talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 29th May - Peru vs Scotland

football forum

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have been terrible, but finally find a breakthrough in a penalty which Christian Cueva scores. Things should be easier from here. 

1-0 at the half. I'm not going to say its been good though. We've been so sloppy, our worst game since Venezuela in 2016.

Alberto Rodriguez has been so wasted at club level. He's one of the best CB's on the continent. Not an error tonight yet again.

Ends 2-0. I'll talk more about the game tomorrow as I have a headache right now, but I don't think it was particularly great.

Feeling a bit better

We were really poor in my opinion. Both goals were more of Scotlands loss than Peru's win as they were both errors from the goalkeeper Archer. They did alright in bunkering down but the first half was let down by sloppy passing and the second was let down by lack of iniative from La Blanquiroja.

I don't think this would be a problem against Denmark or France as both will look to attack us, but Australia are a bit different especially with the amount of midfielders they have.

Between our 2 friendlies, I reckon we win vs Saudi Arabia but lose to Sweden. Which I think would be a good thing. Sometimes winning too many games (especially friendlies) can harm a teams mentality in important games.

11 minutes ago, Blue said:

@Inverted ended 2-0 for us.

Your keeper basically lost the game and Scotland lost the game theirselves.

Thoughts?

From the sound of it I'm glad I slept happily through the match. Don't think we'll be moving on from Gordon/MacGregor/Marshall in goal any time soon.

Just now, Stan said:

Loris McKarius style? 

Not as bad, but they were some pretty shocking mistakes never the less.

First goal, one of the CB's had a situation under control and the keeper goes out to complicate things, Farfan gets an open net and another defender has no choice but to handball it leading to a penalty.

Second goal was poor handling from a poor Farfan shot. 

At 2:30 and 3:20 you can see the mistakes he's made. Scotland lost the match on their own. We hardly got out of first gear and it was our sloppiest game in a while. Hopefully its just a warm up performance from the team because Denmark and France won't be so forgiving.

Just now, Cannabis said:

I guess you're a bit pissed off then, considering you said you'd be happy with 7-0?

Nah, I'm not pissed. I'm concerned, the team tonight had their worst performance in 2 years.

Everyone says it was because Scotland decided to bunker down, but it was more because we were really sloppy and took little iniative. We played half the game with the ball in our posession but in our own half. It was painful to watch. Scotland's bunkering down wasn't THAT good in my opinion. If we played like we did vs Croatia and Iceland, we would have won 4 or 5-0.

Literally the only reason it didn't end 0-0 was because Scotland pressed the self-destruct button and lost the game themselves. I get its pointless to think of what ifs, but I'll make an exception here because I can't think the way we played today was OK.

Luckily its only a friendly and we can learn from our errors without fault. I think Gareca will have noticed the errors last night and not have it masked by the fact we won 2-0.

Archived