class to the point where I am now eagerly anticipating Skyscraper.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

i love the man because of how much I watched him in WWE as part of my childhood, but other than Fast and Furious franchise, doesn't he play very similar characters in all his roles xD ? Like, a khaki-wearing adventurer, explorer who fights a bit and is the protagonist in most cases?

51 minutes ago, Stan said:

i love the man because of how much I watched him in WWE as part of my childhood, but other than Fast and Furious franchise, doesn't he play very similar characters in all his roles xD ? Like, a khaki-wearing adventurer, explorer who fights a bit and is the protagonist in most cases?

Fucking hell Stan way to put a downer on it.

I think the only film he's played an adventurer is Jumanji? Though yeah most of his films are repetitive but that's the point, much like Schwarzenegger. 

But he's also in Ballers which is class.

Don't mind the Rock, all of his movies will probably be the same. Action movies or comedies with little acting and just looking huge and muscular. Just like Danny said the Arnold of our time, but it is silly to expect much more from him.

On 26/05/2018 at 16:43, Cannabis said:

Shite actor.

I don' think he is a great actor. But nor are Arnie or vin diesel. Sometimes it doesn't matter 

On 26/05/2018 at 12:55, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

Rampage was average as fuck. I like the Rock but you ALWAYS know exactly what his films are going to be like, by the numbers action film with a bit of humour. 

What about the tooth fairy?

To be fair, he's found his niche and good luck to him.  Much like Liam Neeson really, you know what you're walking into with his films.

Personally don't mind the guy, it's nice to watch movies like he stars in now and again that have lot's of action, light hearted, easy viewing and cheesy plot. I liked the newest Jumanji and didn't mind Hercules or San Andreas. 

If it's not your cup of tea, probably an idea not to bother with any film he's in because they won't differentiate much.

• Subscriber

To be fair even his shit movies are entertaining much like Jason Statham. Hes become a far better actor then Id originally thought he could be but yeah he does kind of play the same role.

Also fun fact he was cut by the current BC Lions Gm and CFL legend Wally Buono durring his time in Calgary with the Stampeders. The Rock was cut from Miami I think it was and was on the Stampeders practice roster for a few months before not getting a break there either. Id say it worked out pretty well for him :what:

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 19:20, Danny said:

I think we deserve an appreciation thread for the Arnold Schwarzenegger of our time.

Went to see Rampage expecting a massive pile of human dog shit but it was just class to the point where I am now eagerly anticipating Skyscraper.

This is not the review I was expecting to get from Rampage.

That game was so fucking good when I was a kid in the arcades. If the movie is actually entertaining, I'll be very happy. I remember seeing the DooM film the Rock starred in and being so gutted that they managed to make DooM shiiiiiite.

But who doesn't love the Rock? As @Viva la FCB just said - he's ended up a much better actor than I ever thought he would when he decided to go into acting and all I knew him as was the muscly guy with the funny eyebrow who brags about his cooking.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I remember seeing the DooM film the Rock starred in and being so gutted that they managed to make DooM shiiiiiite.

I had erased that hot pile of garbage from my memory, thats a slam dunk for worst thing hes done. Although the first person shit at the end was awesome....

1 minute ago, Viva la FCB said:

I had erased that hot pile of garbage from my memory, thats a slam dunk for worst thing hes done. Although the first person shit at the end was awesome....

My sincerest of apologies for bringing that film back to your mind.

I think he needs a franchise like Terminator or Rocky to be up there with Stallone and Arnie. The Fast & furious franchise has always been shite to me.

One thing I enjoy about Dwayne Johnson though is his  instagram content, that man is an absolute machine who never stops.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

He is without doubt the coolest man on the planet. 

He really has earned his success, arguably the biggest WWE star of all time. And now he is smashing it in Hollywood. As a WWE fanboy from the attitude era I just bloody love the man. it’s good to see! :x

Archived