talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ronaldinho is getting Married!

football forum

3 hours ago, Kowabunga said:

Sorry about your family. I heard a strikingly similar account of violence from a Venezuelan immigrant.

I wonder in how many ways a political system such as the brazilian may collapse and if civil strife with army and shit may be a possibility.  Being so big and with so many partisan and divided (in for profit) interests and so much corruption and dirty bilateral deals, favours and silences struck under the table (to me) the Brazilian Chamber of Deputies resembles the most to the Galactic Senate from Star Wars. Not being a compliment, that's it.

And about Ronnie does the Brazilian Upper House have any real use or is it a graveyard of dinosaurs (and former footballers) like over here?

No, the Senate is a very meaningful chamber. We have a bicameral system in which the Senate repsents the states that form the federation. A senator can propose laws, approve laws and, most importantly, can judge the president in an impeachment trial. This is really important because while the President in Brazil holds significant power, our country is very unstable and the threat of impeachment is a very useful bargaining chip. We´ve had 2 impeachments in 2 decades. In my opinion, Brazil should incorporate the instability to its political system and introduce a "recall" or change to a Parlamentarian system, I actually support this solution. Impeachments are very traumatic and can´t be used like they´re in Brazil. 

Some of the most influential players in brazilian politics, José Sarney and Renan Calheiros, are senators. Those dudes would eat Ronaldinho alive. Ronaldinho is a child, he´s never had to mature, his brother, Assis, was the one that has always made the tough decisions in his life. He´s not Romário. Ronaldinho should just enjoy his life like he does. 

Right noe, the truck drivers in its 7th day. This is one of the ironies of this bizarre country. We´re a continental country that basically does not use railways. Almost everything is transported by trucks. It´s really messy here at the moment. There´s already shortages of food and oil, hospitals are already selecting the most urgent procedures because they´re not sure they´ll have enough material, many schools and universities are closed, some airports as well. 

The Supreme Court declared the strike illegal but it´s still ongoing and to add to the atmosphere of institutional chaos Polícia Federal already declared they won´t supress the strike (reminds me of the red rose episode involving the cossacks in the February Revolution). The far-right bolsonaristas are loving this mess and the calls or a military intervention are getting louder and louder. A significant number of brazilians don´t believe in democracy anymore. 

Slowly, the country is totally falling apart. It´s very worrisome. 

The World Cup can´t come soon enough. Perhaps a good campaign can serve as a symbol for unity and help us get through it

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus F Christ I didn't realise Brazil is at a crurcial point in existence. It is absolutely unreal how the politcal instability  of South Americas biggest country isnt reported on

14 hours ago, Spike said:

Jesus F Christ I didn't realise Brazil is at a crurcial point in existence. It is absolutely unreal how the politcal instability  of South Americas biggest country isnt reported on

There some articles here and there in international press, but yes, much like Venezuela, this is a very underreported story. I´ll keep you guys posted. xD

The government has met all the demands from the truck drivers but they still are on strike, apparently they´ve decided to oust the government, they want a military coup. The Army, on the other hand, already stated that they won´t break the constitutional order. It´s bizarre. If this keeps one more week we won´t have anything to eat. We already don´t have oil. 

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/bus-service-cut-flights-canceled-strike-brazil-55458300

The losses are already estimated at 30 billion reais (7 billion dollars). We´re basically China´s farmland and the animal and vegetal products are dying due to the lack of food/transportation. 

This is Brazil at the moment: 

Caminhoneiros-em-greve-2018.jpg

15274452525b0af7048b16e_1527445252_5x2_l

AAxOx2D.img?h=522&w=874&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

brasil-greve-caminhoneiros-20180524-020.

whatsapp-image-2018-05-27-at-100438.jpeg

escassez-supermercado-prateleira-vazia-a

15272075685b075690c3a10_1527207568_3x2_m

whatsapp-image-2018-05-26-at-14.18.32-3-

IMG_20180525_150442.jpg

• 5 months later...

Archived