talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Rooney Returns To Everton With More Hair Than He Left With

Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney, 31, is likely to return to his boyhood club Everton this summer, and may even be allowed to move on a free transfer. (Independent)

West Ham are also interested in signing the England and Red Devils captain. (Sky Sports)

Would the Everton fans on here take him back?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly, if he has a choice, there's only one place he's going. 

I wouldn't have him anywhere near us. I don't know where he'd play. We'd probably leave Tom Davies out the current team to fit him in and that is ridiculous. 

I'm not interested in his commercial value to the team, I don't see that. 

Go to West Ham or America. 

He worked hard with all his transfer requests to bump up his wages to £300k per week. Not sure if he's ready to take a big pay cut. I'd actually like to see him back at Everton but I think a move to the MLS is more likely. China could be an option but he seems the last person that'd be able to settle in a totally different culture.

If he wants any of my respect (a precious commodity in this topsy turvy world of ours) he will go back to Everton, work his ass off, do as instructed by the manager and not break the bank while doing it. Become a respectable footballer once more.

Or he can fuck off to the indian permier league to find his level the fat wanker.

He'd probably do a job for a bottom half club, a good signing for a club likely to be fighting relegation but that's his lot. I can't for one minute think why a club like Everton, who have aspirations of breaking the top four, would be interested in bringing him back? 

• Administrator

Think he'll go to the MLS as they'll be able to afford his wages as a marquee signing.

Think Everton are better off without him if you take away the sentimentality. 

No team in MLS is going to be able to afford those wages what so ever. The only places that would be able to afford that are Man City, Chelsea, PSG, Real Madrid, Barcelona and China. So it comes down to what he wants more? Money or quality football? It would be a respectable move if he slashes his wages in like... half at minimum and plays at Everton. I'm sure with sponsorship and shirt sales alone from him it'd clear for them but still he'd be asking a lot.

• Subscriber

I'd have him back. Wouldn't expect to see him starting every week at the expense of players like Davies and Calvert-Lewin getting opportunities but I can see him having a positive influence around the club, and someone to look up to for the younger lads, including the likes of Barkley.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, adziom said:

I'd have him back. Wouldn't expect to see him starting every week at the expense of players like Davies and Calvert-Lewin getting opportunities but I can see him having a positive influence around the club, and someone to look up to for the younger lads, including the likes of Barkley.

Barkley will be at Tottenham in the summer so not sure Rooney will have much influence 

He'll go back to Everton, I think he's got a couple more years in him in England before he heads abroad for his big pay day before he retires. 

West Ham aren't a bad shout though, they could throw daft money at him it they really want him.

• 3 months later...
  • The title was changed to Rooney Returns To Everton With More Hair Than He Left With

Archived