talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mo Salah's World Cup Shenanigans

football forum

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No one here has done so yet, but I've gotten a reply on Twitter saying that Egypt is out in the groups. I'm not entirely having that. Its tougher now, but Egypt aren't here solely down to Mohamed Salah.

The Egyptian league has a lot of talent that could show up and make an impression as well as players in more fringe European leagues. Gomaa and Trezeguet are 2 examples of this.

I think with the group they are in, they can still go through but still, I am gutted for Salah as its one of his dreams to play in the World Cup I'd bet.

• Administrator
Just now, Cannabis said:

I'm sure you could normally just pop it back in but Klopp has said it's a really serious one. Perhaps he has done some serious damage somewhere?

i'm guessing ligament/muscle damage then if he is out long-term.

I'm fully expecting Real Madrid to be in the same group as Liverpool in next season's Champions League and Ramos being warned not to enter the city  xD 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

i'm guessing ligament/muscle damage then if he is out long-term.

I'm fully expecting Real Madrid to be in the same group as Liverpool in next season's Champions League and Ramos being warned not to enter the city  xD 

Imagine how hated he must be in Egypt. There will be protests once Ramadans over.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

I want Spain to win the world cup but not as much as I never want to see Sergio Ramos lifting the cup as captain.

I want to see someone punch the cunt in the throat. Or maybe stamp aggressively on his face. 

The absolute embodiment of Real Madrid. Wining without a soul. 

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Terrible for Mo if this is true. Shattered for him. 

A good showing taking Eygypt through the group wouldve  seen him a contender for major awards. 

It'd be a shame to not see him at the World Cup. But a dislocated shoulder? I mean...it's like two weeks until the World Cup. I'm convinced that he'll make it. 

I know its totally irrelevant but I find it interesting to note that Salah will barely reach the World Cup in the same manner Suarez barely reached the World Cup with Uruguay in 2014... both played for Liverpool being the star and both fought for a major honour that season. 

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Machado said:

In any case, I wouldn't be travelling to Egypt any time soon if I was Sergio Ramos.

I would stay away from anywhere close to Egypt if I was him. They'd break both his hands.

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Just saw this too

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44274355

I doubt the Egptian FA would take a risk but I really hope he does go. Its your country and its a chance, even if its slim, to challenge for a trophy. 

If they can't get his shoulder fixed then they should send him here, we have 'Pehalvans'  who do their Desi treatment of dislocated bones. They just grab it and pull it :46_confounded:xD

On 27/05/2018 at 09:33, Cannabis said:

Honestly i think Klopp would make it out to be bad just to make sure he didn't get slammed for pussying out in such an important game.

Won't  surprise me at all if it turns out he'll be fine. 

• Subscriber
On 5/26/2018 at 14:36, Stan said:

does a dislocated shoulder really rule you out for that long :/ ?

So heres the thing with a dislocated shoulder; If its the first time hes done it you usually do muscle and ligament damage on its way out. That takes quite awhile to heal and in most cases it doesnt properly. You can spend years building up strength to better hold it in but once the ligaments are gone they're gone and the only proper fix is surgery.

The rates are something like If you dislocated it once you have a 50% chance to do it again and it keeps going up from there, I want to say it was after the first half to a dozen times It no longer hurt it was just awkward to try and put it back in and I could keep playing through it.

• Subscriber

He will be playing at the world cup because now the prognosis is three to four weeks with Egypt's first game in Russia coming in just 16 days. I think by then the pain will have subsided but as Viva la FCB said this is just a temporary stop-gap which will probably require surgery for complete healing. It would be risky to put him out on the pitch but I don't think anyone wants to really go out and legitimately hurt another player so he might actually be fine after it all. 

Archived