talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 29th May - Peru vs Scotland

football forum

This is our home sending off, against Scotland's B side. No Robertson (understandably due to CL final) and no Tierney (don't understand this one) but the likes of Ritchie and Russell will be there. The only absence from the usual first teamers for Peru is Guerrero.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice sending off for Peru, given our game vs Scotland in 1978 is historic between both sides (historic win for us and historic loss for them). Would have been cool to have better opposition for this but again its kind of a nice little throwback to the old days. 

I want to see our usual lineup (without Paolo of course) for this one.

Gallese

Trauco - Rodriguez - Ramos - Advincula

Tapia - Yotun

Carrillo - Cueva - Flores

Farfan

I don't care about winning the other friendlies but this one in particular I'm a bit bothered about just because its our home sending off and its against much inferior opposition. I want to win 4 or 5-0 which is possible but I'm seeing more of a 2-0 win which would be totally like us.

15 minutes ago, Stan said:

are you going @Blue?

Sadly not, tickets were extremely difficult to get that bordered around being lucky, and I didn't feel ready to apply for the acreditation process to go as press, so I'll be watching this from home.

6 minutes ago, Blue said:

Are those tickets for the Scots?

Peruvians had to win a draw, because so many people wanted to go. They did the same against New Zealand but the away fans had their own tickets.

No idea. It's just like online ticket touts I think. 

Today is the day

After this off to Europe they go for the rest of their friendlies and then the World Cup. Apparently, Matt Ritchie is no longer in the team as I thought he was. 

I say we win this 3-0. 

Caceda

Trauco - Rodriguez - Ramos - Advincula

Tapia - Yotun

Carrillo - Cueva - Flores

Farfan

Only one change to the team and its the overrated Caceda again. We are trying to take care of Gallese who has a knock that way he can make the World Cup.

Luckily though its a friendly, so I don't really care if Caceda plays or not. I just hope Gallese is fit for the World Cup.

It appears we are actually going to test Carvallo instead of Caceda.

I don't like our backup keepers. Carvallo is having his worst season in a long time and Caceda is a donkey. Well, at least both are good shot stoppers.

42 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I think it’s good they’re giving recovering brain trauma cases a way back into the workforce through journalism.

Yeah, true. It’s good they are giving @Blue opportunities I guess. 

47 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I think it’s good they’re giving recovering brain trauma cases a way back into the workforce through journalism.

Ahhh I just got your comment. Why is that though? That not what you think you'll see?

38 minutes ago, Blue said:

Ahhh I just got your comment. Why is that though? That not what you think you'll see?

It would be very un-McLeish, and even at that so many of  players are wildly out of position. 

Cadden is mostly a grafting up-and-down winger who if anything would be wide right. Murphy is a right-footed inside forward who I could not imagine playing LWB: plus we have uncapped LBs when I presume McLeish wants to try out.

Just now, Inverted said:

It would be very un-McLeish, and even at that so many of  players are wildly out of position. 

Cadden is mostly a grafting up-and-down winger who if anything would be wide right. Murphy is a right-footed inside forward who I could not imagine playing LWB: plus we have uncapped LBs when I presume McLeish wants to try out.

Can't say I'm familiar with most but I never thought I would see Johnny Russell at RWB xD

Archived