talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Álvaro Odriozola - Linked with Manchester United

I didn't realise he beat Bellerin to the Spain squad. @SirBalon the floor is yours on this one.

Real Sociedad right-back Odriozola has been one of the breakout stars of 2017/18 in La Liga, impressing sufficiently to secure a place in Spain's World Cup squad ahead of Arsenal's Hector Bellerin.

Just 22 years old, Odriozola is already an accomplished La Liga defender, starting 32 of La Real's league games this season and registering four assists. Still improving defensively, despite respectable averages for tackles (1.29) and interceptions (0.89) per 90, Odriozola's main gifts are what he offers going forward.

He did, however, lose possession more than any full-back in the Spanish top flight this term. The two-cap Spain star is another player being linked with a move to Old Trafford in the British media, with a fee in the region of £18million mooted for the youngster.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely brilliant young player. Rave reviews consistently and one of Spain's best young defensive prospects but a move to United is a mistake for me right now and I say this about any talented player connected to a move to Old Trafford.  It's not Man Utd persay... It's United right now!

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived