talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Rooney Returns To Everton With More Hair Than He Left With

2 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

You could say they have already got a top class prospect in Sandro, he will have plenty of time to grow. Rooney will be a solid addition if they can light a fire under him and he has only signed for two years.

Are they only allowed one or something?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Broke his foot that season shortly after. Karma's a bitch

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't that 2006? Seeing as it put his World Cup chances into doubt.

Sure enough England did their usual, took someone not fully fit and they didn't deliver.

55 minutes ago, Dan said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't that 2006? Seeing as it put his World Cup chances into doubt.

Sure enough England did their usual, took someone not fully fit and they didn't deliver.

Yeah thought he did that during the 2006 season

Don't understand why people are writing him off. As a LFC fan, I do want him to spectacularly fail, but I don't think that will be the case. He is only 31. And he will be super motivated. He will be under slightly less pressure. As much as hate to admit it, Everton are assembling a decent side, and have a good manager, so I won't be surprised if this move ends up being successful. 

Yeah, I'm a bit sick of hearing about how Rooney's so much more motivated now, as if he's ever not given 100%, or how there's less pressure on him, as if a player who's won league titles and been to (and won) Champions' League finals is likely to be held back by pressure.

I think he'd have a decent season, he'll be a lot more motivated than he has been in recent years and hopefully that'll be enough to rekindle the fire and rejuvenate him. This is a good deal for Everton, they didn't have to pay a transfer fee for him and I think he'll make a decent contribution at the very least.

I don't get why people are so critical of Rooney going to Everton or Terry going to Villa. I think it's great that both players have been willing to take a step down and take a pay decrease in order to continue playing the game. They could quite easily have gone to China, but both have shown that they still have ambition to play, when they could easily retire and still be set for life given how much money they have earned in their careers. Good on them both. I hope it works out well for them. I think Rooney will do alright at Everton myself and it's a wise move allround. His time at United was up and they needed to get him of the books, he needed a new leash of life and Everton could do with his experience. It's a win/win for all parties involved. I doubt he'll score bucket loads for them, but will still offer plenty. A change of club can do a lot for a player when they "lose it", and there is no better place to return than home.

Archived