talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Juventus

football forum

He's not going anywhere.

His life is extremely settled in Madrid, and it's not like he's showing any signs of slowing down (goal scoring wise). 

Isn't his son also part of the Real academy?

Can't see it. Although Juve would seem like more of a possible destination than the step down that is Manchester United under Mourinho. 

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Harry said:

That's about as interesting a move as you could get for Ronaldo. (Short of going to Napoli, wining the league and stealing the Maradona comparisons away from Messi)....

I'd actually like to see it happen. 

Thinking about it, Cristiano going to Napoli makes a lot of sense. 

He loves playing for Ancelotti, ADL probably would jump in the chance to get a guy like Ronaldo to Napoli and to Ronaldo bringing a Scudetto to Napoli back would make him a true football legend in Napoli, like Maradona. 

There are few things better in life than being an idol in Napoli. And this is why many players, like Hamsik, Koulibaly, Mertens, stay there. It´s one of the best places in the world to be a footballer. I think @SirBalon can confirm that. 

5 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

He loves playing for Ancelotti, ADL probably would jump in the chance to get a guy like Ronaldo to Napoli and to Ronaldo bringing a Scudetto to Napoli back would make him a true football legend in Napoli, like Maradona. 

There are few things better in life than being an idol in Napoli. And this is why many players, like Hamsik, Koulibaly, Mertens, stay there. It´s one of the best places in the world to be a footballer. I think @SirBalon can confirm that. 

This would be fantastic, I hope it happens.

3 hours ago, El Profesor said:

The reason I didn’t answer you straight away was because I wanted to retrieve a video a friend showed me about a year back from the YouTube Neapolitan video series called Fanpage. But I can’t find it now and it’s too many to scroll through... My wife caught me and I’m not allowed internet on holiday. xD:(

But yeah... Naples has many bad things but also has many unbelievably miraculous things... One of those positives is the culture (very different to the rest of Italy) and within that ancient culture that was first formed by the ancient Greeks there is a part that’s unique which is their addiction to passion, they can’t get enough of the stuff. Many that don’t know Italy well think that the famous Italian passion is a national thing but that’s not true because northern Italians a dry bread and extremely boring although aside from that disgusting thing called polenta that they eat, the meat is good up there!... Better not sway off the track here... xD

Naples is Italian passion... It’s the genuine Mambo Italiano!

With that extreme passion you mix football and you can only imagine what that cocktail ends up creating!!!

Put it this way... Italy aren’t in the World Cup and the figures for watching this present tournament in Italy are terrible. But thabkfully for Naples it’s been worth Mediaset buying into the product because they’re going mental!

Maradona... He isn’t just the greatest footballer of all time for the Neapolitans. He is a god! For them he’s related to divinity and when Maradona was strutting his stuff in the late 80s early 90s at the San Paolo, there was a baby boom (I kid you not) and you can imagine what most of the boys ended up being called... You even find the early 30s late 20s girls called the strangest name I’ve ever heard... Diega!!! xD

Playing for Napoli you become one of them. Pepe Reina said some months ago that the Neapolitans are the greatest people on earth and they treat you like a family member making you feel like something special. He also added that the greatness of their unique culture sometimes goes to the negative extremes which shows that even the most beautiful things always also have defects.

I don’t know if Cristiano has what’s required in him to give what they ask from you. But it would’ve been a sight to have seen him go there maybe two years ago. But they can’t and won’t pay those wages. If you enter Aurelio De Laurentiis’ arms, you’d better understand that you don’t get your soul back until he says it’s time. 

4 hours ago, El Profesor said:

There are few things better in life than being an idol in Napoli. 

Conan! What is best in life?

To play for Carletto, cry SIUUUUUU, see the haters driven before you, winning scudetto for Napoli.

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

The reason I didn’t answer you straight away was because I wanted to retrieve a video a friend showed me about a year back from the YouTube Neapolitan video series called Fanpage. But I can’t find it now and it’s too many to scroll through... My wife caught me and I’m not allowed internet on holiday. xD:(

But yeah... Naples has many bad things but also has many unbelievably miraculous things... One of those positives is the culture (very different to the rest of Italy) and within that ancient culture that was first formed by the ancient Greeks there is a part that’s unique which is their addiction to passion, they can’t get enough of the stuff. Many that don’t know Italy well think that the famous Italian passion is a national thing but that’s not true because northern Italians a dry bread and extremely boring although aside from that disgusting thing called polenta that they eat, the meat is good up there!... Better not sway off the track here... xD

With that extreme passion you mix football and you can only imagine what that cocktail ends up creating!!!

Put it this way... Italy aren’t in the World Cup and the figures for watching this present tournament in Italy are terrible. But thabkfully for Naples it’s been worth Mediaset buying into the product because they’re going mental!

Maradona... He isn’t just the greatest footballer of all time for the Neapolitans. He is a god! For them he’s related to divinity and when Maradona was strutting his stuff in the late 80s early 90s at the San Paolo, there was a baby boom (I kid you not) and you can imagine what most of the boys ended up being called... You even find the early 30s late 20s girls called the strangest name I’ve ever heard... Diega!!! xD

Playing for Napoli you become one of them. Pepe Reina said some months ago that the Neapolitans are the greatest people on earth and they treat you like a family member making you feel like something special. He also added that the greatness of their unique culture sometimes goes to the negative extremes which shows that even the most beautiful things always also have defects.

I don’t know if Cristiano has what’s required in him to give what they ask from you. But it would’ve been a sight to have seen him go there maybe two years ago. But they can’t and won’t pay those wages. If you enter Aurelio De Laurentiis’ arms, you’d better understand that you don’t get your soul back until he says it’s time. 

Stop! Northern Italy is the best part of Italy, Toño! xD I´m kidding, you know, I´m part italian, my dad´s family is from San Bonifacio, Veneto. They were ethnic italians but they supported the  Habsburgs, and ended up killing the italian nationalists. A mess. So after that part of Veneto went from Austro-Hungarian to italian hands, they had to flee. Unfortunately, intelligence has never been our strenght and they thought Brazil was a promissing country. xD Why didn´t they go to the US?  :61_sob:

But about Naples, I think that city has an amazing culture and history, and the way football is felt there, few places in the world experience it. Careca is still revered there.

3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

They've got the best pizza in the world as well.

10 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

They've got the best pizza in the world as well.

To be honest I prefer Roman style pizza to Neapolitan pizza. They eat too much pizza here in Naples and I'm a bit sick of it. xD

The Spanish press especially MARCA have confirmed the interest of Juventus and Cristiano Ronaldo. There is apparently already an agreement between Cristiano, Mendes and Juventus coupled with a verbal agreement between Cristiano Ronaldo and Real Madrid from January to agree a negotiation between any interested club Cristiano would like to move to.  This because of Cristiano Ronaldo's buy-out clause which stands at a staggering €1b.

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

To be honest I prefer Roman style pizza to Neapolitan pizza. They eat too much pizza here in Naples and I'm a bit sick of it. xD

The crust is just so fucking great on Neapolitan pizzas.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

The crust is just so fucking great on Neapolitan pizzas.

For me the crust on Neapolitan pizzas is just too soft.  That's why I prefer the style they use in the Lazio region (Rome) which is a bit crispier. 

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

For me the crust on Neapolitan pizzas is just too soft.  That's why I prefer the style they use in the Lazio region (Rome) which is a bit crispier. 

Yeah my mum is the same, prefers those thinner crusts. I don’t like the crispy Roman crusts as much but when I had pizza in Naples, it changed my pizza eating world forever.

I’m sure one thing we can agree on is Italians that aren’t in the north of Italy sure can fucking cook.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah my mum is the same, prefers those thinner crusts. I don’t like the crispy Roman crusts as much but when I had pizza in Naples, it changed my pizza eating world forever.

I’m sure one thing we can agree on is Italians that aren’t in the north of Italy sure can fucking cook.

Food and football is all they talk about!  xD

The incredible thing about Neapolitan (Southern Italian food in general) cooking is that it's so simple and yet tastes so so bloody great.  But the ingredients have to be those from the region I've noticed because I've reproduced the same dish in London and it's not the same.

11 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The very latest rumours are that Cristiano Ronaldo is about to leave Real Madrid and it's looking like it will indeed be Juventus. :o

How did this become Pizza talk? xD

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Food and football is all they talk about!  xD

The incredible thing about Neapolitan (Southern Italian food in general) cooking is that it's so simple and yet tastes so so bloody great.  But the ingredients have to be those from the region I've noticed because I've reproduced the same dish in London and it's not the same.

Yeah I’ve tried doing the same thing. It’s not the same. I’ve found a little Italian market by me (well I’ve found like 8, but I live close to SD’s Little Italy) and I buy shite imported from Italy to try to replicate it. I’ve come CLOSE but never exact.

Also I much prefer the idea of Ronaldo at Napoli than Juve.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I don't know, but it shows where the priorities really do lie with men because the latest news I posted some minutes ago was ignored. :rofl:

xD what can I say, I fucking love pizza

Ronaldo will never go to Napoli. Its not the standard being lower than Madrid that's the problem - its the image rights issue. And someone with as big as image as Ronaldo wouldn't want to go there. Too risky for him.

Besides, Jorge Mendes will only ever send him to clubs of Real Madrid standard. 

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Ronaldo will never go to Napoli. Its not the standard being lower than Madrid that's the problem - its the image rights issue. And someone with as big as image as Ronaldo wouldn't want to go there. Too risky for him.

Besides, Jorge Mendes will only ever send him to clubs of Real Madrid standard. 

He’s won 5 CLs and is the top scoring European in international football.

He’s got nothing to prove to anybody. He could move to Accrington Stanley and keep his legacy intact.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Also I much prefer the idea of Ronaldo at Napoli than Juve.

The Napoli thing is impossible mate.  He'll fit in perfectly at Juventus to be honest... xD

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

xD what can I say, I fucking love pizza

Mate... Food is the most important thing. That comes first in my books! ;)

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He’s won 5 CLs and is the top scoring European in international football.

He’s got nothing to prove to anybody. He could move to Accrington Stanley and keep his legacy intact.

ADL wants all the image rights belonging to Napoli and this makes it difficult to Ronaldo to have sponsors, which would hurt him significatly. 

Let me put it to you this way @Dr. Gonzo 

If Ronaldo goes to Napoli, the club will have to own him 100%. Which means no sponsors, no brand recognition and possibly no Jorge Mendes. That doesn't help Ronaldo, especially with someone in his 30's. When Higuain joined Napoli, ADL insisted that he needed to own him 100%, when at one point Real Madrid still owned half of him. Its a real problem for the club and while it would be great to see Ronaldo at the Partenopei, its simply impossible for someone like him.

On 02/07/2018 at 14:05, Cicero said:

He's not going anywhere.

His life is extremely settled in Madrid, and it's not like he's showing any signs of slowing down (goal scoring wise). 

Isn't his son also part of the Real academy?

Can't see it. Although Juve would seem like more of a possible destination than the step down that is Manchester United under Mourinho. 

At his age, he’s not going to win a World Cup now and domestic titles won’t interest him that much. He wants money and adulation. He’d get both in abundance. Still never going to happen though.

• The title was changed to Juventus

Archived