talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Stephan Lichtsteiner - Arsenal Move Complete

• Administrator

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44261052

Arsenal hope to sign Juventus right-back Stephan Lichtsteiner on a free transfer.

The 34-year-old Switzerland international is out of contract with the Italian champions this summer.

The Gunners view long-term target Lichtsteiner as an option that would add experience and leadership to new head coach Unai Emery's squad.

Lichtsteiner has scored 14 goals in 250 appearances for Juve since signing from Lazio in August 2011.

He won the Serie A titles in each of his seven seasons at the club, as well as four Italian Cups, and is expected to captain Switzerland at next month's World Cup in Russia.

Lichtsteiner would be Emery's first signing since taking charge at Emirates Stadium.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like this signing, he is getting on a bit but he is exactly what we need. We just need someone to fill in for Bellerin when required and I'm sure he will be perfect for that. Hope we get this done, would be a good start to our summer business.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Didnt see this one here.

Anyway, he be good to add experience to the team. 

Yeah, he's pretty decent and like you say, he has plenty of elite experience at club level.  That's the sort of thing that's needed in a squad and not doing the filling in with tons of kids when you're vying to compete.

What we do need though is some top quality first teamers in vital on pitch positions.

11 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Yeah, he's pretty decent and like you say, he has plenty of elite experience at club level.  That's the sort of thing that's needed in a squad and not doing the filling in with tons of kids when you're vying to compete.

What we do need though is some top quality first teamers in vital on pitch positions.

It is what Arsenal need, also other targets are Jasper Cillessen, Steven Bergwijn, Nzonzi, Fellaini and Sokratis, these are real targets that the club have been in talks with.

Jasper Cillessen - Arsenal have spoke to Barcelona, Jasper is available but Barcelona want around 50 Million Euros.

Steven Bergwijn - Top PSV talent, has the makings of a top player with the right guidance, should cost about 20 millions and i expect this one to be done.

Nzonzi - Linked to the club again, he is much needed and hopefully a deal can be done after the world cup.

Fellaini - We are in talks with him apparently as he is a free agent.

Sokratis - Is having a medical today at Arsenal, his Dad has confirmed that his son is joining Arsenal. 

• The title was changed to Stephan Lichtsteiner - Arsenal Move Complete
30 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Fellaini - We are in talks with him apparently as he is a free agent.

I don't swear much ever... But fuck Fellaini!  If something like that occurs it will be even more ridiculous than the Sanogo signing because at least with Sanogo he could do the club post in an efficient manner.  Fellaini is a crap footballer.

18 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I don't swear much ever... But fuck Fellaini!  If something like that occurs it will be even more ridiculous than the Sanogo signing because at least with Sanogo he could do the club post in an efficient manner.  Fellaini is a crap footballer.

Fellaini deal done.

Just now, Panna King said:

No all betting is suspended as Arsenal have agreed a deal.

Rubbish!  The bloke has moved in and is probably claiming squatter's rights to remain.  No way a club like Arsenal that reside in the league this element has been playing in for so long can have decided to spend anything on him. Unless he's free and is playing for free... But I thought only players at Barcelona payed for free! :ph34r:

Archived